It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Relieved
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I'm 32 weeks and had an opiate addiction before pregnancy. When I got pregnant I started self treating with suboxone. My doctor has not known, not until today. I called and told them everything and they are faxing my papers over to a recovery center to get me on Subutex. I call them in the morning for an appointment. Tons of stress has been lifted. I'm still very worried about CPS when the baby is born, but if i maintain a low dosage and have a legal prescription....they can't take him right?!??

Post subject: Re: Relieved
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:58 am 

RIGHT! .From what I know if you follow the Drs plan, take your recovery to heart, sure you will be fine.
That was very brave and also the right thing to do. You made the call, took action and look what happened. Peace of mind!!!! :D
Good for you!

Razor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:46 pm 

Randaroo good for u!!!

I'm so happy for u and now u have some relief. I agree with razor, I don't think u have to worry about child services, u are going to have a script....great job. Now I know ur gonna worry about any little thing, cause we're mothers, but I think ur gonna be okay. Good luck :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for your support. God knows I need it. None of my family know about my situation besides my husband. It feels great being able to talk about it with someone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:48 pm 

Hi Randaroo...so proud of you! I am a social worker and the goal is always to keep the child with its biological family. Please make sure you document all you are doing to stay clean. Have people sign on medical forms,get a note from any doctor. You may even think about attending Aa/NA or any recovery group and get signatures that you attended. They are used to signing cards for people who are in IDRC. I wish you all the luck. Please keep us posted! Staying active here will be a great support.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Michelle! I will keep all documentation. I know I feel guilty and like shit about everything, and thought I could get myself clean without a doctor, but I can't...and i know that I really need to be under a doctors care with addiction.

I love my children...and i love this baby just as much. It would tear me apart if he couldn't come home. My kids are my life.

As far as Aa/Na meetings, the subutex doctor has therapy meetings weekly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:22 am 

You absolutely did the right thing and if you can't talk about this with your family you can always come here for support! We will be with you for as long as you need us! Michelle's suggestions are spot on!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:08 am 

Hi Randaroo, Attendance at NA/AA meetings will look good too and will help support your situation. I know sometimes those rooms are resistant to those of us on medication but too bad. First, you don't have to tell anyone and second it is not their place to judge. I just know that if you can show that every day you were doing something to support your recovery it just builds an even stronger case for yourself. If you can't get to meetings, keep a journal doing work on the steps. Just start with step one. Write it at the top of the page and then journal about it. Was it easy for you, what have you done to work this step etc... you get my point. It will only help! So happy that you are doing the right thing for your whole family! We are here for ya!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know this is a couple months old but you did the right thing. I was already on Suboxone prior to pregnancy and have two beautiful children who did not have to be dosed on morphine after birth. They observed my first for 5 days and my second for 3 days. I was on 6my and breastfed both. I do recommend reading all you can on NAS, attitudes regarding buprenorphine and medical professionals, and also look at studies. Good luck and don't stress. CPS should not/will not be an issue if you have a legitimate script and your baby does not test positive for anything else illegal. They may send a social worker to make sure you have resources to continue recovery if you need them.