It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Any one out there who thinks that coming off of Suboxone is a breeze, think again, I have been clean now for 3 weeks and 2 days, and my legs still ache, to the point I want to cut them off and the over anxiousness is overwhelming. The doctor I had previously gave me Suboxone 8mgs. to take twice a day and I was only on 6 - 7 Loratabs a day, he was dosing me like an heroin addict, so I just cut it down to a half a day, then I got sick of depending on it and I went cold turkey and the secret to my success is God, The Father and The Holy Spirit. Please any one that gets on here and is thinking about taking Suboxone to substitute for another drug, think again, it's like trading a witch for a devil, and for those it has worked for and have succeeded, great for you, stay clean.

So...basically the drug did it's job and she's bitching because you decided to go rouge and come off cold turkey? She never said how long she used Loratabs for and how long she was on Suboxone for...

Well first of all you were over prescribed, by BOTH Drs! Who needs 6-7 Loratabs a day OR 8 mgs of suboxone TWICE a day to get off Loratabs?? I worked in a detox clinic & I KNOW you don't ever need to take suboxone more than once a day even could ever 36 hours & you'd be fine.. A dr that tells you to take it twice a day, I question their ethics.. BC I seriously question my former employers & even he would say you don't need it but once a day & no more than 8 mgs in that one day... Really, it should be used for short term detox... I was unfortunate enoug to take for a long term, but you are wrong, bc it is a wonder drug when taken properly.. For those who were on heroin or oxy or high doses of Opiates.. I think it's great... & I'm not knocking a loratabs habit, bc my dads got one & I know it's all tough, but even him with a broken back is prescribed 4 a day... He can't get off them bc of his condition, but if he could, I would suggest short term suboxone detox & certainly wouldn't call it trading a witch for a devil, bc it's meant to be used for only a week or so, where our addictions had us for much longer.......

Yes, my 20 Loratab habit a day isn't as important as your oxy habit. Yeah...the three short term Suboxone programs I took sure did me a lot of good...I relapsed all three times.

Note: these are only two posts, the commentary in between are just my replies.

Last edited by mayunholdup on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: What?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Are those four separate posts from that forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No, just two posts with my commentary in between.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

good morning all and RYAN yes i have something too say too you im 41yrs old and i know when enough is enough who are you too tell me that my short term detox with the suboxone isnt gonna work you need too shut up or put up its working for me and i know that i will never use anymore oxy ever again once i get past this few days im old enough too know what i want i have a beautiful wife of 23 years two teenage sons and the whole time ive used my oxy ive kept it in checkand never completetly went over board even though i could have my doctor prescribes me 150 of them a month and usually only use 30 or soo it just pisses me off that you come in here saying this short term detox of suboxone dosnt work go somewhere else

HEY RYAN this is a thread where people are successfully getting clean and have quit suboxone after being on it for a long time and are living life successfully opiate free why dont you just go start your oxwn thread and title it IM STAYING ON SUBOXONE MY WHOLE LIFE AND IM DAM PROUD OF IT your doctors must love your dumbass coming back every month too see them and you should be a stockholder in suboxone by now plenty of people have uses suboxone as a short term detox and done it successfully it was made for short term only not for long term maintenance i do know that im not gonna use oxy ever again i hate the way they make me feel after awhile yes at first it was new and i loved the energy they gave me then after a while on them they make you depressed and im sure the suboxone does the same thing after being on it for a long time look what it has done too you we are all friends in here helping each other out getting clean and opiate free for life and you just drop in our thread and start telling everyone that short term suboxone detox dosnt work i dont know who you think you are just go on your new thread you start today and stay there and dont come back in here where your not wanted the best thing for your brain is no opiates at all and that what we are aiming for soo if you want too feed your brain opiates for the rest of your life go ahead and do so and stay out of this site and quit slamming suboxone short term use

These are two different posts from the same guy. Man, they are really uncivilized on there.....Short term is the only answer and just because I agree with long-term use I'm an idiot.

Here is my response:

What the hell is your problem? I was merely relaying my experience with it. I went through three short term suboxone programs and I slipped up three times. Everyone is different and this is just the route I'm going. You don't own this forum, this is a public forum open to anybody. I use other forums but I just thought I'd say something on this one. You're 41 years old but you act like a child. I'm choosing a different route of recovery and it has been doing me fine so far. Are you a doctor? No. Are you a professional in the medical field? God,I hope not. Suboxone has only been around for seven years so there really hasn't been any long-term testing done. I think it's fantastic you did a shot-term detox and are now clean. I did it and it didn't work for me. Isn't this point of this forum? For everyone to debate/share their stories? If you want to have your own forum make one on a different website. There is no one right way of getting clean. You're 41 years old? Well, you sure don't act like it.

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 pm 
Did you do time in prison? Because you're still living that way. You're not a thug anymore, you're a coward, threatening and bullying people on this forum. We're tired of it. This is a PRO-SUBOXONE FORUM. That means people here are taking it, going off of it, staying on it forever, or whatever. There are plenty of anti-Suboxone websites. Go to one of them! And please, read the forum rules.

Moderators: Please take action. He's a nut job.

You're not a doctor. You can't tell people when to stay on Suboxone and when to stop. Worry about yourself, and stay out of other people's business. Stop threatening this Ryan person. We don't do threat's around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whats going on here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

subsupporter - it looks like mayunholdup is quoting posts from topix.com and then offering commentary on them. Unfortunately these posts are not formatted well so it is kind of hard to tell what is going on. mayun is not anti-sub or anything.

However. I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. I know it is frustrating to read posts where people bash Sub and I can kind of understand the impulse to copy the sub bashing and bring it over here to a safe place to respond to it. That said, it's not really productive, it's against the spirit of the forum rules (no debating sub) and the way this whole topic is set up is confusing and is apparently upsetting some folks.

-Jack Kornfield

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]