It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 8
Dose: 4mg

3:00PM
I took my dose a couple hours ago. I can tell my body is getting used to this dose. I have two more days at this dose, and I don't expect any WDs. I hope anyways. So far it's been smooth sailing. Who would've thought? Coming down from 16-24mg to 4mg and no pains. Even still makes you feel good at times. Makes you wonder, why was I taking so much?!

I got my travel plans for work. I will be travelling and staying at a hotel for the last 3 weeks of my taper. Then the week after, the week I plan on jumping, I get 9 days at home, no work, just to lay around the house and recover. Then, it's back to travel. I don't expect to be completely over the WD by then, so I will either have to tough it out. If things are unbearable and I feel I won't be able to do my job, I'll have some for backup - although this will only be done if I feel awful and NEED it to retain my job. I don't think I'll do this, though, as I do have the willpower.

Thanks again everyone. The path has been long but is much, much longer. But for those looking to make a large taper to 4mg, go for it! There's really been nothing to complain about. Will the rest of the taper be like this? I could only hope so. :)

7:00PM
I was talking with my mom about my worries about feeling bad while on travel. She said "you are worrying about future, you need to only worry about today". This is something I need to work on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 9

Again I find myself questioning why I am doing this, and have to force myself to stop thinking about it. I wonder, if I take my dose in the morning then the same dose in the evening, will that hamper my tapering effort? Regardless, I've talked myself out of it, this time. I feel fine, I just miss feeling good. I really can't wait until all this is over, and my natural endorphins are flowing again.

I've been trying to find something good to occupy my mind. Gaming (Diablo 3) has worked good, but I get bored of it then my mind starts wondering. Maybe I should look into reading. I bet reading some NA or AA books would help. Maybe that's a good place to start, inspirational stories. Anyone have any suggestions?

11:30PM
Thanks, Amy! It's word like that that bring to light how important this is for myself, and the reminder I need. It's been a relaxing evening, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It'll be Saturday, I get to sleep in and enjoy my last 4mg dose. :)

Last edited by rapidtaperer on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:15 pm 

RT, I imagine that the second guessing you've been experiencing is your addiction raising its ugly head. I would never do a rapid taper myself, but I still think that you can stick to your plan and do this! I know these feelings of depression and not feeling good are hard to deal with, but it's still possible for you to power through and follow your schedule.

I wish you the absolute best and just wanted to give you a positive "bump" and remind you that you are strong enough to do this!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You are an inspiration, trust me!!! Like Amy said, addiction is rearing its ugly head. It's one thing that keeps us from getting off of suboxone, that exact feeling. "How could ONE time hurt?" And it may not. But, that one time will turn into an every day thing. Or could. Its easy to give into our minds, not so easy to talk ourselves down. You should really commend yourself!!!

I gave in to the thought of "one time can't hurt". And it turned into 3 weeks and me back on Sub. I'm currently 17 days off again.

I promise you that when you're completely done, you're going to feel GREAT!!!! 10x better than any dosage of Sub can make you. And powering through this is only going to make you feel better!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 10

6:00PM
Thanks, momat! And congratulations on day 17! I'm powering through :) Although thus far it hasn't really been bad. Just fighting with my mind to stay on track mostly. Not much in terms of pain, though I know it's right around the corner.

Today is my last 4mg day. Tomorrow I cut in half to 2mg. We'll see how the week treats me.

Diablo, please keep my mind occupied.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Woohoo!!! Getting down to 2mg! Keep it up!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just remember why you are doing this and know the feelings you are having are temporary. I also always needed to feel good and suboxone or other opiates was the only way. As you get lower you will have to adjust to the fact that you won't have that dose to make you feel good and catch that small buzz anymore. It's like grieving the loss of a close friend, it will be tough to not have that drug to look forward to everyday. But with time, and I have only a couple months, these feelings and thoughts absolutely fade. You will start feeling great with nothing and that habit of looking at the clock all day, planning your next dose so you can feel good, will be gone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey RT,

You are doing great! I know you can do this! The next drop may be a bit tougher, but I'll bet it won't be too bad. After a few days your body will adjust to the new lower dose and start to feel decent again.

