It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I got some unison that has what u recommended and not the dyphenhydramine and will check it out tonight. Thanks Romeo for the tip.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How did the night go, Bud? Get any sleep?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Unfortunately no sleep last night again, my nerves are getting pretty frayed. From what I have read looks like a week or so before that may get better. At least on day 4 now, but really tired. Thanks all.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ah, 5 pm on day 4. Not a great day, def not worse than yesterday, but not much better. Did go for bike ride to get out of house for a while. Main issues are no sleep first and foremost, and lack of energy prob second. A few tummy issues but Imodium seems to have taken care of that. Biggest problem is getting into that anxiety cycle of thinking I won't sleep which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Ugh. T least day 5 tomorrow, will be a week before long. Thanks all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sure hoping you get some sleep tonight, Bud. I know what no sleep is like and it's a bear. I wish there was more I could do to help you cuz I feel for ya, man.

Sending positive thoughts your way. (feels weird talking to another guy like this) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kittyspot70 wrote:
Ah, 5 pm on day 4. Not a great day, def not worse than yesterday, but not much better. Did go for bike ride to get out of house for a while. Main issues are no sleep first and foremost, and lack of energy prob second. A few tummy issues but Imodium seems to have taken care of that. Biggest problem is getting into that anxiety cycle of thinking I won't sleep which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Ugh. T least day 5 tomorrow, will be a week before long. Thanks all.

Go kittyspot, go!!

Heh, just felt like say that. :)

Even tho it wasn't about unicorns, and heavy metal concerts on fluffy pink clouds, reading your post that I quoted and am replying too, made me smile inside, for some reason.

I like what you said about how an anxiety cycle can be a self fulfilling prophecy in regards to sleep. I was recently thinking about how all of my dread pertaining to my up and coming jump, could be all be for naught, and at worst, a self fulfilling prophecy.

I know I haven't chimed in yet on your thread, but I have to give you credit for not giving up on giving up, after that helluva Norco run. That was really unfortunate for you, to have had what I assume was very easy access to them, when you were going through what was probably some of roughest time of your sub withdrawal. It doesn't sound like it left you feeling good about the experience though, otherwise I'd be more concerned about it happening again. Which it could, one never knows, all we have is the moment, whether it be clean or using. But I think its at least worth another try for you, before reconsidering maintenance therapy, after having put so much effort into tapering.

Yeah, anxiety is a rough one for me too at times. Learning Jedi mind tricks for dealing with anxiety helps. Romeo knows a lot of them, and about other things too, so keep an eye on what he has to say. Also, maybe pick up some theanine at the health food store, it might help some. Its an amino acid with calming effects. It has to be taken on an empty stomach. It will say so on the directions, and its because amino acid supplements are useless when one has food in their gut, so pay attention to that one. As far other directions go, I suppose one can take a lot of it at one time (in other words, exceeding the recommended dosage if needed, to combat a bad bout of anxiety), I don't think there's ever been a report of an overdose on theanine, and doubt its even possible. Only thing possible is there might be a ceiling effect with it, where there is diminishing returns of beneficial effects, at higher doses (as well as higher costs to use it, heh), but I don't know that there is, just talking out my ass on that one, heh. Here's the wiki link about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine

I'll be jumping myself, soon. Again, like you. I didn't relapse per se, but took a lot prescribed oxy for an injury, then switched to sub while still recovering from the injury. Not that I think I am holier than thou for having used pain killers for a different reason. Anxiety, depression, and every other form of emotional pain is real pain too. Much of it seems worse than physical pain, personally. Sometimes an event comes along that gets through to my emotional pain sensors, no matter the amount of callouses I've built-up to protect the soft spots over time. As addicts, whether we use for a recreational escape, or to deal with emotional pain, etc., it really just doesn't work anymore, by the time we realize we are addicts. So many factors cause it to turn on us. So we have to figure out other ways to deal with the pain, or cope with boredom, and so on. Not that I'm saying anything I'm sure you haven't heard a gazillion times already, so I'll stop rambling, heh

Now that you are well past hump day (in a similar way, that would be like Wednesday, the 3rd day of a 5-day work week, if we were talking about one of its other meanings, and not the day we pretend we're a perverted poodle with an eraser pink, pointy hard-on, and hump somebody's leg), I think lucky day 7 will be here before you know it.

