It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: THIS!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lindah wrote:
I am absolutely amazed at this reaction. I expected some but not this.
I first came to this forum in an effort to get off suboxone. I was very suprised to see how many people are having such difficulty quitting a drug that was supposed to help them with their addiction problems. Yes, I made a mistake. I had no addictions when I started taking it. It never even crossed my mind while I was taking it. Like suboxone, I had never even HEARD of Kratom before I saw that post from blueindian. I'm not part of a drug scene and never was with the possible exception of the pot and acid in the 60's and 70's. The prescriptions I have been addicted to in the past were always prescribed by my BLUE CROSS APPROVED doctors for years before I knew there was a problem. AND yes, I eventually started getting more from other people because my prescriptions weren't enough JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
Prescriptions from doctors started back in the day when I was prescribed valium, nembutol, seconal, parest (methaqualone) etc. because I had anxiety attacks or a little trouble sleeping. These were prescribed by THE DOCTOR WHO DELIVERED ME.
It was never a case where I was out prostituting myself for drugs. This was back in the 60's & 70's. I went through years raising a family with NO drugs (except alcohol) after this. Then I had some problems after my children were grown and started seeing a psychiatrist who started with the benzos, remeron, trazadone, librium and so on. Went to rehab at one point but detoxed myself eventually. For the past five years there was never anything except an occasional xanax or hydrocodone. AND BTW Laddertipper my CHILD is 32 years old --not in utero.
Maybe some of you do need to be on this drug forever but there are are millions of people who have been addicted to this, that and the other and who have successfully gotten off and never gone back. I was just extremely surpised at the addictiveness of the drug and how incredibly powerful it is. Even though I may not have the same problems as the rest of you, I still think it's a dangerous drug. This kratom is helping us get rid of something we never should have started in the first place. I wanted to share this information the way it was shared with me. I hope someone who has run across this site will take my information and run. I watched this site for months looking for some kind of help and I finally got it.
What a bunch of hypocrits you are.
Disect this!

I'm sorry but I just think your position is ridiculous and dangerous. Think about it....prescription or not, you have described your experience with getting dependent on one thing after another over many years and then being angry later. Eventually, you got onto Suboxone and are upset because it is powerful and habit-forming....just like the benzos you got off of earlier. Now you are taking Kratom....once again, something you will get dependent on. If Suboxone is so terrible because people become dependent on it, then what about Kratom? Aren't you dependent on Kratom, and if not, then why are you taking it? Should people on this site take your 'information' and run to Kratom and become dependent on that instead? Do you see how this just sounds ridiculous?

I'm not saying this because I'm trying to push Suboxone. I'm actually no longer on Suboxone and I don't think every single person must stay on it forever. I was not part of the drug scene or a prostitute. I was dependent on Suboxone, which I actually started for pain and not opiates. I'm still tapering off Klonopin and have that monkey on my back even now. I'm not on any high horse, believe you me. I just think you are missing the bottom line. Obviously, you did not have a doctor prescribing Sub to you 'for no reason'. So, you were taking it illicitly. I'm not saying that makes you any kind of lesser person, but you can't take your experience, which was all a result of your own irresponsible/addictive behavior, and then try to convince other people taking Sub that they are doing something wrong. It just does not add up.

And I highly recommend you drop the victim thing. You are responsible for whatever happens to you if you seek out a drug that you don't need and take it, even though you know basically nothing about it. That is addict behavior and you need to get help to understand that, until you own your own actions completely, you will keep messing up over and over and over......and over, as evidenced by the fact that you are now on Kratom and thinking it is all good. Do you really think you have gotten anywhere?

I get that your son is not in utero. He's my age. But it's still odd to me that someone will own that they and their child started a drug they didn't need but are now mad at the drug. There's something fairly unhealthy about that dynamic. I'm trying to imagine my mom doing that....but I can't.

Look out for yourself, Lindah. I've finally learned this lesson. It will save you a ton of trouble and nobody else is going to be responsible for your life.

LT

Post subject: Re: THIS!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The people here don't have a problem with what you've done Lindah, or how Kratom is your personal magic bullet.

Lindah wrote:
This kratom is helping us get rid of something we never should have started in the first place..

Suboxone was a drug YOU never should have started in the first place. This is exactly is why people have a problem with your writing. Most everyone else here didn't expect Suboxone to be the miracle cure you expected it to be.

Your problem is clearly with addiction, and expectations. What you don't notice, is that you're making EXACTLY the same mistake now with Kratom as you did with Suboxone. You seem to think that it has cured your addiction to opioids, and that it will be easy-as-pie to come off.

Come back here when you try to get off it. Then we will be glad to help. Until then, don't preach to other people what they should and shouldn't have started. It was YOUR mistake, not ours. And if you carry on with this attitude, you will keep making these mistakes over and over.

When you post, read the rules in the pink window maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[align=center]Posting Rules

Please do not debate the 'Pros and Cons of Suboxone' --
this forum is for people who have made their choice whether
it be for Suboxone, for Methadone, or for meetings and no meds.

PLEASE Do not get into debating which is better!

Please show the respect for the decisions of others
[/align]

Just in case...if these rules had been adhered to from the start, this entire thread wouldn't exist.

