It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am just trying to overcome the mental part of the sub detox which is really kicking my arse. Somedays I am able to take one dose only in the mornings but I am never able to put 4 days a row together which is what they say I need to do....It seems like when I drop y sub dose and I start to feel some sort of wd or side effects it kicks my brain into gear and my brain starts saying hey if you take a norco for your knee or a vicodin just 1 you will be ok.....My brain is really messing with me right now. I am almost in tears I know I sound like a baby and I have no right to complain after how far I have come in my journey and I hope I am not offended anyone or breaking any rules by even talking about this but. to me after 8 years on methadone. I really ant to try life with no MAT even if I have to go back onto it at some point. I feel like I owe it to myself and my fiancee. I got hooked on pain pills after numerous surgeries and injuries to my knee and my lower back and the sub is weird. It doesnt make you feel sedated or anything. It is just a regular opiate replacement therapy just like methadone. but for people that say coming off it is easy have no idea what they are talking about. After jumping from methadone like I did this summer I can say that this is a walk in the park compared to the methadone w/d and detox but that being said it is still not an easy detox or withdrawal and being as it is the withdrawl that I am going through now it seems so much more intense. Sorry for my rant guys I need to calm down and take it slow and remember slow and steady wins the race. The thing is that I only have so many ore SUBs so I am worried about doing it right and having enuff Sub to finish my detox while being able to work and take care of my family responsibilities @ the same time....I feel like a scumbag for even saying this but I have read where some people use a lowe dose like2.5-5mg of vicodin a day to come off the sub and just endure that microscopic withdrawal from the vicodin.

Thanks for listening to me rant and if anyone has seen anything or knows anything I might have missed...post the link I will be forever in your debt.

Scorp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Scorpio,

For some of us, opiate wd is a particularly painful experience. It seems like the physical part is fairly manageable, but for some of us, the mental pain is excruciating.

Unfortunately, I don't have any magic advice or cure all for you, all I know is I REFUSED to give up when those feelings hit me. As strong as Suboxone wd was for me, I was determined to be stronger than it was. Sure, I had weak moments, I had moments where I broke down and cried like a wee baby, but I NEVER gave up!!

I don't know what else to say to you, other than, don't give up!!

Oh Yeah, why don't you lower your stress levels and tell your family that you might not be able to take care of them for a few days, if you have to, take a day or two off work. You seem pretty worried about that stuff and that's only adding to your problems.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I tend to stress. thank you for responding. I am in the process of staying under 1mg a day and than jumping o .5mg a day or since i sem to be havig trouble with that switching to 1mg 1 day and .5mg the next day if i can and alternating that way because of the half life etc. I will have an average of .75mg in my bloodstream. If I can do that than I will tryo titrate down once more and than jump. I have had a really hard time with skipping days. I know the mental aspect of this is really getting to me especially since i have only been on sub a little over a month after over 7 years on methadone. cravings are very hard for me and i just kep reminding myself how much happier aim now than when i was in active....methadone and hydrocodone and oxycontin just do not appeal to me anymore i want to ahle my knee pain and back pain on lifes terms and get past all of this. I have felt so happy since getting on sub and off the methadone. I know I can do this. I really appreciate all of the support and being able to read all of the experience and stuff you Romeo and the other members have been the.

Scorp