It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! It's been quite a while since I posted anything on here, but I am in a situation and need some help. I have been on Subutex since my last post and it is working very well for me. I have gone back to school and have made the President's List every semester with a 4.0 and life has finally been good! Now for the problem... My husband and I are separated and he has been known to steal my meds. Always in a subtle way so that I would question whether any were actually missing or would think maybe the pharmacy had shorted me a couple. Until now it didn't leave me in as much of a bind as he hoped. This time, however, I just returned from vacation and had left part of my rx at home. I recently moved out of the home we shared so I didn't think this would be a problem. Also, he was supposed to come on our trip with my daughter for a couple of days so I thought my meds would be safer at home. I only took what I needed. When I returned home today my bottles were in the same spot, but they were empty!! I don't go to the Dr. until Thursday the 11th and I am panicking! I hate to call the Dr because I remember those days when I was on opiates and would come up with a new story every week. Although that is not the case here - it takes me right back to that time. I am a completely different person now! How bad are the withdrawals going to be for the next five and a half days? I am scared and I feel helpless.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What's your dose that you take now? Like, how may per day?

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
What's your dose that you take now? Like, how may per day?
I'm on three a day. I've pretty much been on this dose since my back surgery almost three years ago.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You should immediately start cutting the pills in the smallest amounts that you can manage to cut them, and taking pieces. I would suggest 1/4-sized pieces..and take as few as you can get by with thoughout the day. Don't let your brain tell you that you need it...because it's a fact that you have a ceiling level. Once you get a certain amount, you can take more, but it won't do any good.
I bet you could go 2 days, with taking 3 a day for a while, and not really experience awful withdrawals. You gotta get to a point where you can do this without thinking about it. don't obsess over the meds, and just take what you allow yourself to have in a day ...and only that amount.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
You should immediately start cutting the pills in the smallest amounts that you can manage to cut them, and taking pieces. I would suggest 1/4-sized pieces..and take as few as you can get by with thoughout the day. Don't let your brain tell you that you need it...because it's a fact that you have a ceiling level. Once you get a certain amount, you can take more, but it won't do any good.
I bet you could go 2 days, with taking 3 a day for a while, and not really experience awful withdrawals. You gotta get to a point where you can do this without thinking about it. don't obsess over the meds, and just take what you allow yourself to have in a day ...and only that amount.
Thank you! I am definitely going to do that this time. I have been giving a lot of thought to weening down and trying to stop depending on these so much. I only hope I can get through the next five days! I have nothing right now. Thank you for your advice!

Post subject: The Legit Way
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:57 pm 

Hi juststarting,

Sorry to hear about you divorcing, but he is an addict just like you. The only legitimate thing to do is file a police report and bring a copy to your doctor for proof of you running out. Just tell the truth and he should understand.

You two are divorcing anyway so it can't hurt the relationship much more than it already is. Unless of course you have children, but even then I still say to call the police. For one, it will stop his behavior, and two, you will get your meds replaced.

So what do you think? Is that something you are willing to do? I'm sure it crossed your mind.

If not, take jonnathamns advice and taper down. Not very good choices are they?

R

Post subject: Re: The Legit Way
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi juststarting,

Sorry to hear about you divorcing, but he is an addict just like you. The only legitimate thing to do is file a police report and bring a copy to your doctor for proof of you running out. Just tell the truth and he should understand.

You two are divorcing anyway so it can't hurt the relationship much more than it already is. Unless of course you have children, but even then I still say to call the police. For one, it will stop his behavior, and two, you will get your meds replaced.

So what do you think? Is that something you are willing to do? I'm sure it crossed your mind.

If not, take jonnathamns advice and taper down. Not very good choices are they?

R

Yes, calling the police has crossed my mind many times. Especially today! And yes, he is also an addict. He is not on Suboxone or Subutex. He claims to only take two percocets per day. We do have children - two teenage daughters - which is why I haven't filed a police report before. I believe I will take the advice from both you and Jonathanm! This throws me back ten years when I was in the midst of my crazy addiction! Definitely not a place I want to revisit! Thank you for the boost I probably needed to file the report. At this point I don't believe I have any other choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:27 pm 

Both Jonathan and Rule have given you excellent advice. The only think I would add is that you really need to get yourself a safe and store your meds there. I went on a long car trip a couple summers ago and I got a car safe that attached to the trunk door to keep my meds in. I also have a safe in my home which I don't use currently, but I could if I needed to.

Next time that a**hole comes looking, he should not be able to find anything left out in the open. I have no idea how your daughters are dealing with the divorce, but one or both of them may have misplaced loyalty to their dad. So keeping the meds out of their reach too is a smart idea.

Good luck! I hope the police report does the trick and that you can go back to living your drama-free life! :)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Both Jonathan and Rule have given you excellent advice. The only think I would add is that you really need to get yourself a safe and store your meds there. I went on a long car trip a couple summers ago and I got a car safe that attached to the trunk door to keep my meds in. I also have a safe in my home which I don't use currently, but I could if I needed to.

Next time that a**hole comes looking, he should not be able to find anything left out in the open. I have no idea how your daughters are dealing with the divorce, but one or both of them may have misplaced loyalty to their dad. So keeping the meds out of their reach too is a smart idea.

Good luck! I hope the police report does the trick and that you can go back to living your drama-free life! :)

Amy

More excellent advice! I actually had a safe at one point and he broke in to that! I think a more sturdy one is the answer. If I can get through the next couple of days I will implement all of the advice given! I honestly don't even think he takes these. I don't know that for sure. I just think he wants me to revert back to that old addictive behavior so that it will help him in the divorce. I refuse to ever let him have that power over me again!! Whether you know it or not this has helped me tremendously! So far I'm not feeling TOO bad. Thanks to all of you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like you've been on Subutex for a good while and that you've been a good patient for your doctor the whole time? If so, I would call him first thing Monday morning, explain to him what happened and plead for an appointment that day. If this is the first time this has happened to you, I would think your doctor would understand.

Seeing as you were on a high dose, you should have a decent amount built up in your system, but I don't know if you have 5 days worth?

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo wrote:
It sounds like you've been on Subutex for a good while and that you've been a good patient for your doctor the whole time? If so, I would call him first thing Monday morning, explain to him what happened and plead for an appointment that day. If this is the first time this has happened to you, I would think your doctor would understand.

Seeing as you were on a high dose, you should have a decent amount built up in your system, but I don't know if you have 5 days worth?

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Thank you! I will follow up and let you know what happens. I appreciate all of you reaching out to me. It has helped a lot!