It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, my name is Mark and I am trying to quit suboxone for the 4th time. The last time was in July of this year. After asking my doctor to put me in touch with anyone that had gotten of sub's he stated that there was no one he had in his program that had gotten completely clean. Just imagine my surprise "LOL" I was not surprised in the least.

After my July attempt my doctor sent to me another doctor. Now I went to him with the intention of getting off sub's. I have very good reasons for this. Anyway, this new doctor, as refereed by my old sub doctor, not only managed to convince me to stay on sub's but now got me to take an even higher dose than I had gotten down to. Yeah, I went from 2 mg to 24 mg? How did that happen? I am not LOL now. Oh and he got me to take the film and not the pill as I had been on for the past 2 years. Again, how did that happen?

Okay, well now I am down to taking 0.5 mg a day, starting today after having gotten down to 1 mg a day. I plan on taking the 0.5 mg for 3 days (Monday, Jan 2, 2012) and then drop down to 0.25 mg until Friday. On Friday (Next week) I will stop and just take 0.25 mg after 3 days of no sub's and then I will take 0.25 mg 4 to 5 days after that. Now I will also take a product I found through a person of no concern here, called "Withdrawl-Ease". This product is said to help with "PAWS". After Friday my last day of daily sub's I will have several 0.25 mg cut tabs on hand to take if really needed. I will also have 2 full weeks off work. That 2 weeks is actually 17 days off work. I must return to work on the 23rd of January 2012.

Does anyone out there know of this"Withdrawl-Ease", stuff? Does anyone out there have any helpful suggestions, that have helped others in the past to get off Suboxone? Please no criticism of my determination to quit sub's!

Thank you all for any help you can give.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Marc - I saw your other post with the same questions - I think in the intro section - and I responded in that post. You might want to just post in one section so as to avoid having your responses in two different places. But look for my reply over there. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.