It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Relapse question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm a terrible drug addict. This month has been really rough, and I ended up using my entire Suboxone script within 3 weeks of getting the script filled, leaving a little more than a week until my next appointment.

Needless to say, I got very very very dope sick and ended up having to relapse so I could go to work and to stop the terrible withdrawal symptoms. I've been in my Suboxone program for about 4 or 5 months. I have to take a drug test tomorrow when I go into my next appointment and I know it's going to show that I don't have any Sub in my system and possibly it will come up dirty for other opiates.

My main question is, is it likely I will get kicked out of the program because they think I am selling them? I'm truly not selling them and I really need to be on this program, I fucked up but I was just desperately trying to feel better about my life and ended up thinking I'd be able to ration out my script and I couldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:09 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi the one the dude...

I think honesty is the best policy here. Remember they deal with drug addicts all day long. You are new in the program.'You
thought more would be better and took them all up..many of us have done that until we figured out more does nothing more
but waste your pills...I would go in talking and telling them the whole story of what you did and that you were scared and
did not know what to do after you had messed up...make them feel sorry for you a bit...then when the drug test comes up
dirty or bad it will be no surprise to them....if you lie and your test is dirty, they may think you are not serious about the
program..make them understand how much you want and need the program...if you do this, I think things will work
out fine for you tomorrow. Just be honest and make them understand how much you want and need the program and will
try to not do this again. I do not think they will kick you out...first of all they like the money too much!!...and second..I
think they really do want to help you. You did not say how much you were on..or I didn't catch it..maybe you need more?

Good luck tomorrow as I am sure you are up all night worrying about it...been there, done that...you are not alone and
not the first...

Sincerely,
Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ah I see. Thanks a lot, I appreciate the feedback. I actually take 16mg a day (two 8mg films) so I'm not sure if I actually need more or not.. Probably not, really. I just have a bad habit of immediately taking another film to deal with my problems. I know it's psychological, but I actually feel like I'm having withdrawals when I know I could take another film and it's just really difficult for me to actually back off and actually deal with things.

I've just read a lot about really strict doctors and my doctor seems kind of strict, but she does take insurance at least. The tests are a new thing in her office and it's the first time I'm taking one aside from my initial one which came back clean as I hadn't been able to use anything for a few days before the appointment. But I did talk to the receptionist and asked her if I would get kicked out if my test came back dirty and she said no, so I suppose that's a good sign.

Anyway thanks for the feedback and insight. Defiantly just going to be honest with her as anything else would be stupid and unproductive anyway. Mostly I'm just worried she'll think I'm selling them. Kind of unbelievable someone could go through 56 strips in a 3 week period but that's what happened. Hopefully it will go alright.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Dude,

Yes, it seems crazy that someone could go through 56 strips in 3 weeks...but only if your not an addict. Those of us who suffer with you completely understand how this could happen! I can't count how many times it happened to me. My doctor is VERY strict. He absolutley WILL kick someone out for even one dirty drug screen. I've seen it happen more than once. But even he won't kick someone out for running out early if it is a first offense. I think Slipper gave you excellent advice, she knows what she is talking about. :D I have run out early and showed NO SUBOXONE in my system I think 3 seperate times now. But I went in each time and was up front with him and told him what happened and he showed mercy on me...if it were to happen again I'm sure my luck would run out...but I'm so close to being off and actually am doing better now on 1mg than I did on 8mg. I haven't used extra in a couple months now. At some point, as slipper said, you will hopefully figure out that it's not really making you feel any better. I wish I could tell you exactly how to get to that point, but I have no idea how it happened. One day I just "got it".

Relax a little bit...be honest...and I think you'll be fine. Let us know how it goes ok?