It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:56 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I want to make this quick only because I just spent 3 hours today on my "Story" to have my tablet just go blank and everything gone! So I have to do that another day! I could of gotten so much done! Hahaha man that pissed me off!,,,sorry had to vent,,,,,
Okay,hope everyone is doing good, I'm not doing that great because....I been on Suboxone for 2 years this April,20mg daily which gave me my life back,about three months ago my doctor started tampering me down which I thought OK I can do this I'm strong,every two weeks he cut me down 4mg ...I was having BAD W/D I told him that it was not going to work,because the w/d and my mind was starting to think about other drugs! I said please don't drop my mg so quickly your not giving my body time to adjust,,He insisted I keep going down,,, are you serious! This is not working SR. It's fine you don't get any withdrawls from suboxone if you drop 4mg every two weeks.,,,,,Then what am I going threw if it's not W/D? ,,,at this point I'm so upset two years clean and this doctor I thought gave a shit about me is really going to put me threw this,,,,he would not listen to me at all,,I went home SCARED,SICK and pissed off,,,talked to a friend about it she said smoke some bud it will help! Well I did,,felt so guilty...I would hit it then put it out,,,like three days 1 joint..It did help but I guess I wanted to stay true to myself so I just delt with the horrible W/D..next appointment I told the doctor I smoked,,I wanted to be honest because he drug tests me every time I walk in the hospital anyways,, so I told him he was very pissed off! I never seen him so mad!maybe a bad day? He told me OK 4mg now! I actually started to cry and just walked out,,,so two weeks later he said well I see there's still cannabis in your system,,I said it only been two weeks? He said I cant write you anymore subs because of this! Wow really so now what ?I asked,don't you have to finish weaning me off these? He said take your prescription and you can't come back here again! What?! So I thought OK whatever I have to find a new doctor,,,well I look at the script and it's only for ten 2mg subs saying take 1 a day? I don't understand why he did this,,, is there like a 2 year limit? It wasn't like he was the same doctor I see every month! That totally convinced me to also have injections and radiofrequency for my lower back because of back pain I have had for years,,,,that's where most of my opiod abuse came from,, I'll write about that another time,,,but what I don't understand is why he never had me give a MRI?? And I still have back pain! Anyways now I have like 2 subs left and called everywhere and they are not accepting new patients or don't take insurance! This sucks ass bad!!! I'm like stunned,,,and very worried and sick! I called here to help they gave me a few numbers,,So we'll see if I can get in soon,,Two years on Sub never late to my appointment or had a durty urine,,,till the last month there.....I'll write back and let everyone know what happens! Please GOD let me go threw this without turning back to snorting oxys and heiron!!! 29 year old female if anyone cares ,,,,with two boys 6 and 3,, Not married but with a guy that's a complete asshole! But its my kids Dad and they love him! Gotta go clean my house before he comes home so I don't have to hear his mouth!! Lol ,,,,my dad has my boys out of town so I can get some rest.....I wish he would understand I need rest.....until next time peace.......longer than I thought,,,If someone takes their time to read this,,,Thank you....also sorry if it's kind of all over the place,,I never really wrote a post till today and I only completed 9th grade,,,,,that's another LONG story!!!

and it was only for 10 2mg subs! THIS IS TRULY FUCKED up! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Also I been going to a therapist and physiatrist every month for 2 years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You may have to expand your search criteria; ie, look further away from where you live for a doctor instead of just in the same town. Think about it this way: HOW far would you have gone to get your Oxys? How far would you have gone to meet someone to buy pills when you were addicted and actively seeking pills? Would you have driven 100 miles? 150 miles? 200 miles even? Then you should be more than willing to drive that far for your treatment, even further than that if that's the closest you can find...there's NOTHING more important than keeping yourself clean. So do some more searching, further away, and see what you can come up with.

When I was hooked on pills, if someone would have called me and said "hey, if you'll meet me 4 hours away, I'll sell you 90 pills for $3 each...I'd been like "ROADTRIP!"....

