It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Recovery is subjective.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Instead of thinking about what other people think your recovery should be or look like. Or thinking about what society or literature says your recovery should be or look like...

Just do whatever keeps you happy and in the right frame of mind. By that I mean, do whatever it is that let's you feel like you have recovery in your life.

I just read so much on here where folks either do things or think certain ways just because of what they THINK others think is recovery. Or. What other books, programs, and institutions see as recovery.

If you do well on suboxone, and feel as though you function highly, then keep doing that. Don't just stop the suboxone because you feel bad about it or think you aren't clean enough due to what others say to you.

In the end, we are all opiate addicts and most will tell you that recovery is impossible or that we will die from this disease Jo matter what.... Well... It IS really hard to get recovery, but it is possible. Point is.... If the outlook for an opiate addict isn't very positive unless they take suboxone, why not take it and then start to look at your recovery?

Idk. I'm just tired of all the posts arguing whether suboxone is good or bad. All points based on opinions. Or. Just flat out telling people that suboxone will ruin their life, make them lose their hair, prevent them from getting better, that they are less of a person, that they aren't clean on it, that they will have to get off it at some point or else bad things will happen, ect.

It's all just opinions and bs.

So. If suboxone helps you live normally, keep on keeping on!!

Recovery is what you make it! If you FEEL clean.... You ARE clean! Being "clean" doesn't just have to do with using drugs or not using drugs. I know plenty of people not using anymore that haven't changed a bit! It's in your attitudes and ideas and behaviors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well said. No need to say more. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:15 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I AGREE ENTIRELY!!
SLIPPER

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you for this post! I have been reading posts on this forum for awhile. It was a big reason that I made the decision to start suboxone. Lately I have noticed an increasing amount of anti-suboxone posts, and I don't know for sure but if I would have read all those a couple months ago I might have abandoned the thought of suboxone all together. I have only been on it for a little over three weeks now, but it has already changed my life for the better in so many ways! I look forward to what my life may become now, an yes I feel like I am clean now that I am on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Right on moviemaker! Now get to a meeting! Lol.. congrats on your new job too. Proud of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thats guys and gals! I am just very passionate about recovery from opiate addiction with the use of suboxone. I know it works. That's more than most could say about other programs or treatments ALONE.

Thanks again. Glad you all agree and see where I am coming from with this post.
Out with the negative and in with the positive....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Razor! I'm glad my life is becoming fuller. Living to the max these days!

Productive member of society!

Soon I'll be happy as ever, sitting on the beach, going to Disney, and just loving life!

Never thought I'd be here.
It's mostly thanks to suboxone. For real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on subs for almost a year, and no slips. I know I'm clean; I enjoy being a mom of two. This sounds bad, but when I was using, I almost felt like they were a burden. I can't believe I thought that. For me, any substance that can do that to someone is pure evil. I now enjoy all the ups and downs that come with parenting. Thank you Suboxone for helping me see what's important, family.

Post subject: The Majority Wins
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:48 pm 

It appears that we who firmly believe Suboxone saved our lives and continues to keep doing so are the majority here. (I never doubted it)

Reading SqeakyCleanKS's statement about maybe not inducing on Suboxone after she read the negative posts here really hit home. We all need to make sure any more new people coming to our forum don't get this kind of message. We do our best to welcome everyone who posts but a lot of potential members only lurk here, maybe to never join. We will never know.

So this makes me very pleased to know we are getting back on track. Yes, messages are down as are new members joining. The forum has its ups and downs just like everything else. Keep it up everyone.

R62

Post subject: Recovery is subjective
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think Moviemaker is wise beyond his years!