It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi I am new and i am sick and tired of being sick &tired i live in canada and it is year and a half wait for treatment. I have been able to get suboxzone 8s and 2s.
How do i use them i have enough for ten days, i have been eating fentanyl patches for about a year for no other reason than i am a addict.
I know i need counselling to stay clean, but what kind and how will telling someone my shitty life story help me. I have been clean before i was on methadone and it really worked for me, but i choose to go with my daughter to see her babys ultrasound instead of my appointment and from there on out my doc gave me a hard time,so i just quit going. Now that im getting high again i hate it. i want to stop and i know i have to be in moderate withdrawls to start suboxzone. any info or advice is gratly appreciated.

thanks kim697

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are not in a good spot to 'make it'; fentanyl saturates fatty areas and takes a long time to clear from your body; I have people who use fentanyl wait as long as possible before starting Suboxone-- at least a few days, and preferably a week or so.

Short term use of Suboxone is not that useful unless it is a step into a residential treatment program. If that is not an option (nobody ever thinks it is an option, but at some point, if you cannot get clean, you just have to do it to save your life) the other option for complete sobriety is TOTAL immersion in a 12 step program-- i.e. 90 meetings in 90 days plus reading everything you can find about AA. Therapy really isn't that helpful; you are correct to be skeptical about the value of telling your story... because us addicts can tell our sad stories without really giving a shit! When we dig deep inside for the 'real' me, we find that there IS NO real me-- not when we are using. So you need group therapy, with other addicts including some who are sober, who can help serve as guides to show you the way. To get clean without Suboxone you must change WHO YOU ARE. It is NOT about education... you must change, bu letting go of who you used to be.

Given the drug you were on, you might be someone who needs long term Suboxone. Find a doc who prescribes it, and stay on it until you have different friends and a different life. Then you can taper off, very very slowly. Just a thought; your odds of survival would certainly be higher with that approach.