It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am a 43 year old 20 year addict who was on 32mg of suboxone a day for 6 years. 4 8mg strips a day. I will say that at the time six years ago Suboxone saved my life! I was taking 160mg to 320mg OxyContin daily. I was doing WHATEVER needed to be done to get my daily high. At first I didn't care for the subs because I had to dissolve that big orange pill under my tongue a few times a day but once I got the strips it was much better. I allowed me to get my crap together and hold down a job instead of running the streets trying to score. Also, no one in my life knew I was taking the subs adding to stress of the whole thing.

29 days ago I quit the subs. . . . .i let all prescriptions expire, purchased my last two strips from CVS and decided to jump from 16mg.......the last 29 days have been a mixed bag of pure crapiness! Everything from crawling out of my skin, RLS, PAWS, fatigue, depression, no appetite, runs, sneezing fits, no energy and did I mention the runs......holy cow.

I did not use ANY other drugs during the 29 days. I wanted to remember every last second of it. I'm a freaking addict I can't take a freakin Lortab to help me stop the subs, then I'm freakin hooked on the tabs. I think deciding not to seek opiates on day 6 and 7 when it really sucked was the best one I've made in a long time. I did try to take a few supplements except I couldn't put anything in my mouth without gagging and vomiting.

I finally started feeling betting around day 21-24. I am sleeping much better. I am eating every freaking thing I can my hands on and the food actually tastes better now that I am off the subs. I still have moments of anxiety but it's nothing loud music can take care of. The body aches and hip pain and back pain ended when the suboxone ended I can tell you that much.

Even though the suboxone helped me six years again, it wasn't doing anything for me now except costing 9$ a piece. I can see the light at end of the tunnel and have hope again for a bright future. Good luck to everyone thinking about jumping. You can doit!

Thanks, Fuqman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:37 pm 

Congratulations on stopping the large amount of Suboxone you were on, and welcome to the forum!

Why do you say jumping from a large dose is better than the taper method? It seems like an odd statement. All the Suboxone doctors or any Dr. for that matter will tell their patients to taper slowly off any drug that a person becomes dependent on. Right now, I'm tapering off from Effexor, an anti-depressant. 20% every two weeks I was told and so far so good.

What you should have said is "Quitting without taper is the best way for me" Then no one will take issue with it. We just have many members who tapered successfully and might say you're wrong. No matter, what's good for you is fine with us. Whatever works and stays working is the best method for you.

Welcome again,

rule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:54 pm 

Hello, I have to say that I agree with Rule. Each person is so very different. For instance, I can not deal with the depression that comes with withdrawl. That is what led me to suboxone. The physical stuff is a piece of cake for me. I am overweight so the reward of weight loss from all the stomach symptoms of depression works for me. The sleep disturbance is difficult but zquil handles that for me. My point is that we all handle things differently. I am truly happy for you that you are sub free and happy! Please keep us informed of how you are doing.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I too jumped from 16mg, and wouldn't personally recommend it. Difficult as it was though, I think the hardest part is staying clean once off of Suboxone. I understand the feeling of never wanting to touch another opiate again after a painful detox, but eventually the desire does creep back in. Hope you continue to work on your recovery, and have a relapse prevention plan.
Wish you the best

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Fuqman, when you say your joint(aches and hip) pain ended when suboxone ended, what do you mean? I was curious because I was having the same issues with pain, mainly in the morning upon wakening. But when I lowered dose it went away. I'm trying to find out more about this as it really doesn't make since to me At alllll!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:57 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

So, what ever happened to fuqman? (am I cussing?)

Funny how people come here, post a topic that can be construed as flammable and then don't post an answer. Not that he/she was trying to do that here.

Either the OP went back on Suboxone or is so miserable he is unable to post back.

Good luck dude, or dudette,

BD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was wondering if I can get off at 2mg and just start skipping days then get off that way....