It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: ready to start induction
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so I tried this b4 n things went terribly wrong I got very sick so I decided I'd rather b on H then go thru the pain I was feeling its been almost a wk and I'm ready to give the subs another chance . Its been 12 hrs since I used H n I'm starting to feel a lil achy n nausous how much longer should I wait ? Can anyone give me advise on wat I should to I'm so scared bc of the severe withdrawls I went thru last time

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Check out this link, it's called the COWS (Clinical Opiate Wd Scale). It will help you score yourself to see if you're in enough wd to start Suboxone safely.

http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf

The verbage at the bottom of the sheet says a score of 5 to 6 is sufficient, but I've found Heroin users usually need to score much closer to 18 or so before they're ready.

When you do start Suboxone, I would start with 1mg or so to make sure it doesn't make you feel worse. 1mg or 2mg isn't usually enough to precipitate wd.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I couldn't open the link.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did you induce?

How long did you wait last time when you got sick? 18-24 hours is generally an ok time frame with heroin. Any longer and most people will resort back to dope, which is not worth it. If you decide to take something closer to the 18 hour mark, rather than the 24hour mark, make sure you test a small amount. Like a chip.. 1 mg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Go to the induction section of the forum. There is a sticky at the very top titled "COWS induction flow sheet". It's the same information Romeo tried to give you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm having such a hard time wit thIs I gave my fried a sub he took it only 9 hrs after usin H n was fine so I called him again this am n he said he feels great so I decided to try again I waited 16 hrs I took 2mg n 10 mins later I was sick as a dog tremmors sweating n body aches I really wanna do this I'm going to give it 1 more try... Maybe its just not for me m open to any suggestionsi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The thing is, once you get PWs, you won't get them again with another sub dose. So your best bet would have been to just take more suboxone to start filing your receptors. IF you are going to get PWs, the first dose will do it, not the subsequent doses. Hopefully you'll have better luck next time, 16 hours after your last H dose would have been sufficient for most people and I'm willing to bet would have been more than sufficient on the COWs chart, so you may have just been unlucky. Stick it out next time, I know it's hard (believe me, I do) but it's the only way it's going to work.