It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone you have the Power to quit taking anything you want. I have to say I believe it has alot to do with the mind. I was taking alot of dope, pills, herion, Subs, everything. The easiest detox I ever had was in jail and then sadly prison. I barley felt any withdraw because my mind was more worried about going to prison and not getting killed by someone that i barley noticed I was withdrawing. Plus I knew I had no access to these drugs at all so I kninda just forgot about it. I guess on the street you just sit there and think about it all freaking day and that makes it worst. So occupy you mind mow the lawn do labor work out even if it is from morning to night and before you know it your fine. I have to say that being sober for years in prison I acually felt great at the time it was awsome. When your addicted you are in prison. Trust me when i got readdicted I felt just like I was back in prison sitting in my room. So stop free yourself be strong minded. Love yall good luck........

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Those things are easier to say than they are to accomplish. For someone who has their free will stripped, whether by the justice system, or other means, then addiction doesn't take priority. But for someone who has free will, it becomes impossible to live life on life's terms because the addict mind doesn't allow it. I'm sure probably 95% or more of us have been dope-sick here, and we know when we're dope-sick that we will do almost anything, depending on the time since last opiate. Some who have been sick longer will do more desperate things ...with time being the main factor in amount of desperation.

I never got so desperate that I did things that crossed the line of basic human values. As a guy, I still maintained being "not that bad"...but how long before I would've crossed the line into doing whatever it took? Who knows.
I know lots of girls in the area I live in who will trick in a heartbeat for some pills...they don't think twice about it. Many of them I know from school, and they were once very nice, pretty young women. But, wild lifestyles and doing things out of desperation to keep their addiction fed has turned on them.
What's worse is the people who expect this behavior from the girls...knowing they'll get desperate enough to stoop to that, whether it be sexual favors...etc. Anyone, dealer or wannabe dealer who does that deserves a special place in hell...knowing what I know about addiction now, I am glad I never did that with any of my 'friends' at the time. And I know there was one female in particular that was to the point of desperation...I could've easily manipulated her if I was that sort of person...but I felt like she was a friend, and I just couldn't morally do that to someone else...
But the addict mind is a strange beast. I was in jail and forced to clean-up while locked up...it's not fun and not the ideal way you want to have opiates leave your body.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

QuitIT wrote:
Hello everyone you have the Power to quit taking anything you want. I have to say I believe it has alot to do with the mind. I was taking alot of dope, pills, herion, Subs, everything. The easiest detox I ever had was in jail and then sadly prison. I barley felt any withdraw because my mind was more worried about going to prison and not getting killed by someone that i barley noticed I was withdrawing. Plus I knew I had no access to these drugs at all so I kninda just forgot about it. I guess on the street you just sit there and think about it all freaking day and that makes it worst. So occupy you mind mow the lawn do labor work out even if it is from morning to night and before you know it your fine. I have to say that being sober for years in prison I acually felt great at the time it was awsome. When your addicted you are in prison. Trust me when i got readdicted I felt just like I was back in prison sitting in my room. So stop free yourself be strong minded. Love yall good luck........

Wow....why didn't I think of that?

I think I'm cured!!!!! Whew, I'm glad that's over with. :roll:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If it was that easy, there wouldn't be waiting list to see a Suboxone doctor, this site or a high suicide rate for people in active addition/withdrawl. I have never been to jail (thank God) but I easily could have. If I had been locked up and had no way to ease or stop the withdrawls, then I guess eventually..maybe...I would stop thinking about getting more but I seriously doubt it