It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ready to stop
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been visitor to this site for some time. This is one of best, most truthful sites I've ever seen on addiction and suboxone. Thank you for posting your stories. Even though I've never commented, many of you have helped me in some of my darker days. I've been on Sub for almost two yrs now. I found Dr who rx'd sub in area and started a successful treatment program. I started on 16mg a day to cope with 5 yr addiction to painkillers after accident &show major surgery. The last yr of my addiction I jumped to roxys or oxy. I was spiraling out of control. Suboxone has a lifesaver to me. The first year has helped me clear my mind and come out fog of addiction. I felt so much better. The past year I have been on a slow taper. I gradually made it to 2mg daily for several months. Now I'm on 1mg for past 3weeks. I have to say its been hardest yet. My fatigue, depression and insomnia is increased. I am no longer under MD care because of insurance &money reasons. I am ready to get off subs completely but terrified of withdrawal. I have read so many blogs and threads on advice with weaning safely the rest of way. I'm nervous and scared and don't want to ruin holidays with withdrawals. Any advice with this last BIG step is greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Georgiagirl, Congrats for making it to 1mg, you're almost there! Sorry to hear about the Ins/Money issues that's really gotta be disheartening. Do you have enough sub to finish your taper? If not maybe your Dr. would write you a script for enough to finish, it can't hurt to ask.

Keep posting, there are a lot of people here who are willing to help and support you thru this.

Blessings,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Georgiagirl, Hello!!!!! and Welcome to this wonderful forum,,, Whow, You are doing great... Just keep your eyes on the prize. I hope you have enough to last through the Holidays!!!!!
From what I've read it is best to go at it as slowly as possible to make an easier jump. I'm just beginning my journey. Glad you said it gave you time to clear your head, I'm hoping I can do the same.
Good Luck Georgia,
Mel :wink:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi georgiagirl and welcome. I'm glad to hear the forum has helped you, even as a lurker. It's great that suboxone has done it's job and helped you to be ready to go without out it soon. You sound ready!

Now that you've gotten to 1 mg, believe it or not, this might be the hardest part. Or at least it is for some people. Even though it sounds like a low dose, you've still got a long way to go. I wouldn't plan on being off over the holidays, if it were me. In my opinion, give yourself plenty more time to get even lower before you stop altogether. Laddertipper, our most recent member who tapered successfully, jumped (stepped) off at 1/6th of a mg. She's doing GREAT!

Depending on how you feel at 1 mg, you might want to stay there for awhile before dropping down a bit more. Just keep listening to your body. Make small drops and allow your body to adjust to them before dropping again. The slower you drop, the less discomfort you will feel.

I hope this helps. Keep up the good work! You're doing great!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.