It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I believe it's day 52 off suboxone. Haven't posted in a few days, but am feeling pretty good. The two biggest issues I had in early W/D, insomnia and lack of energy are basically gone. I get 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night and never miss going to the gym and cardio training by running or cycling. The only issue I still have is a little lack of motivation occasionally in the morning, but it goes away once I get going.

I haven't had any cravings since the W/D's have gone away, but realize they do have a way of sneaking up on you. So far , knock on wood, I do not feel I am having any PAWS issues, I count myself lucky if that continues to hold out.

So anyone contemplating quitting suboxone, it can be done , I quit at about .25mg, and had been on suboxone at about 16 mg for over 5 years. If you can just power through the first 14 days, and exercise as much as possible , it is not as bad as I thought, at least in my case. Good luck anyone trying to taper and/or quit and have a good week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there! Happy to hear you are one "Kitty" without any "Paws" :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks BF, a little light humor is never bad. Yep, so far so good, not to get ahead of myself but pleasantly surprised no PAWS issues so far. Still getting a little runners high, but unfortunately not quite what I remember from years past. Hopefully at the 6 month mark or so that will have improved. If I'm lucky maybe the three month mark, I have to remember I'm only 50 some days off, so I should probably be happy with what I got. Hope things are well with yourself. :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 61 of being off Suboxone, made it past the two month mark. I am definitely still feeling good, and do not seem to be suffering from any PAWS issues. I believe the main reason for the absence of issues is the daily excercise routine I have stuck to, gym and weight lifting every day, and at least 30 minutes of cardio every day. I have also for the most part cleaned up my diet, and don't really eat junk food and keep the sugar to a minimum. For those who have not read the last few months of my posts, I was on over 8 mg daily of suboxone for over 5 years, usually on 16 mg for most of that duration. I tapered to .25 over about 7 months from 8 mg. My DR was really supportive of my taper and jump and used the Butrans buprenorphine patch for the sub 1mg drops in the end. It is controversial if he was supposed to use the patch for that purpose due to DEA regulations, but changed the script to needed for chronic pain not dependence for the last part of the taper. In my case the patch really helped as you only apply every 7 days and you get out of the habit of dosing every day.

Anyway, to sum up the first couple of weeks after the jump was CRAPPY . Lots of anxiety and very little sleep. It was manageable for me due to getting outside every day and at least walking for an hour or so. I did not want to do these things, but wife was supportive in dragging me out. Over the next two weeks, sleep slowly returned, but was left with incredible fatigue. It took another couple of weeks for energy to slowly return, but got out still every day and went bicycling or jogging. This helped with my energy levels the most.

Fast forward another month, and I really do not think of withdrawal at all. The only lingering effect is occasionally I have a little trouble getting motivated to do things, but can get going after a couple of minutes, and large coffee sometimes. Mentally feel clearer and memory has improved. All and all feel really good and do not miss being tied to a medication.

I am thankful for suboxone however, and would most likely be dead or in jail without it. I just in my individual case was ready to be off it, and do not push people to come off it unless they are ready and want to. Till my next update good luck all, and if you do want to get off subs, don't believe all the horror stories, it can be done.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kittyspot,
Great post and "TGIF", right? :D
Glad to hear you are still feeling well and no PAWS. How about the runners' high? Are you there yet?
I think I am getting closer...feeling stronger and better with each work out, but still can't seem to reach that sustained "rush" no matter how hard I push. I have noticed though that I do feel more of a sense of well-being afterwards, and my energy is not crashing so much in the late afternoons like it was a few weeks ago.

In your post you said the first week was CRAPPY (lol) and I have to agree, but want to remind others who may be reading this and contemplating a jump that "crappy" is all relative. I was super fearful of wdls because I (like many on this forum) have nightmare memories of wdls from other opiates (for me oxy, codine, methadone, hydrocodone).

Compared with my experiences off those drugs where I remember really suffering, the wdl off suboxone was extremely mild. "Fun"- no way- uncomfortable, yes, but not nearly as bad as the other wdls. The length of the process was/ is a challenge, but I was not "bedridden" or really what I would call "suffering" terribly during any part. Insomnia and energy issues suck, but they are only temporary.

At about 3.5 months I think I feel pretty "normal" and rarely even think about drugs lately (please God do not let this statement come back to bite me! :)

Thanks again for the update Kitty!
Peace,
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks BF for the reply, I guess crappy is a subjective term, I did not feel great, but I also was not bed ridden or anything like that. If I had been coming off a full agonist,ie oxy or something I would never have been able to get out and excercise or the likes. It's day 73 or so, andi never really think about subs anymore. I do get cravings for something to leave reality for a short time, but I just go to the gym or run or something and that so far that seems to take away any craving, I guess I found a new coping mechanism. Hope all is well and u are getting a little runners high occasionally. Sorry about the delayed response, but not hitting the site as much as I used to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello all, I figured I would check back in and give a three month or so update. It's been about 95 to 100 days since my last dose of suboxone, I have stopped counting. Looking back at my old posts, my last day was Aug 3rd. To sum up I still feel really good, yes I do feel less than perfect some times, but that would happen while on subs as well. In my case I feel getting out , especially in the first few weeks for daily excercise was the number one thing in my case that led to a successful jump. I still get out everyday for some kind of excercise and I believe that helps my mental game emmensly. Also setting reasonable short and long term fitness goals ie a half marathon and mt bike races has kept me focused and cravings to a minimum. Anyway, once again anyone wishing to get off suboxone, it can be done and I really only felt crummy for about 2 weeks and it was down hill from there. I will continue to pop in . Thanks all for the support and motivation during the early jump days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:45 pm 

Great Job, Kittyspot!! It's awesome to hear from you and I'm glad you're doing so well!

If there is one thing I've heard over and over again it's that exercising makes a world of difference in "getting your groove back". Thanks for another testimonial about it. :) It's got to be one of the hardest decisions to make during detox, to get yourself up and exercising!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Howdy all, just thought I would pop in. It's been over four months now since jumping off suboxone now. Still feeling good and things are going well. Hope things are going well for everyone at the forum. Il keep popin in now and then , hope everyone is doing well in their choice of sobriety either on subs or not. Talk to u soon. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Awesome to hear kittyspot! Glad to hear from you again, and I know reading that you're doing well at 4 months off sub, will help and give hope to others in the process of tapering or who've already jumped and waiting to feel better. Thanks for checking in!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Howdy all, I have not checked in for a while. All is still well and feel great. Hope everyone is doing well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:30 pm 

Hey Kitty,
Thanks for poppin in and glad for your success! ! 6 months i think, that is great.keep up the good work...

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Howdy all, thought I would pop in and say things are still going well. I'm at about 11 or so months off suboxone and still going strong. I really don't have any residual effects from being on high dose 16 mg of subs for over 5 years and getting off. So hopefully this helps anyone who has recently gotten off subs and isn't feeling great yet. Aug 3rd will be my one year anniversary. Good luck to everyone who is still struggling . It may not be easy, but it can be done. Thanks to all on this forum who helped along the way. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10