It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Didn't feel as bad on my ride as I thought I would, was able to start climbing a few easy hills. Hopefully this extra output will reward me tonight and I can Konk out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hang tough! I felt like you do about the 6th or 7th day mark. Its like c'mon man, how long is this shit gonna go on for! I can tell you by next week at this time you will start to feel remarkably better. Today is day 70 for me and I can tell you honestly I feel 100%. I sleep like the dead, wake up raring to go and have no issues with feeling depressed or down. Exercise is the key too. Work your ass off in the gym if you can!!!!! Speeds the whole process up!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Trainer, you post is one of the ones I have been using for motivation. :) it's just such a hit and miss game at this point. Definitely not in acute anymore, but not all there.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man, what is up with early evening and nighttime? I feel ok till around 6pm or so then the anxiety RLS ect. Starts. Hopefully with climbing hills on the mountain bike today I can crash tonight. 6 to 7 hours sleep over 5 days is frayin the nerves. 1 week tomorrow. Woohoo :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh yeah, I remember those nights well. I wouldn't have RLS all day, but the minute I climbed into bed for the night it started. I would have to jump in a hotbath to get relief. Good news Iis it doesn't last to long. By end of 2 weeks that shit stopped thank god!

I found a hot bath and as weird as this sounds, I would tie a tank top around my head like a blind fold, somewhat tight, to keep my eyes shut, and I could fall asleep. If I just layed there without the shirt, I couldn't keep my eyes closed and got restless as hell. Strange but we do weird shit in wds! Lmao hell, it worked great for me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also, and I am not sure how aware most folks are of this until we actually focus on it, but concentrate on relaxing your facial muscles when you get in bed. Without realizing how much we tighten our facial muscles while we are stressed, we tend to tense them in bed when we are having trouble falling asleep. I still find I do that from time to time but the minute I relax my muscles starting from head to toe, I drift off pretty quick. I sleep like the damn dead now and have occasionally slept right through 2 german shepherds throwing a fit at a noise outside. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a shepherd security system! Lmao

anyways, hang in there! Sleep comes back!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Argh, it's 530 am, I gotta couple hrs sleep, but nothing to cheer about. Lots of strange dreams and would wake up every 45 min or so. Don't feel as bad as yesterday though. It's day número 7, it seems like a long time ago when I started this and would have been easier to have just slept through. Oh well, hopefully through the worst of it and into second week. Thanks for all the help everybody and better get up and move and exercise. Hope everyone has a good day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Motivation is just not happening, it's now 9am and def having a hard time getting out of house to do something. I don't feel horrible just super tired.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, I know that tired feeling of wd... even though I'm on sub now, I have definitely kicked before, countless times... and made it over a month before too!

You're on the right track though. All the physical activity is the best thing you can be doing. I have read (I don't remember where...) that exercising while in wd/paws will help to get the endorphins pumping faster - speed up the recovery of our endogenous opiate system. I've also found that sometimes, if I exercise enough, I can actually get some sleep... Doesn't seem like it's working that way for you, hopefully it will soon. The more tired my muscles are, the less RLS shit I deal with too.

Hang in there, you're almost through the worst of it - and I think it's impressive that you didn't let your relapse keep going. A lot of people would have kept on going with the Norcos. Once you fall off the wagon, it's hard to climb back on, while dealing with the shame and regret you're feeling. But you did it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks FullyC, I think the only I thing saving me is lots of caffeine though I don't use after 2 pm. I did manage to do a 45 min hill climb on the mt bike and feel a little more relaxed. I think I'm going to have to change my philosophy of expecting to feel better day by day and start looking at week by week now. Kinda depressing :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What is up, it seems like it's back to day 3 or something it's 11 pm and anxiety is high and I know I will not be able to sleep. Aargh this sucks :|

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Crap, it's 530 am and only got about 2 hrs sleep. Wife is sleeping and is excited and wants to go on long grueling hike today in 95 degree weather. It sounded good yesterday, that was before no sleep. I'm going to be dragging big time. I just don't get how you can get a total of maybe 10 hrs sleep in a week and not be able to sleep. Oh, well I'm at day 8 hopefully this will end. :?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Made it through hike with the wife, I would be lying if I said it was fun. Feel more relaxed now that I'm done though. It seems like I need to do something later in day as the creepy crawl sensations hit around 6 to 7 pm.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You're doing great... that saying "fake it til you make it" has helped me a lot when kicking... I just keep going through my daily routine, eat well, exercise, talk to someone, all that... and one day I realize I'm actually enjoying life again!! You'll get there too ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It does end, trust me! One morning your gonna wakeup and say "no shit! I think its over, I can feel it, I feel better" and its all uphill from there!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks FullyC and Trainer, I know it can be done and I have read your prev posts. Time just moves soo slooow when u don't feel great. I really miss the reset of a good nights sleep. Il stop bitching now, as it is better than last Sunday. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nah, don't stop bitching, its cathartic to get it all out. II've been there and definately can relate to that sense of "what the fuck! Enough already!". :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Kitty,

Suboxone wd is pretty notorious for the roller-coaster effect. One day your up, then next day your down. You may have 4 up days, then 1 down day. It sucks, but that's how it is for many. As time marches on by, the low days get fewer and fewer.

As fullycaffienated said, the saying "fake it until you make it" helps a lot, too. I know it helped me a LOT during my wd. You're a warrior, Bud. An absolute warrior.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Trainer and Romeo, I def appreciate the positive energy. Night time definitely seems to be a problem with many people including myself. In my case it's not going to sleep anxiety. From what I have read a lot of the anxiousness is coming from an excess of norepinephrine in the old noodle that clonidine helps with. It is just such a shotgun approach with other negative side effects from the med. thanks all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Actually correction on the last post, I meant noradrenaline not epinephrine . Either way my noodle seems to be broken , hopefully not permanent . LOL :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next