It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So, mid day update, I did get to the gym and out for about a 45 minute MTB ride. Basically just lacking energy and motivation today. I'm happy I got out and got things done, but was kinda just going through the motions. I sure miss a big spike of a triple mocha iced latte or something before workout, but am being good at cutting down caffeine. Boo hoo :|

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm also still craving junk food for unknown reason. Last night and yesterday afternoon I totally binged on chips and salsa, pizza and sweets. Hopefully this ends soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi KS, glad you're hanging in there.

Sometimes going thru the motions is all we can do during our detox, have to accept that we can only do our best, whatever that is today. BF and I jumped one day apart, and both of us noticed an improvement in energy and motivation around day 22 or 24 or something like that (you can check our threads), you're almost there.

Good luck.

-- ji

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 19, another night of getting 6 or so hours of sleep is def comforting. That's three nights in a row now, hopefully the insomnia is letting up for good. I'm sure getting out and exercising two to three times a day is helping.

Motivation is still a little low and it takes me a while to get up and get going in the morning. Also, I haven't really mentioned it before, but I do seem to have a little brain fog. I thought it was just lack of sleep initially , but now the sleep is being taken care of the fog is still lingering. I'm sure with time it too shall pass though, it's been less than 3 weeks since jumping off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I suffered with motivation issues early on in my detox and for a months or so after. I found that if I just "do" instead of contemplating doing it, I could get going more easily day after day. I think the motivation factor and foggy brain stuff is mild PAWS that should ease as you getter further out. Exercising like you have been doing makes PAWS easier to manage and quickly go away. I can't sit around thinking about all the stuff I need or should do because I find that the more I think about it, the less I do it. I get up, and go. Seemed to help lift the problem of procrastination and lack of motivation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Trainer, I did procrastinate a little this morning, but finally did get to gym and bike ride. For me it is easier to get out on a long bike ride than gym, due to racing bikes for years in my youth, over 40 now. But got to gym , where a little better today than yesterday. Are you using caffeine to charge your workouts, I couldn't remember if you had cut the coffee out as well.

Anyhoo, I know it is just going to take time and I'm only 18 or 19 days off, can't remember prob a good sign. You are several months off and in reading your posts seemed to have regained your motivation and exercise drive, congrats by the way. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I actually use a preworkout supplement called C4 that does have caffeine in it as well as beta alanine which ignites a fire in ya while working out. Good stuff! I have an extremely high tolerance for caffeine so it doesn't affect me like it does most and I can sleep just fine even after taking the c4 2 or 3 hours before bed. I workout in the evenings so I take it about 7 pm as I am driving to the gym.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Is that something u can grab at GNC or the likes?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not sure if gnc carries the c4. I get mine at bodybuilding.com. can also get it at netrition.com. GNC does have their own preworkout powder but it doesn't have beta alanine in it. The beta alanine, when taken on an empty stomach makes your whole body feel itchy or zappy. Hard to explain. Lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, they have it- I got mine there :)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

20 minutes after taking that C4, you better go workout or you'll likely tear the walls off your house!! Good stuff!!

Trainer mentioned being able to take C4 then go to bed not too long after, that's been my experience, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks everyone, I have a GNC near me and will grab some this weekend. It is actually cheaper than using the diet red bull that are about two bucks a pop before going to gym and they don't do squat. The c4 looks about 50 or so bucks for 60 servings, definitely less expensive route.

Last night was a fluke, and only got about 4 hours of sleep, I've gotten spoiled on getting 6 or so hours dang it. Other than that don't feel to bad today. Day 20, almost three weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you don't want to feel like you have an entire body itch you can't scratch to relieve it, eat a small preworkout meal right before you drink the c4. I made the mistake my first time drinking it, of taking it on an empty stomach and 20 minutes later, I was itchy and zappy all over. Freaked me out at first!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All in all definitely a. "Fake it till u make it" day. I think due to lack of sleep, I was tired all day. I did however make it for a training MT bike ride and got to gym. Just kinda went through the motions at both, but better than getting nothing done. I think I heard it takes 30 days or something close to that to make a habit. Gym workouts are something I def need to continue till it's a habit. Well it's 10 pm or so hopefully sleep is kind to me tonight. Day 21 tomorrow, three weeks woohoo.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

To Trainer and Romeo, definitely going to seek out that C4 pre workout. Thanks for the tip. I am definitely not sensitive to caffeine as well, I can drink several cups off coffee or rockstars etc, and fall asleep within an hour. Well at least I used to be able to before all this w/d paws bullsh*t.

