It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let us know how things go at the doctors.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Got back from dr appt. went pretty well. I am one of 5 or so patients who have jumped off so he has an interest in my case. He did have pity and gave me 10 temazapams for sleep, I must look pretty haggard to actually have gotten a small supply of benzos as he is obviously aware go my addictive nature. He said 10 pills shouldn't be a problem. He also wants me to try low dose naltrexone as there is a theory it may help paws a little. He said I am a test case, gotta love that. He didn't push the buprenorphine as I made it pretty clear how happy I was being 11 days off and he seemed pleased as well.

I am optimistic about today as a night of much needed sleep may be here. I'm gonna go hit a short hike with the wife to make sure I am wiped for sleep tonight. Thanks all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to hear your appointment went well. Your doctor sounds a bit like mine in that my doctor had only had 1 patient come off Suboxone, I was her 2nd.

I used Temazepam years ago for a week or so. It's a decent med. I hope it helps you out.

I've heard the same thing about Naltrexone from folks on this forum. When is he thinking of starting you on it?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have the naltrexone now, I was gonna get a night of sleep, and start it in the morning. I guess the theory on the naltrexone is it blocks the mu receptors, which may make mid withdrawal and paws a little less severe. The one draw back is it can block your natural endorphins a little, so I will try it out short term for now and see how it goes . If I'm successful in staying off subs for a while the doc wants me to go to group therapy and let other people know it's possible to get off this stuff. I def would be into paying forward a little when the time comes.

Back to the naltrexone, he made an analogy the my receptors are empty and kinda rubbed raw and the naltrexone may calm them a little. Hmmm, we shall see. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did he also tell you that Naltrexone can throw you into Precipitated Wd if you have any opiates left in your system? I would think 11 days out, you'd be fine, but I'm just not sure.

l i v i n, a member here, uses Naltrexone. Would you consider PM'ing him and getting his input on how long you should be off Sub's before starting Naltrexone? Or, you could search his posts and try to find more info that way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No he didn't mention it, but I was well aware it was capable of doing it. Naltrexone I mean. Tomorrow will be day 12 from the norcos and day 15 from a .25 mg dose of bup, so I'm pretty confidant there is no opiate left on the old receptors. He has me starting on a really low dose, 1/4 of a 50mg pill so I definitely can ease into it to be safe, I'm all about being safe, history shows that LOL. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you tried the Naltrexone yet? I'm curious if it brings you any relief.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Morning all, I have been doing lots of research on the naltrexone, and it is pretty consistent that they recommend 14 days from any prior opiate use before beginning low dose treatment. And, no big surprise one of the big side effects can be insomnia, especially if taken too soon. So right now I am hesitant to start therapy for a couple days until I am at least in that guideline as it is day 12 today.

As far as sleep last night, I was a little disappointed that I only got about 4 to 5 hours, even with using the tamazapam. I guess I was expecting to drop off and wake up 8 hours later all refreshed, didn't happen dang it.

All in all, I don't feel terrible today, still feel lacking in energy, and wishing I could get more sleep, but def feel I am through the acute stage as the sneezing , diarrhea ,muscle aches etc have subsided. Gonna get out and get some exercise to improve mood and increase chances of sleeping. P.s. In regards to the benzos , I am glad I only got 10 , as the reduction in anxiety def was a positive feeling even though I didn't get to sleep right away. I can see those being risky for long term use, and I'm glad that is not an option. Anyway day 12 and trudging on. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back from bike ride, didn't enjoy it, but feel better as usual after completed. At least I am now getting a few moments where I forget I don't feel great, was not happening too much last week. It is just hard getting used to that content feeling I always had while on subs regardless of what was going on. Not going back, but can't say I don't miss it especially in the evenings. I always slept so well on subs, but I know it will return with time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kittyspot70 wrote:
It is just hard getting used to that content feeling I always had while on subs regardless of what was going on. Not going back, but can't say I don't miss it especially in the evenings. I always slept so well on subs, but I know it will return with time.

Be mindful of your thoughts, young SkyWalker; they may betray you. :wink:

For real, it's normal to have thoughts like you're having, just don't let yourself fixate on them or romanticize them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No Romeo, I'm not romanticizing too much, It is just frustrating sometimes as it's getting close to two weeks off and I , not realistically so wish I was farther along. I guess the term "mileage may vary" seems to apply.

