It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I did not know if this would be better suited for the dosing section but anyway my mother is perscribed Suboxone in two or three month intravels; She will see her doctor once every two or three months when he will write her a month's perscription with one or two monthly refills. She went to fill them this last month and the pharmacy said that it would take them a day to order the tablets but that they could fill it with the film instead for her. She agreed but now says she wants back on the tablets. She asked me to look around online for other's experiences and etc. Will she be able to tell the pharmacy to refill her Suboxone as the tablets the next time around instead of the film? Thanks all! Hope everyone is doing well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome! Since her original prescription was for the tablets she should have no problem getting them for her next refill. If for some reason there is a problem she can ask the pharmacy to call her Dr. to confirm she was prescribed the tablets. In the future if this were to happen she can ask the pharmacy to only give her however many strips she would need until the tablets come in. You do not have to fill the whole month at one time. A lot of people that can't afford to pay for a whole month of sub split it up. I hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's possible that since the pharmacist offered her the films instead that the doctor wrote only Suboxone on the script and didn't specify the tablets or the film and that's why she was given a choice. She can always just call the pharmacist and ask what her options are.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.