It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I totally respect you not wanting to turn this thread into a Bup debate - and don't want to do that either. Just waned to state my observations, which I've done. It's always nice when finding something we both can agree on, and just reading your statement:

"I just think the doctors are wrong for keeping me on 24mg dose of the drug for over two years. :p"

I can say we totally agree. That is beyond nuts. I think many people have clearly proven to themselves - just like you have - that 4mg (or less) will do just as much for the stable user that 24 mg will - but will do it with less side effects and problems - not to mention way less cost! Now, I say a stable user, because while being on 1 mg may well maintain the stable user, the dabbler or unstable person will likely find it way too easy to get high while on 1 mg of Bup. That is a clear downside. But for anyone without that partial using/dabbling in actual opiates issue, anything over 4 mg or perhaps at the to level 6 mg is wasted with the bonus of increased side effects and far greater medication cost.

It's great that you have been able to show for everyone, and confirm for some, that dropping down to 0.25 is not that hard. I just spoke with another "old" long-time poster here who also dropped at 0.25 but after being at it for years and reported little to no physical issues. Still fighting cravings and temptations but withdrawal and PAWS was minimal. You tapered much faster so things may not go as smoothly for you. If you do have to revert back to your Plan B and use some Bup, you have to do whatever you can to only go back to 0.25. Then stay at that level for several months and try again. You'll likely do it on your second attempt - and I ONLY say this is you even have to invoke Plan B. With your motivation you well may not have to. Just remember the ultimate goal is not to get off of Bup - the ultimate goal is to not relapse. Please don't forget that for if you do, you can well win the battle while you lose the war. It's far better to have to go back on Bup for a short time than be back in active addiction for any amount of time.

Best of luck. I'll be reading along.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 37
Day 1 no sub

12:00PM
So far today hasn't been so bad. I woke up feeling a little down, knowing I didn't have the sub to jump start my day. So I popped a multivitamin and laid in bed a bit longer watching the Today show. After a while I convinced myself there's nothing I can do about it so I packed up my stuff and got ready for the day. I made it to work and got a few things done. I'm about to travel home, and I'll have the next 9 days off work. The week after that, I won't be traveling, but working from home.

So far it hasn't been all that bad today. My stomach has been hurting a little, but I think this is to be expected. I haven't really been low on energy. I think the worst thing at this point is being a bit nervous about the week to come. I'm trying to remain excited, but the nervousness seems to overwhelm that feeling.

I don't expect many problems today, as from doing this in the past the symptoms usually kick in on day 2 or 3. But, I'll try to update later when I get home.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

feeling ok?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 38
Day 2 no sub

10:00PM
Today hasn't been all that bad. I can tell some lack of energy, but I was able to fight it and remain active most of the day. Last night I got out to see Hunger Games 2. Today I bought an xbox game that has been able to occupy my mind.

Took 1 flex to help with some minor muscle aches. So far though, completely manageable. A few stomach pains in the morning as well.

Had no troubles sleeping, and am already tired. Day 3 coming up.

So far, also, I haven't even considered or fought with myself on doing more sub.

I'd give today an 8/10 for the muscle aches and stomach pains. Surprising, no lack of energy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 39
Day 3 no sub

10:00AM
Just woke up. Not really feeling bad at all. This is either good or bad. Either the WDs aren't going to as bad as I was thinking or they are taking longer to kick in. But if I remember right I should definitely be feeling it on day 3. So I'm happy so far! Will post more later today.

Didn't have any problems sleeping last night.

4:00PM
Started to have some muscle aches after taking a small nap. Took a flex to help out. Otherwise feeling fine at this point.

Love the ad for sub at the top of all these pages. Never noticed them til now. :p

Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised how I feel today. I know the WDs might take longer than this to kick in, but I know I should at least be feeling a little low on energy. But I find myself still running up stairs when there's no real need to do so.

If it stays like this, I think we've found the formula for getting off sub with minimal WD. Let the "sounds too good to be true" posts recommence, but everything I type here is the 100% truth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 40
Day 4 no sub

10:30AM
Ok, so here are the WD symptoms I seem to be having so far. Mind you they are mild, none of them are as nearly as bad as I had expected at this point.

Wake-up: Headache, malaise. Remedy: Aspirin, Multivitamin
Midday: Minor muscle aches. Remedy: Flexeril if bad.
Evenings, bedtime: Yawning, watery eyes. No remedies. No troubles sleeping.

The trick, for me, to staying on track through all this is to keep your mind busy. I've been able to do this with games. Before I jumped I didn't think I'd have the energy to be playing online MMORPG games but I have no problems at all.

Also, I've been taking some clonopin when I get anxious, but I'm nearly out of these. My boyfriend, who initially was going to do this with me, went out and bought some subutex last night and offered me some. I told him to not offer me any, ever. He can quit how he needs to, but I don't even need to hear those words at this point.

Yesterday I give a 9/10. It was a great day. This morning was a little rough but I feel it getting better already.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Im new here but I have been browsing this forum for months. ive been on sub for a little over 4 years. thats longer than i was using... i cant seem to get off of this stuff. im down to 4mg/day but i find myself abusing it also.

I looj terrible, ive gained 30 lbs. and ive become so damn lazy. i want nothing more than to get off of this stuff. but every day i tell myself, tomorrow. i also have no one to talk to about it...no one knows i am taking sub.

im hoping that my communicating on this forum willhelp a little.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello sakt and welcome to the forum!

