It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TeeJay wrote:
Sounds like something from a late night "fat buster" infomercial.

Our body replaces cells in our body every day, including fat cells. For someone who isn't exercising at all, fat cells turnover at 10% a year, so gradually they break back down into glycerol and are released "into the blood stream". It's not just fat cells that get renewed. Our blood is replaced every 6 months (which is why I was told not to try and have kids with my girlfriend 6 months after interferon because ribavirin binds to red blood cells and it isn't out of the body until 6 months after). Our muscle proteins turnover, our eyes, our skin ...

Couldn't Sub that's been stored in the fat be released into the blood stream as well? Could a gradual trickle of bupe molecules entering the blood stream, many at first but less and less over months / years, slow down the process of the brain returning to normal?

Just a theory, but is it possible that exercise speeds up PAWS because it's known that exercise speeds up this process of cell renewal?

No sorry its all wrong..No matter how much exercise you do it will make no difference in helping PAWS, be rest assured about this. If anything you'll be making yourself worse off because of the damage you'll be doing to yourself psychically..Recovering from suboxone gives the aches and pains so exercise will only make it worse and you can damage yourself dangerously. I know people do not want to believe this but its the truth. Exercise does not and will not do anything in the withdrawal or PAWS stage, unless your right near the end of the PAWS game and afterwards too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hessler, my experience and the experience of quite a few people on this forum is the exact opposite. I do not think that what you're stating above has any basis in fact.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Reguardless what anyone tells me, I could not taper off Suboxone. I had to do this. 2-3 weeks of acute withdrawals is too much. Yes I do have paws. But I get my a$$ up and exercise. Just ran 2 laps round my neighborhood and it's big. Worst 2 things are insomnia which I take meds for and mind numbness( no emotion). But compared to the hell of tapering and just cold turkey. It ain't so bad. Gets better each day and I will fight this. Also I don't have any body pain whatsoever. Wierd huh. I barely take any of the meds the detox place gave me but the sleep ones. I mainly take supplements. But hey it's 2 1/2 weeks since detox. I go back to work Monday. I can deal with this anyday compared to writhing in pain asking for my .38.

I do take the naltrexone and I have no cravings. May stop it in 1 month I just hate takin crap. Anyway I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One more thing. I agree with hatmaker that Paws is only the brain repairing itself. It is mental. I dont have any physical symptoms like pain or fatigue. Just odd random mind things and insomnia which is the mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One one more thing. Another drug stays in your fat cells for up to 2 months in chronic users. It's called Marijuana. I smoked it for 2 years everyday as a teen. Just quit one day. No weed Paws. Not sure what I'm tryin to say but it's food for thought. How does that relate to sub. If it stays in fat cells like marijuana where does it go? To the brain? I don't think it does... Never had weed flashbacks.... Anyone got thoughts on this let me know?

Post subject: 40 days will be tomorrow
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just an update... I stopped the sleep meds and pretty much all other meds 3 days ago, granted I wasnt abusing them. After reading how addictive GABA drugs are. I did not come this far to be addicted to other crap. Still ain't had an opiate craving thanks to naltrexone. Sleep and being lazy as heck are the only symptoms I got left pretty much. I do take a bunch of natural herbal stuff like teas, etc. I think it helps sleep. I just wanted to give an update, cause honestly I wouldn't have made it this far without the rapid detox. I personally just can't deal with brutal withdrawals.

Anyway for anyone going thru detox or quitting suboxone. Be careful with all these comfort drugs. Most are addictive too do your research. Valium ambien lunesta halcion from what I read have worse withdrawals than opiates. Also beware of phenibut, a legal "herb" for sleep. That worked great for me. Best sleep I had but highly addictive. And now in the trash. Honestly I thought the only 2 actual substances that could cause withdrawal were opiates and alcohol. So be careful. Glad I did my research. Hopefully in a week or 2 the sleep returns and laziness goes away. I'll try and keep posted.