It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'd just like to know if its common for other patients to have such a difficult time getting their refills called in like I do. Im sitting here in a cold sweat worried to death that Im gonna go into benzo withdrawal all because my stupid Dr.s office has receptionists that apparently don't give a shit about relaying the message to the dr or nurse that I need my refill. I go every 2 months (closer to 3 because sometimes I don't have the money right away after filling my sub and other meds so I have to put it off till I get paid again) so the month in between they tell me "just call us in a month when you need your refill and we will call it in".

So every month it works out like this, I call or sometimes will just ask my pharmacy to fax a refill request to them (I thought by having the pharmacy do it it might move things along quicker but it doesn't) but mostly i call and I get the receptionist and I tell he "my anxiety meds have run out for the month and the nurse said to just call in when I needed them and someone will call it in to the pharmacy" and they take down all my info and tell me they will make sure to let them know right away. I always try to call early like 8 o clock when they open so theres ample time for it to get done and every time I just wait and wait and wait and nothing from the pharmacy. I know that if I don't have a automated "your Rx is ready to be picked up" on my machine that they didn't even contact my pharmacy but I call the pharmacy every time just to make sure and whadya know "nope we are still waiting on them to get back to us".

So I get aggravated of course and hope they will call em in the next day and usually they don't and I have to call again and badger in the nicest way possible and then sometimes they still won't even call the second day. On a few occasions they have written my rx with several refills so I don't have to deal with the hassle so when that happens I fill it on the 28th day so I dont have to have the anxiety of cutting it so close and possibly running out. So during situations like now when I have to call in to request the refill I call on the 28th day as well to allow for two days of them dicking me around before they even do it for me and I still have to be put through this anxiety and fear every time over my meds.

I have the best dr and they help me in every way they can but this is the one issue that just can't seem to ever work out and i can't deny it pisses me off because I pay alot of money for my treatment and I shouldn't have to feel like Im pestering a drug dealer to "hook me up" (it really does bring me back to those days when I have to be like "I know you guys are busy but I called 2 days in a row now and asked for the refill and Im gonna be out of medication after tonight could you please have someone call it in for me thank you so much" and you have to kiss their ass when they are in the wrong and you didn't do anything and it honestly just makes my blood boil sometimes. Im gonna get no sleep tonight because here I am with my last few pills and I know that there is probably more than a 50% they will just blow me off and not relay my request to the dr again. Sorry for the rant just want to know if this is common or not. Thanks for reading

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's common for me. I have an HMO, and I get the same thing happening. But I will say that it always seems to be over things like benzos, sleep meds(addictive type) or pain meds. I don't know why! I follow all the same rules just like I do for my other meds, but it's like a razor edge every time. And I'm relatively new to sub so I have to go thru it every two weeks ( it'll be a few more months before I can get monthly). And don't get me started on the disapproval of the pharmacy tech.......that's getting old.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've had the same experience as you guys with Benzo's or pain meds or Sub, but never had any trouble when I'd get scripted anitbiotics or blood pressure meds or the like.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yep! Me too! It's a f ing hassle every month when I call in for my sub refill. I can usually get them one or two days early when a certain pharmacist happens to be there. She's actually the pharmacy manager too, but then there's this bitch pharmacist Ashley who absolutely REFUSES to fill it until EXACTLY 30 days later! I hate her!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

sublaura wrote:
Yep! Me too! It's a f ing hassle every month when I call in for my sub refill. I can usually get them one or two days early when a certain pharmacist happens to be there. She's actually the pharmacy manager too, but then there's this bitch pharmacist Ashley who absolutely REFUSES to fill it until EXACTLY 30 days later! I hate her!!!!

Yes, there is one particular pharmacy tech (never the pharmacist, they are always respectful. I guess because they have probably seen it all.). But you know what? I just smile and am extremely polite, she has to live in that snarky, dark place called her mind. I just have to pick up my meds and forget her. It takes all kinds, even spiders are beneficial in the insect world! :D