It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ready for a new life!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey All!!! Just wanted to give an update. Two wks ago I posted about my fears of sub trtmnt. I'm back to express how happy I am that I found help through a suboxone dr. I had my first appt ystrdy morning, and it couldn't have been easier. I feel lucky that i've found a dr that is willing to treat me with respect and actually guve me addiction counciling. I won't lie, the two wk wait to my appt was hell...almost freaked the night before due to WDs and lack of sleep and anxiety, but i'm glad I stuck it out! My dr's office was even running 1 1/2 hrs behind...thought I was gonna have a panic attack in the waiting room! So happy to have the support of my girlfriend, who was nice enough to text me words of encouragement the entire time I was waiting to be treated. I'm on my second day and I feel great....even got up early to make my girl brkfst. It feels like I have found myself again. I also feel so lucky to be alive and will be trying remember that a sober life is the only true way to enjoy every day. Thank all of you that have read my posts and have helped me in the past wks. Thanks to all the moderators that help ppl that need to hear their stories and words of encouragement. I know the real wrk starts now and I plan to stay connected here and share my stories and gather the stories of others in hopes to find a better way to live without drugs. Thanks!
Much Love,
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's fantastic news jdrummer78!! I'm so glad you came back and shared your story of success with us too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay for you!!! I've only been on subs 3 weeks and I cannot believe how much it has helped me. I never thought I'd be able to go 3 days without obsessing on my pills, much less 3 weeks! I was so scared to go through WD and go through the induction too, and everyone here on this forum helped ease my mind so much. It has totally changed my whole outlook on life and helped me become more positive. I can relate to where you said it feels like you found yourself again and that you feel lucky to be alive. I haven't felt that in soooo many years, and then, from day 1 on Suboxone, I started seeing things differently and feel positive about life for the first time in a long time. My boyfriend says I'm a much more pleasant person to be around and can't believe how nice I am now...LOL!! My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. Congratulations on your new way of life jdrummer!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Congratulations jdrummer! It feels good huh?

How much sub did you start with? I started at 8mg and felt the same as you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks orange!!! It does feel good. No chase...no stress...no guilt. I was prescribed 8mgs in the AM and 4 at night...if I need it. I'm stickin with just 8 for now. So pleased with the results. Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so happy for you that you made it through your fears. They are so normal. It would be great if you stuck around and shared your experience with new people who are going through exactly what you went through. There are so many who share your fears and trepidation about starting suboxone.

Again, I'm glad you had a smooth induction. Oh and welcome to the forum. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Hat! I plan on stickin around this forum for as long as it's here. On my third day and still feel great. I'm a bit tired, but I think that's from the yrs of abuse. I've been able to focus on my new girlfriend, family, and Me! Thanks to you and all the moderators here who have treated me with great respect and love. I hope I can do the same for others. It's been quite a ride for me, and i'm so grateful to still be around to see things bloom outside my window and in me this spring...cheesy but true. Thanks!!!!!!
Much Love,
J