Here's where you start putting in the real work. I think you have a great plan, and are commited to it. That is going to work in your favor. Don't stress too much about those days when you are second guessing yourself. You have already made it through several of those moments and came out victorious. It's just choosing to stick with it one day at a time. Try not to dwell too much on what you are going to feel like next week, or even the next day. Our addictions have a way of making us fear the unknown. Remember to focus only on what is real and not let your mind work itself up into fear of what may not even happen.

Keep us posted dude, you are rockin it so far!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 11

4:00PM
I wasn't able to cut down to 2mg today, as was scheduled. I fought with myself about it, and decided Mondays may be better to do this, since I'm not really experiencing any pain at the moment, and work will help better occupy my mind. I'm not going to alter the rest of the taper schedule though until I see how this week goes. Tomorrow I will definitely be cutting the dose in half. I'm a little disappointed I wasn't able to do it today, but I'm still on track. I just didn't feel ready, and the addict within me won. I'll let him win, but just this one, small victory. Could've been worse; I could've stuffed three strips in my mouth as I used to. But that'll never be happening again. :)

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I do need to stop looking forward so much and just worry about today. I will work on this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 12
Dose: 2mg (Down from 4mg)

1:00PM
I took my 2mg dose about an hour ago, and I gotta say, I feel fine. I really didn't expect it to do much for me, but much like the first time I cut my dose in half, I'm pleasantly suprised at the results. I'm not sick, and it actually feels like I took last week's half. I guess most of this is mental.

When tearing apart my sub into four pieces, I realized I'm going to need a better method of cutting the strips when I get down to smaller doses. .25mg is my smallest dose, which is 1/32 of a strip of I've done my math correctly. I know I wont be able to tear the strip into pieces this small, and I probably won't be able to cut them either, acurately. Does anyone have any advice? Remember, I can't get the 2mg strips which would be ideal. I'm stuck with 8mg strips. I don't even know anyone that has 2mg strips that could trade. Maybe they sell a strip cutter? Something I need some more information on.

Also, I think I'm seeing the first sign of my body adjusting to the lower levels. I am having regular, daily "bowel movements". This is nice, though, after years of going once every 3 days or so. And those few times being very painful. Sorry if some of you did not want to hear this, but it's definitely a sign and should be documented. :wink:

3:30PM
I may have spoken too soon. My muscles are beginning to spasm a little bit, and my mood is a little down. I think these first few days may be hard while my body adjusts. I took my first Flexeril to help with the muscle cramps. As for the mood, I'll just have to deal with it.

Last edited by rapidtaperer on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello R.T.

Your getting down to the smaller doses now. Nice to see your updates as it really is helping so many others. I can tell you the best way I personally found to cut the strips into those smaller doses. It even works great for cutting the larger ones too!

All you need is a pair of tweezers, along with a pair of ladies cosmetic, or toenail scissors. They are usually very small and work perfectly for cutting those 8mg strips.

Hold the film firmly, but carefully with the tweezers and cut a strip in half. You will always get it plenty close enough just by eyeballing it. Cut the 8mg in half and you have 2 pieces of 4mg each. Cut those in half and you have 4 pieces that are all 2mg each. Once again cut in half and you end up with 8 pieces of 1mg each.

Cutting those 1mg pieces in half gets you pieces that are .50mg each, and another cut in halves gets you pieces that are .25mg each. You can of course go lower using the same method if needed.

Sometimes it's easier if you make your cuts across the diagonal of the smaller pieces as your guide. As I said, just eyeballing the cuts will get you close enough each time as it did for me.

All there is to it! I also used one of the foil wrappers the original film came in to store the cut up pieces. Make sure you mark how much each piece is in the wrappers or I promise you may forget at some point along the way.

Others may have other ways for cutting,, but this way work great for me each and every time! Good luck and keep up the great work R.T.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 pm 

Karen's idea is great and sounds tried and true. :)

Also, we have a forum member who goes by RXFCG who has created a template for cutting films. I've used his template to cut my strips with a straight razor and it has worked fabulously! Here's a link to his website: http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com/

And here is a link to his current thread detailing his taper:

made-25mg-jumping-thanksgiving-t9260.html

Hope this helps!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 13
Dose: 2mg

12:00PM
Wow, today was a bit rough for me. I woke up with stomach pains and, for the first time, the general feeling of "sub depression". I think this may be the norm while my body adjusts the first few days to the lower doses. It wasn't bad enough that I had ever considered going against what I am doing. Instead I hurried to take my 2mg dose (about 30 mins ago), which has already made me feel better. I feel normal. I'm not hyped, and I'm not sick. Just normal. I'm finally getting somewhere.

