It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Unsuccessful...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:04 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Guys,

I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to stop taking Suboxone. I went for 2 days but I am starting a new job this week, then I have to fly to Fort Lauderdale, FL on the 30th to do some work at the corporate office.

It's not that I couldn't come off of the Sub, as I was really going to make an effort this time, but starting a new job and meeting all of these new people (including the big wigs) would not be nice going through WD. Not to mention flying during WD, lord forbid. When I'm in WD, I don't want to talk to anyone, I'm ill motivated and pretty grumpy. No way to be when starting a new job...

This is an excellent job, probably will be where I will work for a long time as long as my sleeping issues do not arise again. Oh, I didn't mention that since I started taking Sub again (Tuesday) that I have been taking 1/4 of an 8mg tablet at night and about half of that in the mornings. Taking the 2mg at night before bed really seems to help me get up easier. I've been getting up before my alarms clocks and what not, just like I used to before I was hooked on opiates. It is nice to feel like my old self again.

I'm going to keep this pattern up until it stops working. Hopefully, it will not...

Once I have settled in at this new job and I am comfortable I will try to stop Sub again and when I do I will keep everyone informed.

I do appreciate all of your support and am sure that I will need it next time around. You all are really great and I'm so glad I found this forum!!!! :D

I would love to hear what you guys think of what I have said in this post. Please respond if you have a chance.

Thanks,

PAINguin

-Edmund Burke
1729-1797

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PAINguin,

Just curious what kind of work do you do? I hear ya not wanting w/d when you start a new job.

I stopped sub once at 8mg/day and I managed to somehow work. It was unpleasant and I didn't really perform very well and just watched the clock until it was time to leave. Worst part was the mood swings I had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 am 
Hey Painguin! Sounds like a plan to me! Don't feel bad about holding off on quitting Sub. It sounds like you've found a way to improve your sleep problems which was a lot of the reason you wanted off Sub, so just stay on it a while longer. Your new job is important and you need to be on your game, so why risk feeling and performing poorly if coming off Sub doesn't go super smoothly. Good luck and let us know how the new job works out!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I feel you in your struggle Pain! I have been on sub for coming up on three years and I struggle all the time with wanting to stop. I am scared to death of stopping... I have it planned out to where I'm down to 0.1mg before I jump, maybe even every other day till I'm ready. I just wanted to say kudos on giving it a shot, cuz it ain't no easy task!

Post subject: stopping suboxone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Painquin,

Glad to here that your doing well. I think it was smart not to jump while starting a new job. Hang in there, and take care

Baron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:35 pm 
PAINguin,
I have been following this thread and was just wondering how the new job was doing along with the recently reported improved sleep problem. I thought it interesting you said in your most recent post that you were taking 1/4 of an 8 mg Sub tablet at night and 1/2 of that in the morning and that had seemingly improved your ability to wake in the morning. This is just speculation, but do you think that maybe you were at too low of a dose for a long time and your body might have been in a prolonged state of withdrawal causing a state of increased somnolence? Just a thought. Anyway, I was glad to hear you were doing better anyway. I can understand the desire to go off Suboxone, especially if you've taken it for several years.....I just started 3 years ago, so I still seem to be in the honeymoon phase. Good luck to you, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Why do I keep finding this RonnieJr guy fogging up this forum with a bunch of nonsense. "thats why your not a doctor" shut up, you need to take care of your own problems and stop acting like the high almighty of sobriety. Some people in here have real questions about how to deal with their withdrawal and you've got nothing better to do than bash on people who arn't as angelic as you are apparently. Your no better than any one of us, your worse. Thats why you feel the need to say the things you do. Clonipin, Clonidine, or Clinazapam (sp?) (all the same thing) do help with the immediate withdrawal anxieties. So do the other benzodiazipines.

I went to La Hacienda when I was 17 years old, you know what they gave to all the opiate addicts while they were in detox phase?

Valium. or Diazapam (sp?) for those of you who get generics. Get your facts straight your only making yourself sound like an ass.