We all have to be willing to jump through hoops to keep our treatment...it's the most vital and important thing for us to stay clean.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Fast Taper
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:41 pm 

That really sucks Celeste,

Why that doctor is behaving like that no one knows. Maybe he wants to get rid of older patients to bring in new cash paying ones. You'll never know. But keep trying to find the right doctor. I'm sure you'll succeed even if you have to drive fairly far like Jonathanm said.

When I moved 300 miles away from my Sub doctor we discussed me coming back every two months for a script. He said he isn't allowed to write a refill for Suboxone but would double the amount I'm taking so it would last twice as long. At least I had that reassurance coming into a new town. And like you, it had to be someone who took my insurance. In a city of 2 million residents I found only one doctor who would see me with insurance. The rest wanted cash, and a lot of it.

Let us know how it works out. And yes, I did read your entire post. Take your time and redo your Thread post for later when you feel good.

I think it's nuts being tapered by 4mgs every visit. I guess he forgot his oath of "First, Do no harm".

Good Luck finding a new doctor,

Rule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry to hear this story Celeste!

One can only guess at why your doctor would choose to put you through this...a fast taper was never going to work in the first place, so why even start and then get so nasty when you had a slip up with the weed.

I have to agree with jonathanm1978...you really need to expand your search if you can. I ended up seeing a doctor almost 50 miles from my home to get treatment. I never thought twice about it as I was willing to do whatever it took to get this treatment option. The doctor I chose does not take my insurance, but did have a caring and compasionate nature so it was worth the money IMO.

Good luck and I hope you can get relief and find a truly caring doctor that will continue to help you.

Post subject: Thx!! <3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey,Thanks everyone for your reply!,,I really appreciate it,you are exactly right! Thats what I'm doing,,I found one today it's like 26 miles but that don't matter at all to me! The only problem I have now is they can't see me till the 31st. Which sucks bad because I only have 1 sub left! :( and I told the lady I spoke with today and she said "okay"? OK what? I said I'm going to be sick! She said well he can't see you any sooner,,would you like me to cancel? Ahhh no!!!! I really can't believe I have to be treated like this!! I wanted to tell her to shove the phone up her.....whatever,,that anit going to help my situation. After I hung up the phone I was so angry , It's just really fucked up! She could of said it differently like I'm so sorry but.....ya know....So now what to do? I kept calling other places till 5 no luck! Maybe if I go to the Emergency room at the hospital and tell them my situation,maybe they will help? Should I call and ask? Sorry I'm thinking while writing this! Also I found a journal I wrote in when I started treatment and what's seems weird is with the last 10 subs he gave me falls on April,14th that's the same day I started treatment April,14 2010...Anyways,I wonder maybe just,,, maybe,if I call my old doctor's office and be so nice and tell them I'm having a hard time finding a new doctor in a short time,and with only 10 subs, I don't want to relapse please just prescribe me till the 31st! If he truly cares he will help and I would appreciate it! I'm just so confused he used to be so nice and especially when he done the "back" injections and radiofrequency's! He would joke and make me laugh all the time? Weird right? Maybe because he had like 2-3 students in the room? When I went only to get my subs he would be an asshole at times,,but not really all the time,If that makes since.. He did check my arms everytime I came in! (I never shot up!) It made me feel like shit! I take drug test every month and sometimes they would just call me in to take one?but I just think that's what they have to do? I don't know??
Well all I can do is keep trying! I can't and WON'T let this brake me!! Thanks again everyone! It really means alot too me! <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just a note for the above poster who said their doctor told them that refills weren't allowed with Suboxone:

MANY of us here get our Suboxone every 3 months. As a matter of fact, I'm coming up on my visit at the end of April, and I'll get my normal 75/month and X2 refills like I always get. The most they can write is a 90-day supply. Some doctors prefer not to write refills..but it CAN be done, it's a doctors preference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
Just a note for the above poster who said their doctor told them that refills weren't allowed with Suboxone:

MANY of us here get our Suboxone every 3 months. As a matter of fact, I'm coming up on my visit at the end of April, and I'll get my normal 75/month and X2 refills like I always get. The most they can write is a 90-day supply. Some doctors prefer not to write refills..but it CAN be done, it's a doctors preference.