Oh - I also took a xanax. I don't usually take these but I do have a small reserve while quitting sub. I had some troubles sleeping last night. Not because of muscle pains. My eyes were watering and I could just tell my body didn't want to go to sleep. A couple of sleeping pills took care of this (quickly).

So to summarize, day 2 of a lower dose. A little bit of muscle problems early on in day 1, problems sleeping later that day, and woke up feeling pretty bad. However, just remembering why you are doing this and taking a few meds to counter act the WDs is all that is needed. The 2mg dose already has me feeling better.

Also, I won't be substituting one drug for another (as I did from pain pills to sub). The xanax and Flexs will only be taken when absolutely necessary - and not day after day. This is one thing I'm going to be very cautious of as things begin to get a bit more painful.

Anyways, I'm starting to ramble I think. Thanks everyone for the advice on cutting the subs. I don't think I'm gonna spent 5 dollars to download the taper PDF. Just sems weird. I like the idea using tweasers and very small scissors. I'll give this a try.

Thanks SO much for your support in these hard times.

3:30PM
Feeling much better now. No WD symptoms to report. Looks like the 2mg dose did the trick.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 14

1:00PM
Well today has been quite the interesting day. I woke up to find my basement flooded because of a broken pipe. I had to get all this situated before I could even think about doing my dose. After getting it all soaked up with a shopvak, I did my dose. It, once again, has taken away all pains. Feeling just fine today. I think my body is already begninning to level off at the current dose. Will report more later if anything starts to get worse. In the meantime, more water to be soaking up.

Feelinng fine. No depression, muscle aches, or stomach pains. Arm hurts a little, got the flu shot today. Had a very stressful, productive day. Made it through without any problems, such as weaklessness. Going to call today a good day. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 15

8:00PM
No troubles today. I can tell my body is getting used to the lower dose. I really hope it stays this way through Thanksgiving. :D

Just wanted to give a quick update. Hope everyone is doing well, and thanks again for the advice. I will definitely take it when I need to cut the strips into very small pieces.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I love the smiley faces you use to correspond with your moods for that day. brill! :lol: I've now learned to scan for your emoticon before reading your post so I know what I'm in for. So far so good!

Glad to hear you're doing well!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Maybe you should hang out on 2mg for a little while before you lower it again. I know you go by rapidtaper for a reason, but it may be easier on you to let you body adjust for longer on 2mg. Just a suggestion. great job tho man!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 16

4:00PM - Feeling: :)
Thanks living for the suggestion. Unfortunately I have to be at a low enough level by Thanksgiving week that I can jump then. I know I'm more than likely in for some WDs very soon, but remember I can adjust if needed. Although I am trying not to vary much from my original plan, as I feel like that would be a failure on my part.

I am going to extend the 2mg to Sunday, and go down to 1mg on Monday, since this seemed to work good for me this week. That gave me 7 days at 2mg. Since the halflife is 78 hours, shouldn't my body already be adjusted and ready for the next drop? I've always been confused by how sub works in your body/bain.

I'm so ready to be done! I know this might be hard to believe. But I'm ready to be sick. I want this to be done! I'm not going to let myself look into the future, though, as lots of you have suggested. But hurry up, Thanksgiving!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Actually RT, I believe you have the perfect attitude for the finish of your taper! You know what you want to happen and your going right after it. Nothing at all wrong with that in my opinion. I took the approach of maybe this (the taper) will be fairly easy to do if I remain positive, but I was always prepared if things did turn sour at any point and knew I could deal with it just fine.

Bottom line is how bad do you really want it?

L i v i n does have very good advice by suggesting a slow down and maybe sitting at 2mg a bit and letting your body make the necessary adjustments. That really does make good sense, and was also suggested to me at the time I was where you are now. But I also know you can take all advice and suggestions and apply it to your own thoughts and plan as to how you personally want it to go. I did the very same and adjusted my doses themselves, and the times between doses. If your mind and attitude is right, you can make it happen! It all worked out for me in the end.

Keep fighting just like you are now. It's so worth it I promise!

Karen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 17

11:00PM - Feeling: :)
Still no complaints. I am happy I was able to clean my whole house and get ready for travel on a tiny piece of sub. I never thought it would be like this. A good suprise. Thanks again for the support, everyone!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next