It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Recap from a former user
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone!
Been a while since I came on here. Seems like most humans we appreciate things the most when we are intesnely affected by it. Then as the pain or whatever eases, we tend to move on. I just wanted to drop in and encourage all of you who are in the midst of the fight to fight on. You dont have to read this to see that many people have beaten this bitch. And you have some awesome cheerleaders in here. My story briefly: I used subs for two years--8 mgs a day. Ran out. Doc wouldnt give me more, Got pissed and quit. Never looked back but it wasnt easy. Early on symptoms (first few weeks)
--insomnia
--frequent bathroom trips
--anxious feeling
--extreme exhaustion (this was the worst to me)

But as I got into this I began to see other things happen, I was dreaming again! Vivid dreams that reminded me that I hadnt dreamed in a couple of years! Also got my sex back lol Forgot what THAT was like too. ALso very slowly the tiredness began to be more off and on. For a couple of months I still felt the on and off feeling of this crap. But it was always getting better. I began in August last year and by Thanksgiving I felt pretty much myself. Now I feel awesome. I know that sounds like a long time when you are in the middle of it--but believe methe time will pass and you can get through this. You just have to want your life back more than be enslaved to meds, fear of running out, counting the minutes til the pharmacy opens and all the crap that goes with this behavior. Keep it up. Drink lots of water and take supplements and get some sort of exercise--even walking is great.

Dont sit in the pain--embrace the fight.

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Damn, is it ever good to see you again Brian, thanks for the update. I mentioned your name a week or so ago to a fellow high jumper who wasn't sure if they could do it, actually, I think I've used your name a few times now!

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Rock On!!

Post subject: Thank you for update!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you for posting a positive outcome of getting off Suboxone! it is very encouraging-I hope I have the same story to tell in a few months..:)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cheers to you!

For jumping off at a high dose and making it. That is awesome.

Best Wishes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm really glad to hear this story. Exact circumstances I am under. 2 years 8 mg, and then I jumped.. Did it for my wife and little boy and promise to never look back. I'm at day 34 and still have the up and down energy levels, but it's always good to hear that it won't be long Until This is all behind me. One thing that had happened to me in this whole mess is that 30 days clean I started to get my cluster headaches back, which is the reason I got Hooked on pain meds in the first place.. The one thing I use to abort these things sometimes is slamming energy drinks.. Kinda sucks as paws and caffeine dont mix well.. But I gotta Do what I gotta do. Still got restless legs some nights but not Nearly as bad as the beginning. Sleep is more off then on and still not stable but like every other symptom it's easing off. Anyways sorry for the ramble. Gdnignt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did opioids help with your headaches much? I always found they were good for every kinda pain except headaches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Gratz on your success ! I too feel like my sex drive came out of know where on day 3 and the dreams feel more like movies.But they are dreams of using and in each dream i do not succeed in obtaining my drug or if i do i cant find a straw or water to take the pill. really weird.
I also was shut down due to my pharmacy being closed for a long weekend(3 days) so i said FK IT.
:D :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my dreams I never get to use either. I either drop the stuff, or the lighter won't work, or someone won't leave. etc. That's weird!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
Did opioids help with your headaches much? I always found they were good for every kinda pain except headaches.

I know this wasn't directed to me Tear...but I never thought they helped headaches much either. In fact I often got headaches after using high doses. I always wondered about people that were prescribed opiates for migraines, didn't seem like a good fit to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I wouldn't really call cluster headaches, migraines.. But it's weird I think taking the opiates did numb my pain to the point of them not being there anymore. I mean I got sever headaches.. If u get a minute google cluster headaches aka suicide headaches.. Most painful thing I have ever experienced. Kinda sucks I'm getting them again just over a month into my sobriety from subs. Just one more thing to fight I guess. 36 days clean today.. Still lazy at times and the bouts of depression stillllll linger. I tell myself every morning to stay positive and when I'm down I just throw on my headphones and my music has been my best Medicine yet. Anyways good luck to all those conquering the beast! Keep ur head held high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I always got headaches even while on opiates strange really but they do have migraine and headache medication that targets these kinds of things. I personally do not take them. I just live with them... I however do know people that are on meds for those issues. I ask questions alot merely out of curiosity.

Tripspot- Your right around 36 days. That is great! I am sorry you still feel crappy. This has me concerned cause I am hoping this being done with sub would be about over after 30 days?? I still am highs and lows... It sucks. Has your mind cleared up fully. That's my biggest fear is that sometimes I don't feel right ya know?? If anybody is far along and can tell me when their brain made a full turn around that would be great! At times I feel slow. I don't wanna use any wrong words here to describe it but it sucks believe me. The depression isn't so bad I have had far worse. My mind just feels cloudy here and there. Feels kinda like I did more damage to myself lol. I used to be very articulate and intellectual now I feel duh... Haha probably paws or something or another. Mind healing. I keep telling myself I will be 100% at some point. So it keeps me going. Its just a annoyance more than anything and a lil scary :cry:

So sub is just as long as methadone withdrawal? I have heard speculation in this... I know they are entirely different. Meth is a full agonist opiate and sub is a partial. So why are the effects so long lasting?? Or this it just our mind playing tricks?? Yes I read the PAWS and after effects thread. I just don't think there is nearly enough info in it. I jumped off having this idea that it wasn't goin to be that bad. My doc said so and from what I read it seemed some were doing fine a few weeks after...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ambr,

You asked, "If anybody is far along and can tell me when their brain made a full turn around that would be great", I'm about 6 weeks away from being 2 years off of Suboxone. During the beginning of my wd, I was pretty sure I had really done some heavy damage to my poor brain. I clearly remember being in the shower and getting my routine all out of whack. I would go to soap up and I'd forget the routine I had. I'd get out of the shower, go to dry off and do it all out of order too. So many of those things that had become "automatic" over the years.....I had to really concentrate to remember how the hell to do them. Simple tasks like brushing my teeth became a chore, I couldn't quite remember exactly how I used to do it and I kinda had to teach myself how to do it again.

The highs and lows you're feeling will get better too. Opiates completely interferred with our natural mood regulation, now that you don't have any external opiates flying through your body, your brain has to relearn how to balance itself. It seems to overshoot on the high and low side for a while, but it eventually gets it right, it did for me anyway.

If you want a good link to a PAWS article, this is by far the best one I've ever found. By the 6th paragraph, it's addressing some of what you asked.

http://digital-dharma.net/post-acute-wi ... mediately/

Another thing I wanted to mention, which is probably in the article I just linked to, is that this healing process is....well....a process. I really don't remember waking up one morning and thinking, hey, I'm all better. It happened gradually. Keep living your life, keep showing up everyday and this stuff will all fall into place.