It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Happy Labor Day all, I believe it's day 30. Yahoo. :D There were many tough times in the past month, and day 1 seems like a really long time ago, especially during the first 3 to 4 days when getting no sleep, feeling horrible etc.

I slept about 7 hours last night and had a pretty good day yesterday. Definitely had periods of low energy, but also several hours of not feeling too bad. All in all, the good definitely outweighs the bad now. It is so nice not having to take any medications now, except androgel, and I'm tapering off that over the next couple of months.

Anyhoo, gonna get out and enjoy the day. Once again thanks for all of the support and feedback from this forum and have a good Labor Day. Till next update.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ah day 31, moving past the one month point and I guess my next goal is three months. One good thing about all this is I have not lessened my desire to eat healthy , get to the gym and continue running and cycling workouts. I am looking forward to the accomplishments yet to come at the three month point and am now getting pretty sure I will feel much better as time goes by.

I am setting goals now for some 10k runs and MT bike races in the early spring and am looking forward to training through the fall and winter to prepare. I still get some blah moments, but they are usually short lived and I am definitely feeling better. So I guess my 2 cents worth would be if people want to get off subs, it is not a horror story in my case. I would recommend getting under 1 mg a day, and push through the rough parts knowing it is possible to start feeling decent after 30 days. Till next update, hope all had a good holiday weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Another pretty good day, had more energy today, and got 7 or so hours of sleep last night. Got to the gym, and starting to see some improvements. Starting running today for the first time instead of cycling and that was pathetic and painful. Running 3 miles almost killed me, it definitely works different muscles than cycling. Cardio wise it wasn't tough, but I am sore from not doing that in years. Hope all have a good night.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ks! Sounds like you are improving in leaps and bounds! I truly believe exercise is the biggest thing to help with the whole process. I am so glad I started at the gym the minute I got over the acute wds in the 3rd week of my jump. I feel great 3 months out!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kittyspot70 wrote:
Another pretty good day, had more energy today, and got 7 or so hours of sleep last night. Got to the gym, and starting to see some improvements. Starting running today for the first time instead of cycling and that was pathetic and painful. Running 3 miles almost killed me, it definitely works different muscles than cycling. Cardio wise it wasn't tough, but I am sore from not doing that in years. Hope all have a good night.

Congrats on the transition to running! I think that is great progress! Sorry it was so painful...no pain no gain though, right? :wink: Let me know when you get your runners' high back, k? Still chasing mine....

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks BF and Trainer, I am starting to really feel better, it is still hard to get out and do things sometimes, but I really notice the difference in the last week or so when I am actually at the gym or running cycling etc. The first few weeks, I was still pretty miserable and had no energy even when I was at the gym or doing cardio training. This last week I have started getting that desire to push it more and am seeing improvements. BF, As far as the runners high, I have just started to get a little of that relaxing glow in the last couple of days, but I do have to push it pretty hard cardio wise and for over an hour. It still is nothing compared to what I used to feel prior to opiates, but the last couple of days are making me a little more optimistic that it may return, but I am really going to have to earn it. BF, I hope you start to get some little twinkles of that euphoria in the near future. Hope all have a good night, until next update.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 35 I believe, had another pretty good day, definitely getting my energy back. Got to the gym and had a good 45 hard cardio workout. Gonna hit the jogging again tomorrow, as the soreness from the last run is finally gone. It is amazing how running uses different muscles, or the fact that I have no grace while running. Had a little trouble sleeping last night , but for the first time since jumping, I was able to get an hour nap in this afternoon.

All in all feeling pretty good and have good goals set up to keep me going. Who said the over 40 year olds can't still kick butt? :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi KS, glad to hear you're doing well.

Fitness training is huge in early recovery, can't imagine how much harder my detox would be (would have been?) without it.

Have a great day.

-- ji

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks JI, yeah I have to agree, I also cannot imagine how different I might feel today, if I had not forced myself to get out on hikes, bike rides, jogging and the gym. At this point, day 38 I believe , with the exception of a little lack of motivation, which is usually easily overcome, I feel pretty normal.

