It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I definitely got a little more sleep last night, went to bed about 1130pm and woke around 330 am. Was able to toss and turn with a couple short wierd dreams till now which is 530 am. I'd say prob got 4 1/2 hrs. Doesn't sound great but, HELL YEAH, 4 1/2 is better than 2 to none. LOL. I prob better get used to this for awhile as it seems the norm. Oh yeah, it's day 9 , didn't think I would make it a few times, woo hoo. :o

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm getting ready to head out for a MTB ride and I'm starting to get worried about overtraining. Romeo you mentioned that the body repairs during sleep, did you have any over training issues when you first started getting back into lifting etc? Due to no or little sleep I am never feeling recouped, but want to continue with the exercise ect. Any thought on this. Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kitty- Congrats on 9 days!! Great job!! Not sure if this might be helpful, but I continued exercising as much as possible before, during and after my jump. I would just listen to your body and do what you can. I think it was at least a couple of weeks until I could exercise at my "top" capacity, and still having some energy issues, but it is getting better and better. Hang in there!
:D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Kitty,

I didn't start lifting until I was off Suboxone for 18 months, so I'm not positive as to what's happening with you. I'd say it's a combination of being less than 2 weeks off Suboxone, lack of sleep and possibly pushing yourself a bit too hard physically.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Definitely a game of ups and downs, I felt ok earlier, but tonight legs are aching and anxiety is picking up. Definitely feels like an Advil and clonidine night, hopefully a little sleep as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kitty, I was training too during my taper and after my jump, alternate days swimming and gym/weight room training.

It was hard to get motivated some taper/early jump days, but I always felt better for doing it. It's worth it if you can afford a trainer to set up a program for you (I mean a fitness trainer, not our Trainer, though our Trainer is turning into a pretty good gym trainer, it looks like).

Good luck.

-- ji

Kittyspot70 wrote:
I'm getting ready to head out for a MTB ride and I'm starting to get worried about overtraining. Romeo you mentioned that the body repairs during sleep, did you have any over training issues when you first started getting back into lifting etc? Due to no or little sleep I am never feeling recouped, but want to continue with the exercise ect. Any thought on this. Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How'd things go in the sleep department? Did you sleep hard and wake up drooling on yourself or was it a tossing and turning night?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks everyone for the support, unfortunately as I'm sure everyone knows, the roller coaster hit a low yesterday. I could not get to sleep last night despite trying all the tricks. Plus have a headache that won't go away. I was using a lot of caffeine for last two weeks to get out bike riding and such and decided yesterday to start cutting down so that might be the problem. ITS DAY 10, and I have told myself that I shouldn't expect much before the two week mark. I mean really being on a strong opiate like bup for over 5 years should I really expect my brain to feel good yet after 10 days. Anyway enough ranting and better get out for an easy bike ride, as the hill climbs are not looking to promising today. P.S. I do have a follow up apt with sub doc tomorrow and I know he will recommend going on lowest butrans 5mcg an hour buprenorphine patch, but I know I can resist as I haven't gone through all this crap to step back. It's really my exit interview as I am one of 5 of his patients who have tapered off and the real reason I want to go is hear how the other four are doing, minus names of course hippa laws. Anyhow , once again thanks everyone and hopefully as I keep posting on this thread it can also start inspiring others to get off this med, I do believe it can be done.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh, and Romeo, you don't know how good it sounds to wake up in pool of drool, sounds like, let me think, oh heaven. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just got back from easy 40 min flat MTB ride. Feel a little better now. Would love to take a nap, lying on couch now, but don't think my mind will let me sleep. Headache def subsided, but used a little caffeine. That will prob be the last coffee I drink today though as starting to cut down. Thanks all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I got off Suboxone, I went back to my doctor for a follow up visit and she recommended I go back on Suboxone. I almost put her through a wall for suggesting it!! lol

Yeah, caffeine is a no-no during wd. It spikes anxiety and messes with your sleep. If you're going to have any, have it early in the day with absolutely none after noon.

Keep hanging there, Mr. Warrior!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah, I can kinda see the conversation going something like this at dr's office. Dr." So how is it going being off subs?" Me " we'll not great haven't slept for shit for almost two weeks, this is some nasty shit to get off of. You have any non narcotic options for sleep ie trazadone etc.?" Doc" yeah we could try that, but what I really think would be best is to try and taper you that last amount on the lowest butrans patch" me" oh so you think an opiate would be just the thing to make me feel better,well no shit I known that for the last 10 years, I don't think I want that as I would have to due these crappy weeks over again" ok no more ranting, at least it took my mind off feeling crummy for a few minutes. Till next update , thanks all :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wtf?, today is just sucking, I feel like its day 3 or something. No energy, headache, and feel super blah. Is this the body's one last attempt to break me for more drugs? Hopefully sleep tonight and better tomorrow. :|

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Really hope things start getting better for you, it seems like sub wd is like a rollercoaster and some days things wil seem better and then next thing you know, back down again...

Hope you can hang in there... I'm rootin for ya...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 am 

I certainly hope that sleep hits you hard tonight! I have heard of people having some success with melatonin, although I know that detoxing may be too overwhelming for melatonin to work. Wishing you sweet dreams!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kittyspot70 wrote:
Wtf?, today is just sucking, I feel like its day 3 or something. No energy, headache, and feel super blah. Is this the body's one last attempt to break me for more drugs? Hopefully sleep tonight and better tomorrow. :|

Not trying to scare you, but I am currently at 6 weeks off subs and still don't sleep for more then 3-4 hrs at a time. Some people are sleeping like babies by 10 days. Everyone is different. Most of what you are feeling after a certain point is from sleep deprivation in my opinion. The way I looked at it was I didn't wanna have to ever go through sub withdrawals again, so why back out now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I can't even sleep ON subs, so I don't even want to know how bad it's gunna be when I get off sub. I'm down to 1-2 mg a day but not trying to go down any further for now. I just started taking ambien for sleep because my sleep schedule was getting so screwed up, most nights I couldn't fall asleep til between 5-8 am, sometimes even later, sometimes not at all. When I did sleep I was sleeping through the day which was pissing me off to say the least, as I am searching for employment. I know how much a lack of sleep can effect you. Have you tried any of the herbal options like melatonin, valerian root, etc? None of it worked for me but it can't hurt to give it a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are things going today, Kitty?

After reading your last post, I was reminded of how some of my worst moments in wd were followed by some of my best. Keep hanging in there, things DO get better, it just takes time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kitty, if you can hit up a walmart or cvs, look for the melatonin chews WITH passion flower extract in it. The plain ole melatonin doesn't work as well. Only chew 1 though, even though the bottle suggests 2. To much melatonin disrupts your sleep and you will wake up 3 hours later wide awake. Those chew things make you ready for sleep 20 minutes after eating it. Worth a try at this point! Passion flower extract works really good at knocking you out!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Morning all, I'm not posting at 4 am so that is a good sign. I took my clonidine, my unisom and melatonin and did fitfully sleep last night for 5 to 6 hours. I took 2 clonidine instead of my usual one and it definitely has some residual effects this morning, ie feel very heavy and dizzy at times.

I just read everyone's posts and thank you very much for the support and encouragement. Day 11 today, I definitely feel a little better even after crappy but much needed sleep. This is good as I have my follow up sub dr appt this afternoon and I know he will offer suboxone as an option to start feeling better. I WILL NOT BE WEAK AT APPT AND CHOOSE THAT OPTION HOWEVER AS THESE LAST 11 DAYS OF FEELING LIKE ASS WOULD BE A WASTE. Ok no more ranting , till next update . :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next