I would suggest you begin your own thread so you can get lots of support along with different suggestions to help with your taper.

I would suggest you start that new thread in the Stopping Suboxone Section.
Here is the link to it....
stopping-suboxone-f3.html

Just click on the "new topic" on the left side and tell your story.. This thread belongs to RapidTaperer and responses will be mostly meant for that member. I realize you probably didn't know this. :D

There are several methods to tapering, but usually it's slow and steady that produces the least amount of problems. I'm sure you will receive lots of posts on the new thread.

Good luck!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

How are you holding up rapid? You should be feeling better by now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Where are you rapid? I fear the worst! You were doing so well keeping everyone updated. Please let us know how you are. I'm assuming the worst based on what often happens and more so your abrupt departure. No matter what has happened we are here to help you. I hope you'll let us know what has happened!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:15 pm 

Yes, I hope you are not checking in because you feel so great that you're just going on with your life! But we worry, so check in if you can.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just an update:

So it turns out my insurance started accepting sub again, so I went back to the doc. I am back on 8mg daily. I don't know why I didn't stick to the schedule. I just chalked it up is a failed attempt. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time here.

On the other hand, I can do this slowly now. I plan on reducing my 8mg every month, until the end of the year. I don't have a schedule, but I will be doing it at my pace. I think starting at 8mg, and having 9 months to do it, it should be no problem.

Of course, the real challenge is carrying it out.

I hope this thread serves as some help, as I really was doing fine. I had very minimal withdraws in the end. It was my cravings that did me in, and my insurance calling me saying they would cover it through 2015.

Thanks all for your support.
RT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BTW if anyone has any tips on how much I should reduce monthly would be great. 1mg, 2mg?

RT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow. I was searching for the rainbow at the end of this thread.:-/. I went from 8mg a day for 4+ years to 4mg and stayed there for one week. I stayed at each drop for 7 days. I went from 4mg to 2mg. Stayed for a week and then dropped to 1.5mg. Above 2mg I had no problem dropping. Small doses are a different story. I stayed at 1.5mg for 7 days which for me was just enough time to level out. I went from 1.5mg to 1mg. I then dropped from 1mg to .5mg. Again staying at each dose for 7 days. I then went from .5mg to .25mg with no problem and stayed at .25mg for 4 days before making my jump. Today is now day 12 sub free. I have had minimal discomfort. The first 4 days were the worst mainly due to lack of energy. After that things have seemed to improve daily. I am 16wks pregnant and if I can do it so can u. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you, whitneyt.

I wish I could've provided a light at the end of this thread, and I'm as disappointed in myself as anyone reading this that I didn't complete it. I think it will be much easier now that I have 9 months. Glad to hear about the minimal pain, etc.

Thanks for the reply, and great job! You're my hero. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Don't be ridiculous! You haven't disappointed anyone. You're doing what you need to do to remain healthy and out of active addiction. Don't even trip. You didn't waste anyone's time.

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just a quick update.

Today I am going down from 8mg to 4mg (half a strip). I plan on staying at this level for a month and a half. I can tell the 8mg is too much, because it makes me feel "high". So, to me that means it's safe for a drop. Also, I think 45 days is safe until I drop again?

My goal now is to be off by the end of the year. I'd love to make it sooner and to start skipping days, etc. But I think a long taper is a good option. My insurance covers 90% of the cost of the strips anyways until then. Also my doc prescribes me 3 strips per day, so I will have plenty stockpiled.

Maybe I should (if I can?) change the name of this thread. A failed rapid taper, then a long taper attempt." :)

Wish you all the best!
RT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And here I am, months later and still on 4mg sub daily.

I still really want to taper myself off this drug, but my doctor isn't weening me. I've been going there for nearly 3 years now and they still give me 3 8mg strips daily. I was hoping my doctor weening me would help me, but it looks like I'm either going to have to ween myself or tell him I am ready (easier said than done).

As a side note, I think I've found a side affect of Suboxone not many know about. I've always noticed something was different while on this drug, but couldn't wrap my finger completely around it. I can't daydream or hold a visual image for more than a few seconds, without my mind trying to forget about it.

I think I described this as being like a robot earlier in this thread. I'm glad I finally know what it is.

Anyways, I'm still here, still prescribed way more than needed and still want to get off the drug. But, I know this will be hard unless my doc is ready to help me instead of looking at his own wallet.

RT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:50 pm 

Why dont you tell your dr your weening down yourself. 4 mgs?, does he even know?
Why take the 3va day script.? I dont get this.
It isnt the drs fault. Your doing this yourself. Wallet? How much money is he making off of you anyhow?..
You want off sub, just keep dropping and tell the dr..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Why dont you tell your dr your weening down yourself. 4 mgs?, does he even know?
Why take the 3va day script.? I dont get this.
It isnt the drs fault. Your doing this yourself. Wallet? How much money is he making off of you anyhow?..
You want off sub, just keep dropping and tell the dr..

I actually heard the doctor in the hallway say he would lose money if he lost patients, he is definitely weary of getting rid of patients.

And sure, I know I'm doing this to myself. I'm an addict. It's what we do. Let's get this clear, I don't take the 24mg daily. And no, he doesn't know I only take half of one. I get as many as I can since they are free.

If I tell the doctor, I think he'd just say it's not a good idea. I don't know how much he makes off me, but the script is 300/mo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next