It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok. Quick note about myself.. I've been an on and off user for over 16 years. I have used sub for 5-10 day detoxes several! times now. Never had the precip and never waited longer than 17 hours as short as 14 hours.
Today I waited approx 13 hours after last heroin dose. I waited till I scored about a 16-18 on COWS and took approx 1mg of sub.
I had no adverse effects 30 min later but I wasn't feeling better either. Since I'm an addict... I shot 2/3 of a Gram about 30-40 min after taking the sub.
Question is... Since I have that 1mg of sub in me before I did the heroin,can I just take more sub when the heroin wears off? There should be no fear of precip since I already have 1mg of sub in me right?
Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm hoping you won't find much 'help' here. You're playing around, and the people who use this forum (I truly believe) are looking for something else.

I wouldn't consider your heroin use a 'relapse'-- because by ANYONE'S definition, you were not using after clean time, or even after a valid effort to GET clean.

You've been on dope for 16 years, and 'used' Suboxone for 5-10 day 'detoxes'... what a waste. I hope that anyone reading this, who has been using agonists for 16 years, has the sense to move on to a real life.

As for 'nobody'-- you might find help on bluelight. Although even there, people know a waste of a life when they see one. I hope you find some REAL help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:48 pm 

Yes, I'm going to put this question in a more appropriate section.

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:39 am 

Hi NHTN78, Welcome! I am not sure why you are here? Are you trying to quit heroin and start suboxone? If so, why did you use heroin after the sub induction, why not just take a little more sub to feel comfortable? What is your goal? If you are looking to stop the heroin and use suboxone to help you recover, you are in the right place. If you are just using suboxone to enhance your high, you are in the wrong place. If trying to get clean, please stick around, you will find all kinds of support here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 am 

Nobodyhasthisname imo u shouldn't even be messing around with suboxone until ur truly and completely done with using opiates. It's not going to do u a bit of good unless ur ready to give up everything else and do the induction process like ur supposed to. U shouldn't have any other drugs around, u should be in total surrender mode. U can't dabble around and expect positive results. Until ur ready for that, ur wasting ur time with short stints of sub on and off. I hope soon u can get to that place because honestly it's a wonderful place to be once ur on that road.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Right on as always Jennjenn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:39 pm 

pugmommy wrote:
Right on as always Jennjenn

I love the fact that Michelle and Jennjenn said the exact same thing in each of their different styles. We are so lucky to have you both as moderators! You both do so much good here!

And thank you pugmommy for cheering on our mods. Positive feedback is so appreciated since it's the only outside compensation mods receive. The internal compensation is that moderating keeps us focused on our own recoveries and we get the satisfaction of helping others.

You guys rock!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:23 pm 

Yeah that's exactly right Amy! It really is so nice to hear someone agree with ya. Pugmommy u def rock and I read where u cut ur sub Dr's hair.....I thought that was the coolest thing ever :) I don't know why but it just struck me as great.

And anytime u get a compliment from Amy it's a wonderful day!!