It is weird, since jumping, I have been unable to take any kind of afternoon nap, despite being exhausted sometimes. I'm sure in time it will return.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow, day 21 today, three whole weeks. I did get about 6 hours sleep last night. Looking back, day 1 seems quite a long time ago. I definitely don't feel bad today, all of the acute issues are over. So people reading this, you can get off subs if you want to. I started taking subs in approx 2006, and was started on 32 mg a day. I leveled out after a year at 24 mg and stayed on that for over 5 years. I eventually started forgetting to take the mid day dose and dropped down to 16 mg probably 2 years ago. My orig MD got his license taken away in Dec 2013, so went to new MD and tapered from 16 mg to .25mg in about 8 months. The big reductions 16 to 8 to 6 to 4 to 3 to 2mg were all pretty uneventful. As most have heard the sub 2 mg drops were the ones I felt. My MD pushed me through the lower drops and I am thankful he did as it got me down to .25 mg from 2 mg in about 2 months.

Aside from some minor but annoying sleep issues and a little lack of motivation/energy, I feel I'm doing pretty well for having only been off a pretty long and high dose level of suboxone for 21 days. Hopefully this will give somebody the motivation and confidence to get off this medication if that is where you are at in your recovery journey. The only big reason I stayed on this med was from fear of W/D's and while not fun, they were conquered. Thanks all, and will continue to post updates.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there Kittyspot!

Congratulations on 3 weeks! Great post, and I agree, fear of the wdls was much worse than the actual process for me as well.

Over the years I was dependent on suboxone I did try to "quit' but did not understand how potent the drug was and did not taper because I didn't understand that would minimize the wdls so much. So I tried to jump from around 8mgs quite a few times...and failed as I was also taking care of two young children and just could not do it from that high jump. SO although it took awhile for me to finally figure out to slowly taper, I "eventually" did and found this site when I was at 1mg and thought that was VERY low! Ha ha ha but not really funny when I learned that 1mg is still a fairly high dose.
(but at least I DID find out and tapered low enough so the wdls were manageable for me)

You've really done a great job getting yourself through the last 3 weeks and keeping a positive attitude! I'm sure your thread has been and will be helpful for others.

Enjoy the weekend "sub free" :D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

3 weeks!! Congratulations Kitty!!!

You sound like you're doing well AND you're not falling into the trap of gluing your ass to the couch 24/7 like I did. Good for you!!!

About the C4, I use it religiously. I've hit a couple of workouts without it and I'm able to pretty much get my reps and sets in, but it's like a massive struggle to do so. With C4 on board, I don't really hit higher reps or sets, but it seems "easier." Hard to explain.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks BF and Romeo, thinking back it is really amazing how powerful suboxone is , when I think back that I was not in withdrawal while taking .25 mg or 250 micrograms a day. Hard to believe I was started out at 32 mg or 32,000 micrograms a day. I probably should be surprised that I am doing as well as I am considering the massive doses I have taken consistently over the years. Really the biggest complaint is motivatin off the couch and doing things, once started it is pretty easy, getting started is a major ordeal most days.

Romeo, I think I know what u are saying as far as the c4 making things easier, but not necessarily making u stronger. High caffeine doses are doing the same thing for me at, or even getting me to the gym.

Anyhoo, it's 1 pm, better get of computer and couch and get er done. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:01 pm 

Hey Kittyspot! Congratulations on 3 weeks and feeling pretty good!

I hope that you're proud of yourself for all of the effort you've put in! :)

Amy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next