I have been going once a month and getting monthly supplies, but my doctor just told me because of the state (Florida) coming down on them, they have to see maintenance patients once every two weeks (for urine and sobriety tests). I'm wondering if it varies from state to state, or if it's not necessarily a law but a matter of convenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Celeste,

I am so sorry you are going through this with your doctor. It really sounds like what I have heard my Doctor has done to some of his patients. So far he has been okay with me but I know he is going to start tapering me down soon and I don't want to deal with it yet. I don't know when it's going to come and it scares me to think about it! Just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing what state you are in? Good luck with your new doctor, I hope they have a cancellation and can get you in sooner!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

qhorsegal wrote:
Hi Celeste,

I am so sorry you are going through this with your doctor. It really sounds like what I have heard my Doctor has done to some of his patients. So far he has been okay with me but I know he is going to start tapering me down soon and I don't want to deal with it yet. I don't know when it's going to come and it scares me to think about it! Just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing what state you are in? Good luck with your new doctor, I hope they have a cancellation and can get you in sooner!

As far as I know, there are no states that require Sub doctors to kick patients after a certain period of time, this is a move by the doctors to get in "fresh" patients...meaning, an ever increasing flow of cash to them. It's sad when a doctor switches over from treating patients and their problems to treating their wallet. Sadly though, this is becoming a common practice with MANY doctors across the country. There needs to be a rules/regulatory board for addiction treatment docs...if they had some guidelines to go by instead of being free to screw people over as some of them do, they would face license issues or fines for treating people this way...

Seems that the Hippocratic Oath is only applicable when it ISN'T involving addiction treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
qhorsegal wrote:
Hi Celeste,

As far as I know, there are no states that require Sub doctors to kick patients after a certain period of time, this is a move by the doctors to get in "fresh" patients...meaning, an ever increasing flow of cash to them. It's sad when a doctor switches over from treating patients and their problems to treating their wallet. Sadly though, this is becoming a common practice with MANY doctors across the country. There needs to be a rules/regulatory board for addiction treatment docs...if they had some guidelines to go by instead of being free to screw people over as some of them do, they would face license issues or fines for treating people this way...

Seems that the Hippocratic Oath is only applicable when it ISN'T involving addiction treatment.

Well, I just came back from my sub doctor, and they've decided they no longer want to treat maintenance patients. Of course, the only person there was a nurse (it was a urine test appointment), so I wasn't actually able to talk to anyone about it. She pretty much said they just want to deal with detox (meaning, cut the fat of all us annoying maintenance people).

Post subject: 30 day notice
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought it was a law that a sub doc cannot kick you out or cut your sub off without giving you a 30day notice to allow you to find another doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

surgerybound wrote:
I have been going once a month and getting monthly supplies, but my doctor just told me because of the state (Florida) coming down on them, they have to see maintenance patients once every two weeks (for urine and sobriety tests). I'm wondering if it varies from state to state, or if it's not necessarily a law but a matter of convenience.

Hey there, that's a pretty big load of bullshit your dr's office gave you. I'm in florida aswell(Ocala area) and I see a DO up at UF on a monthly basis, also I get a cup to fill up every 3 months. Am I the only one that finds it pathetic when medical "professionals" lie like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Smuckerz wrote:
surgerybound wrote:

Hey there, that's a pretty big load of bullshit your dr's office gave you. I'm in florida aswell(Ocala area) and I see a DO up at UF on a monthly basis, also I get a cup to fill up every 3 months. Am I the only one that finds it pathetic when medical "professionals" lie like this?

We hear this fairly often around here. People come on and post about their doctors blaming the feds or the DEA when in fact whatever rule they are talking about is their own damn policy and they don't have the balls to say so and defend it themselves.

It's truly pathetic and cowardly, if you ask me.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.