-----------
Edit: Numberous bad grammars, spelhings, and udder shite.
Edit redux: My parents were very strict with the potty training. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_expulsiveness ...Plus, it's past my bedtime

Last edited by no_boop_shoo_be_doop on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
I'm sure hoping you get some sleep tonight, Bud. I know what no sleep is like and it's a bear. I wish there was more I could do to help you cuz I feel for ya, man.

Sending positive thoughts your way. (feels weird talking to another guy like this) :lol:

I know what you mean. Gotta love Sgt. Hartman's rock solid logic, and how well he employs the process of elimination while troubleshooting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKFuc8CdvoA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Romeo and no boop, even though my eyes sting and wife says I have dark bags under my eyes, and prob will think my way out of sleep tonight. I def did laugh about the full metal jacket clip and the Freud reference so thank you. Now gotta go try to get some well needed shut eye, even an hour would be great. Thanks all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeeeeeees, I got about 4 to 5 hours sleep, feel a little groggy from unison, clonadine, but I will take it. Actually look forward to doing something today as it's 7 am and sun is out. I think it would be much harder to do this in the winter. Day 5 yeah :mrgreen: :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY, sleep!!! Ah, sweet, sweet sleep!!!

Glad you got a few hours in, now get your butt in gear and go bike for 30 or 40 miles!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No boop, I def still regret the norco run, and strangely may have helped as I really have no interest in using them especially as today I feel May be the turning point in jumping. I know the term hump day well from old college days where Wednesday was hump night and was an excuse to drink to get to Friday night. Ah all of the great things I learned in higher education, NOT. LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just got back from 40 minute bike ride and was able to push myself more. I think what I am in for now it feels is that I def don't feel bad, but just doesn't feel good. Just feel kinda blah. Def an improvement from feeling crappy though. Some background, I used to race mountain bikes at the amateur level, and one of the reasons for getting off subs was that while on if for years, I would never get that runners high I used to get before opiates. Anyone know if and if how long it may take to start getting that runner euphoria back. P.s. I don't expect to feel if for some time but it would be nice to know there is an end at the tunnel. Thanks all. Still day 5 but better than day 4 :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For some reason I am getting nasty headache tonight, I prob should check BP as I am taking way less clonadine as it was starting to make me feel worse. It's 5 pm and overall day not so bad. On to day 6 tomorrow which will come much sooner if sleep doesn't evade me. Thanks all 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, a check of that BP is a good idea.

As for the runners high, Dr. J. has stated that it takes between 8 to 12 weeks for the opiate receptors to heal or regenerate or whatever they do. I would guess somewhere in and around there you'll feel it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Romeo for the info, I actually thought if would be much longer. You know where I could locate that article if not too much trouble. Thanks. :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It wasn't really an article, it was just a few posts of his where he mentioned the healing time for opiate receptors. I just used the search function for a quick search to see if I could find his posts, but came up with zip.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Romeo for looking. If anyone is interested I did find a great article on line about receptor issues, it is a more technical read but is very informative. Here it is if anyone is interested. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2851054/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

A agh, it's 345am and another night no sleep.feels like a step back. It's amazing how u can feel so tired but not fall asleep. I guess it's technically day 6 now. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Def feeling more lethargic today, as a pretty rough night of fitful tossing and turning. Just had a cup of coffee to get energy to get out of house and do something. Hopefully things turn up. Oh yeah, day 6 now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

In all honesty, this is starting to suck ass, it's day 6, u would think I would be owed something. All right il stop bitching and go ride my bike and have faith it gets better. Thanks all :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next