It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Reckitt's Patent
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... atent.html

I wasn't sure which area to post this in, so I put it in what looks like the most active-- :D :D :D

So this is about SUBOXONE's patent finally running out--good for all Subs patients because they will finally be able to get generic form...however I have heard some rumblings that there may be a technicality that gets in the way? That because the regulations that made Suboxone legal for opiate addiction treatment actually say SUBOXONE specifically -not buprenorphine with naltrexone--that doctors might be breaking the regs if they give patients the generic form for opiate addiction treatment. Spefically whatever asinine regulation it is that makes it so a Doctor can't treat a patients opiate addiction with meds????

I know this seems like a ridiculously small reason to worry--however, when it comes to medication assisted treatment the DEA is always looking for reasons to nail doctors who prescribe it or forms of pain control...I have seen what they can do with small technicalities/differing interpretations of the regs that shouldn't matter and wouldn't matter with any other type of medication-I have seen how they can prosecute a technicality like this as a criminal offense-and walk away destroying lives and careers. Nailing an addiction doctor or a pain doctor is like a notch in their "drug war" belt.

Any thing anyone can add?