It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I relapsed on oxy for a couple days and it Felt the same thing as my suboxone pretty much... It wore off so fast... i didnt even really feel "high". just "normal".. This goes to show me that sub really is an opiate and honestly i felt way BETTER on sub... because there are no peaks and valleys... Strange right? It sucked...

So yeah.. I like Sub better than oxy now.. is this strange?

Dont get me wrong they are different.. but after being on sub maintence for a few months and feeling stable then relapsing on OXy and having some chaos it showed me how much better I am on Subs..

I was taking about 2mg sub twice a day... and during my relapse my tolerance was at about 60mg oxy every 4-6 hours...

I'm going to switch back to Subs probably tommorow... as I have to wait that excruciating 24 hours before i can dose it :(

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:42 pm 

Well I'm glad you made the right decision to get back on the maintenance program. It's good to hear what happens when one slips. I kind of figured you wouldn't be able to feel very much and we all know that the building up of tolerance is what got us all in trouble. That's the greatest thing about Sub, the tolerance doesn't change. We are able to take less and less and it still does a good job at keeping us feeling normal.

And didn't the pain killers stop working for all of us? Isn't that why we sought out treatment, because we just couldn't get high anymore w/o overdosing or breaking the bank. I remember taking 10-10mg Norco's and not feeling it hit me. That's when I knew it was time to give up and seek some help. Thank God for the Suboxone program. Without it, I have no idea how I could have survived more than a few more months w/o losing my job, marriage, and everything else.

I hate to say it, but better you than me. At least you'll be back on it and can stabilize again. Have a great recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

cire113,

Thank you SO much for posting about your relapse. That's incredibly valuable information.

I liked this part of what you said in particular, "after being on sub maintence for a few months and feeling stable then relapsing on OXy and having some chaos it showed me how much better I am on Subs.. " The chaos returns SO frickin' quickly, doesn't it?? We forget all the negative crap associated with our addiciton so quickly, it's amazing how we trick ourselves so easily. This disease called addiction is a real MotherF*cker!!

Would you please update us on when you get back on Suboxone. Please get back on Suboxone as soon as you can.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, that's the thing about suboxone, it really prevents us from getting high without having to take tons and tons of shit. I'm glad you're getting things turned around quickly. And thanks for sharing with us.

How long did you take them for? If it was only two or three days, you only have to wait about 12 hours or more. I was only on full agonist opiates for a few days following a procedure last year and only waited 12 hours before going back on sub, per doctor's orders. No need for another full induction or waiting for w/d.

Good luck to you!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well i had to take oxy today because i had class all day and was afraid of instant withdrawals from subs.. but im gonna try waiting 12 hours only and taking my sub again tommorow morning and screw the oxy.. its been about 3 or 4 days of the oxy's

Honestly i felt so terrible on it... depressing... It was a huge mistake..

I cant wait just get back on subs and feel normal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi cire?is it. Thanks for sharing your experience...and I am so glad you came back so quickly! As rule mentioned it stops working for us,more and more pills,the finances etc.that's usually when something terrible happens,people wind up taking a lethal dose just to grab that high or we swith to a new drug ,or start adding things into the mix. Glad it was so short and you came back quickly!Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

been back on Subs a few days now and .. Boy do i feel a HUGE difference... WOW... i feel normal and stable and Good..

I felt terrible on oxy's yuck.. disgusting feeling... Ashamed i relapsed but glad im back on subs.. I also started taking my antiderpessant again lexapro so that should help :)

Thanks for the support guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad you're back on sub and feeling better. Don't get too wrapped up in feeling disgusted or ashamed with yourself regarding the relapse. Those feelings come from perseverating on the past and I'd suggest you only focus on today and maybe tomorrow, but not yesterday. Let it go and move forward from here. Hang in there!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hatmaker is right on, be kind to yourself.. and move forward the past is done :)