It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alright I'll get right to the point and fill you guys in on the detail later because I feel terribly sick.
I stopped my suboxone 3 days ago and began taking oxycodone and morphine untill finally yesterday I got high.Today I took one 30mg oxy and a 30mg extended releaes morphine and I feel really sick.

Is the suboxone knocking needing more? I hope.Or am I stuck for another 24 hours or so to re-induct?
Dammit I just wanna take my suboxone and feel better again...
any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I feel like I'm gonna vomit and my stomach is getting crampy plus I have a headache.

This is definitely the onslaught of withdrawal here!Should I take my Suboxone or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. I really can't offer you any advice but I can tell you that I had a lot of relapses that sound kind of similar to yours--I kept relapsing on heroin, but also sometimes methadone...I found what you said, when I stopped taking the sub in favor of the other drugs then by the third day I could get high...but it was mostly an awful exhausted "high" and sometimes I felt sick too....areyou feeling sick as if you have taken too much of the morphine and oxy? or sick as if you're in withdrawal? I can tell you that whenever I relapsed I just went right back to taking my sub and I never had any trouble--the sub immediately worked at eliminating any withdrawal symptoms and I've never had anything like precipitated withdrawal. I never waited very long before going back on sub, usually like 12 to 24 hours. On the other hand, if you're feeling sick as though you've taken too much oxy or morphine, personally, I would wait longer before taking any sub. Anyway, I'm sorry I can't really offer you any solid advice, but I do hope you get back on track and don't have further relapsing. Do keep us posted....meanwhile, I bet someone else might have some more solid advice for youy regarding esactly how you handle geting back on your regular sub dosing now....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No I don't feel like I took too much morphine or oxy.It feels like I need my sub again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi don't sleep -

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. But don't dwell on it. It's over now and you're eager to get back to the suboxone. So hang on to TODAY and don't focus on yesterday. You can't change what's already been done.

I'm not sure I can help you regarding when to go back on sub. I can tell you that I needed regular pain meds after surgery a couple months ago and I went right back to my sub. My doctor just told me to wait 12 hours. If I recall I took my last one in late afternoon, so I just waited until the next morning.

HOWEVER, I'm no doctor and I don't want to tell you anything that will cause you to take it too soon and get sicker. It may depend on how much full agonists are in your system. Like Auto asked, do you think you're sick from too many pills or from withdrawals? What do your pupils look like? If they are pin-points, then it's my opinion that it's from too many pills. If your pupils however, are dilated (big) then it's my opinion it's from withdrawals.

Have you considered calling your doctor to ask for her/his guidance? When we're honest, usually the doctor just wants to help. But that's something you'll have to decide.

I'm really sorry I can't be of more help. Hang in there and please let us know how you are.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok well I took 6mg's of sub and feel a whole lot better!I just couldn't take that onslaught.I knew it wasn't because of too much opioids.I'm better but not 100%.I could use a nap now.

Thank you all for your help and concern.This is something I will NEVER EVER do again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Don't beat yourself up over it. Just remember that we're all human and make mistakes from time to time. Also, the longer you stay on sub the more your body and mind will heal, so stick with it!
Wish you all the best for the future.