But I guess as some people have mentioned before and in my case what is normal, I had become so used to being numbed on subs for over 5 years, I completely forgot what normal is. I definitely don't feel bad, but do have to deal with life without any chemical reinforcement. It gets easier the more problems and bad days you get through with no help but yourself. I do see light at the end of the tunnel now and give a hearty thumbs up to people who want to and are ready to jump of subs as I was at a point and am glad I did. Good luck all and have a great day.

PS To BF, I am starting to get a little bit of the old runners high back, and can imagine it only will get better. I really don't think we did permanent damage LOL. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh, and running still sucks and am getting sore still, but is slowly getting better. I still have no running grace and embarrass myself on the trails, oh well. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kittyspot70 wrote:

All in all feeling pretty good and have good goals set up to keep me going. Who said the over 40 year olds can't still kick butt? :D

^^^^ Certainly not me! :D
Glad to hear the running is feeling better and especially that you don't think we did permanent damage!!....my habit was a few years longer than yours though, so "we shall see..."
And I wouldn't worry about how you look running at this point- it is a great accomplishment that you are newly sub free and running at all! Good for you!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks BF, had another good day today, felt good at the gym, wimped out and went for hour and a half bike ride instead of running, legs or more specifically knees still a little sore from last run. I will hit the jogging again tomorrow as I'm a little burned out on cycling and running sounds like a good change for the day.

Cutting my dose of androgel testosterone gel in half tomorrow to lowest dose. Went online and of course many horror stories about testosterone therapy withdrawal. Man, I just got through with withdrawal, and another one maybe coming. Hopefully just exaggerated web stories and can't be as bad as quitting subs. Hopefully now that off opiates my normal T levels will return to normal after a few months. If anyone has any experience, would love to hear. Thanks and have a good day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am not thinking about sub withdrawal anymore, as I am starting to skip days as far as posting. Got another hour and a half bike ride in for preparation for spring mountain bike racing season. I also have really tightened up the diet and am eating super clean including grilled chicken, brown rice and steamed broccoli and calliflower. That alone has really been helping me feel better and helps in the gym as well. Still attempting to get better at running, but is kinda a distant third to the cycling and gym, but getting out a couple times a week still. I STILL DONT REALLY LIKE RUNNING HOWEVER AND HOPE IT DOES GET BETTER. :x

Anyway all is going pretty well and I hope u all have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Happy Monday everyone, it's day 44 I believe since last suboxone dose. Had a good weekend got out and did 2 long bike rides for a couple hours each. Took the weekend off from the gym, but did hit it today bright and early.

Had a little lack of energy/ motivation today, but believe it may be from drinking/taking too much caffeine. I gotta cut down I'm taking 600 to 800 mg per day between pre workout drinks etc. I got into the bad habit right after I jumped trying to compensate for initial lack of energy, but have not cut down yet.

All in all feeling pretty "normal" I guess, and not getting any cravings which is good. Hope all have a good week. Till next update.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great update! Glad you are starting to feel normal. Hang in there, it gets better slowly but surely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks TinyDancer, it is nice to feel pretty normal now, there were definitely times during my early jump where I didn't think it would happen. Definitely a bonus to know it will probably get even better. Hope all have a good night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there Kittyspot!
Congrats on 45 days! You'll be at 2 months before you know it!
:D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Kittyspot - I also felt some "sparkles" today at the gym!! And my energy this afternoon was better than it has been in quite a few weeks - I am encouraged! We shall see what tomorrow brings.....

How are you? Hanging in there I hope...this part of the process can seem like a marathon some days, KWIM?

:D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey BF, glad your starting to get a little something when your working out. Today was my long bike ride, got out and climbed hills for a little over an hour and a half. It is hard to describe what "runners high" I am getting. It like a feeling of calm after I am finished on the ride, not sure if it is what I used to feel prior to subs, but it definitely feels like something. I just wish it lasted a little longer, probably about 20 minutes after it starts. Well, it's def better than feeling like crap just 4 weeks ago. Hope you keep seeking out and getting that elusive "sparkle."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Haven't updated in a few days, but still feeling great. Have still been getting to the gym and getting cardio in. I'm Getting pretty good sleep at night as well. Hope all are having a good weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next