As I'm sure you know the logical area of the brain knows I will get better and am getting what I should expect, but the old addict area, sure can have a loud roar sometimes. I do truly appreciate the concern and support though. I can and will push through, I wouldn't want to waste and certainly not repeat this wonderful almost two weeks LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well I have officially disrupted my standing as a member of a gym who faithfully pays his dues for years and never goes. I just got back, and cardio wise I'm pretty good from mt bike training. Strength wise I was soooo WEAK it was pitiful. It seems people ie. j. Ikon, trainer, butterflying, Romeo etc who are successful in getting off subs seem to be doing weights and cardio training . At least it something to do for an hour or so and def feel better now that it is done until tomorrow. I'm sure I will be getting sore over next few days LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I spent about 5 weeks in some sort of muscle soreness when I started lifting but it was good to know it was due to getting healthy! Protein shake after the gym helped alot with the soreness too. I still get sore but it only lasts a day for that muscle group I worked versus 4 or 5 days!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 13, wow almost two weeks. I didn't use any tamazapam last night and actually feel asleep pretty quick around 11 pm, unfortunately woke up around 130 am and didn't want to take anything to get back to sleep. Tossed and turned for rest of night and prob got another 2 hrs. This is getting old, but I'm sure I will some day be able to look back on my posts and be glad I roughed it through.

Definitely tired and having motivation problems as of writing this, just took my l tyrosine and b complex which usually gives me a little boost to get the training going. In retrospect, all the acute crud seems to be gone, not to much rls, no real stomach issues, an occasional sneeze, could be allergies. I guess compared to days 1-4 or so where I couldn't even sit still for 5 minutes it's a pretty big improvement. All in all though, still very glad I came off of subs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi KS, congrats on reaching day 13. You should find yourself getting steadily better, and time will fly by fast.

I was waking up after 2 or 3 hours of sleep each night for my first few jump weeks, and I found that if I meditated for an hour, I could usually fall back asleep for awhile. Took me awhile to figure this out though.

Good luck.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I got out and finally did a hard hill climb mt bike ride. I felt better than I thought I would due to little sleep. I wear a heart rate monitor while training and held my heart rate between 155 and 165 for about 45 minutes while climbing a gravel road. And WOW , I actually got a brief runners high, although only about 5 to 10 minutes after getting done, it was like the return of an old friend. Unfortunately it did go away, leaving a little bit of anxiety, but was surprised to get that little blip of feeling. Hopefully not a fluke. Still gotta get to the gym though, and a little sore from yesterday but hitting different groups today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Did make it to the gym, no surprise but the body parts I worked today were pitifully weak just like the ones I worked yesterday. After tomorrow. I will have hit all the body parts for the first time in probably 6 months and will I'm sure be sore. It's 7 pm west coast and as usual, I hate the early evening. It never fails the the anxiety starts after 6 pm and of course freaked about another night of no sleep. I'm gonna try and stay up till I'm tired and hopefully crash. Day 14 tomorrow, once I get through tonight woohoo!! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on 2 weeks Kitty! :D Great job!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ah, another fine way earlier than I wanted to be up morning, it's 6 am west coast. It's day 14, 2weeks, or also known as a mile stone it didn't think I would get to 14 days ago. Only got about 4 hours of semi broken sleep, but actually don't feel to bad right now. I had the funkiest dreams last night of using days, tripped me out a little. After thinking about it this morning I am so glad I am not in that place anymore, this was before the suboxone days when i was in a low place. I'm a little achy this morning, which actually didn't help sleep much,but could be from doing legs at gym though.

Anyway, it's cloudy today, but will still get out and get things done. I still haven't tried the naltrexone yet, being a wimp, hard to believe 8 years ago I would take any pill that could make me feel better and now scared of a little quarter of a pill. LOL :) I will try and work up some resolve over the next few days to try it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know that early evening anxiety all too well, man. For weeks, during those witching hours of 7pm to 8pm or so, I'd get so antsy that I took to hopping in my car and just driving for an hour or so. I'd BLAST AC/DC Hells Bells and just drive and drive.

I think you're in the clear to try Naltrexone, especially if you start with a low dose. 1/4 of a 50mg pill (12.5mg) isn't going to be enough to screw you up if there are opiates in you. It's up to you, Bud.

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next