It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So hello everyone. It has been a while since I have been on the forum due to a relapse I had. The relapse was not with oxy, my drug of choice, but with the stress reducing drug xanax. I have never liked xanax before, although I have taken it medically. Stress got the better of me and I figured, "what the hell." Talk about a big mistake. I later woke up in the ICU, ODed on xanax with no idea how I got there. It was one of the scariest things that has happened to me in some time. The lesson learned here is that none of us can get too comfortable with sobriety and let our guard down, even for a minute. Also just because you don't believe that you have a problem with another drug doesn't mean that you can't develop a problem with it. I have my internet connection back now, and I am going to try as hard as I can to talk on the forum as much as I can. Thank you, all of you, for always being there. I hope I can always be there for all of you as well, and anytime anyone needs to talk you know where to find me now. I wish all of you a great day of sobriety.

JayJay
P.S. I need some tips for dealing with stress, I got some good ideas but I don't think any of them will work long term. I take trazodone for sleeping, and it helps the next day as well, but I don't think that is a solution either. Stress and anxiety run my life and another relapse could be my last.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi JSP,
I'm really glad to hear you're OK. I know from experience how dangerous it can be to abuse xanax.

As for stress-relief, I rely on meditation. Some call it self-hypnosis or even guided imagery. I have some tracks on my computer and have had great luck using such a method to relieve my anxiety. Let me know if you want me to send you some tracks; otherwise you can find such things in any large bookstore. Writing is a good way to get things out, too.

And you're so right, we can easily fall into a trap with a drug we thought we didn't have a problem with.

Again, I'm really happy that you're OK and so glad to see you back here. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're here for you.

Take care,

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad you made it back....we have been thinking of you. Stay close to us......we really want to be there for you. Cats they say have 9 lives...reading your story you may not be that lucky. I am sure there will plenty of people that will have some great suggestions on stress and anxiety and I will be watching because I suffer as well. I am just glad your alive and this disease didn't take your life. We are here for you and anyone else that suffers from the same things your going through. What do say........let's do it together.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank god you made it back. That's what I'm always stressing out in here once your a addict chances are you will get addicted to any thing else you try. I go nuts when people say I can drink I'm "NOT" a Alcoholic I never had a problem with it. So If I tried herion its ok cause I'm not a herion addict. And people say that's kind of harsh to compare the two well no it isn't cause more people DIE probably from alcohol then herion. just pisses me off to no end. I'm just glad you made it back and good luck along this journey we are on for life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

JayJay,

Wow, I am glad you are better. I know how bad you felt, but trust me when I tell you that you have nothing to feel bad about. You know what you did and have recognized better ways to cope with it. We learn with each stumble, and you got back on track right away which means you are managing your situation positively.
It's nice to see you back, we missed you.