Unlike some people, I knew exactly what I was doing when I went for suboxone -- Opiate REPLACEMENT Therapy. I was replacing a FULL Opiate Agonist with a PARTIAL Opiate Agonist.
I knew full well what I was doing, and was even told that Suboxone had some addictive qualities. But unlike OXYCONTIN...which if I went to a regular primary care physician and asked for, I would be told that "Im too young to be placed on something that strong..."
Suboxone, I can go and get because I've been in treatment for an addiction to opiates that I acquired mostly on the street.

The lortabs and such, I was given by doctors...but Oxycontin, I was never prescribed.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: ANY OPINIONS ??
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:36 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys iam new to this site and i have a bunch of questions. I will be taking a pre employment drug test soon for a job and iam very very worried. All i take is suboxone and NOTHING else... i have been clean for a year and a half now and only been on suboxone. This job is basically a government job and includes me getting my security clearance soon at one point or another as well while im on the job. I'am going to be working for a private company that is contract based and with the U.S govt. ( my job is basically being a LINGUIST and going overseas and being with the U.S military in the middle east ). Its basically like being a civilian govt employee. Anyways to get to my questions it was : Do you guys think suboxone will come up and show in the drug test ? Do you think bupe will be part of the testing panel for this job ? is it possible it will show up as an opiate because ive heard some say subs are a derivative of THEBAINE ? What type of drug test do you think they give if its for govt employees and what test panel will it be ? Will it be a 10 panel or 12 panel in your opinion ? Ive heard subs show on 12 panels for bupe... and btw iam legally prescribed for subs and when i asked my doc she said it wont show up unless specifically tested for but IDK she seemed really unsure when she said it. If worse comes to worse and they do find subs in the drug test i will show them proof that iam legally prescribed to it and show them the bottle with my info and all but i really hope that doesnt happen because if it does iam basically screwed and they wont hire me because theyll see that iam on suboxone and itll look bad 2 them in their opinion because its used for substance abuse...... can they use that agaisnt me and not hire me if they find out ? sorry guys i know i just asked like 100 questions but im just very worried and nervous and basically cant stop thinking about the situation at all and really need this job... and no i cant go cold turkey and go through withdrawls but if i have to then i guess i will idk ill see. THANKS FOR READING EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AS WELL. sorry for being annoying and typing alot and PLEASE HELP MEE!!!! Any advice and expert opinions who know what there talking about would be really appreciated thanks again guys ! hope to hear from ya =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome Knicks.

You have posted that in another thread already. What'd be best for you would be to start up a new thread in the Misc Suboxone forum that way everyone can help u out.

Post subject: JUST one more thing.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Again, I made a mistake. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I only came on here to pass this information along to someone or anyone who may be able to use it. I didn't post here to antagonize any of you. Since I have been reading your stories for the past few months I have been incredibly impressed at how you all try to help each other and show each other such respect. I wish you all well in your endeavors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I would use Kratom to keep me "well" or use it at the end of a taper. While it does help in that situation, it isn't really appropriate to suggest its use hear. Suboxone is far more preferable to Kratom when one really wants to quit. When I was using kratom, I knew that I would eventually start using again. Such was the nature of my use. Kratom has a much more noticeable buzz than Sub.

Far far far too often a person (and even more frequently said person's family members/friends) blame the drug/medication for the persons problems. A drug is an inert substance. It has no personality or intentions. Suboxone, if used correctly and in the right circumstances is a huge tool in many people's arsenal.

Post subject: kratom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Be very careful in deciding to use kratom to get off of suboxone. When I started with suboxone I was taking 24 mg a day. I weaned myself down to where I was just taking 1 mg per day but couldn't seem to get below that. I desperately wanted off of the suboxone and read about kratom, decided to try it. The kratom does work. I was able to stop the suboxone. But I QUICKLY became addicted to the kratom. I needed to take more and more of it to get the same feeling from it. I've been taking it for four months now. I wake up every morning in withdrawal and have to take it and wait for it to take effect before I can even get out of bed. For me, the withdrawals from the kratom are just as bad as the withdrawal were with oxycodone, which is why I went on suboxone in the first place. And so now I am going to go back on the suboxone again, to get off the kratom. Back to square one. :(

I read so many good things about the kratom, that is wasn't addictive, that it was actually good for your body. But let me tell you it IS addictive. There IS withdrawal and for me it's just as bad as opiate withdrawal. And just like regular opiates you will find yourself taking more and more to get that euphoric feeling. For me, it also was very constipating, I had lots of energy but NO motivation (it gives energy but makes it difficult to concentrate so you end up just lying around, watching tv, doing nothing), and lately (I think because of all the plant matter one is ingesting) I find that I have lots of stomach aches. With the suboxone tapering, the worst thing for me was the RLS. And I never wanted to take more and more of the suboxone.

Just wanted to let you all know how it went for me. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to use to get off of suboxone. I'm starting back on the suboxone tomorrow. I've read on this forum a lot but I've never posted. I felt like I needed to tell others of my experience though, so maybe others won't make the same mistake I did. Kratom is no miracle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

stephent wrote:
Far far far too often a person (and even more frequently said person's family members/friends) blame the drug/medication for the persons problems. A drug is an inert substance. It has no personality or intentions.

Snap