It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so this is my first time posting in one of these forums and i guess I'm here for some moral support more than anything. Before I go into my whole story and what not I just want to ask, am I in the right place? I'm on day 4 of quitting suboxone and just was some positive reinforcement. I've seen some really good people on these forums and hope I can get In touch with one to help me through this much needed journey of mine! Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to take their valuable time in helping me out!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 pm 

You are absolutely in the right place! This section, stopping suboxone, was designed to support people like you who are trying get through a tough time.

You are welcome to ask questions, start your own tapering thread where you can give updates on your progress and receive support at the same time, or stay lurking. :)

Welcome!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your response! tomorrow morning will be day 5 without taking any suboxone. I'm surprisingly doing pretty well, at least I think so. My attitude is crazy positive but we all know how that can change at the drop of a dime. For the most part I'm doing really well so far. I'm absolutely having withdrawal symptoms but I've been just pushing through it, continuing to work both of my jobs. My main job is what really has me worried.. I would say where it is but due to what it entails I'm just a little nervous about releasing that information. I'm around anywhere from 50-200 people at a given time and cannot have myself going through a crazy amount of wd's. A few months ago I had to go away for training and my rx was stolen from me which made me go 11 days without anything. Surprisingly I was ok, completing my daily priorities (class, physical exercise etc). Unfortunately I was not mentally ready to be done so the day after I got home I immediately called the doctor and here I am today. Unfortunately my taper was cut short a few days ago when my car was broken into and my remaing rx was stolen AGAIN!! Btw I'm the poster child for bad luck. I was at a point where I said I'm going to make it or break. I believed I was mentally prepared enough to take on the task of jumping at 1mg. I understand it's a high dose but due to how I reacted last time while I was taking a higher dose I truely feel as though I can make it through this. I just don't have really anyone with a positive attitude to talk to that understands what I'm going through. Wow sorry about the rant, it's just been inside for a little while and needed to come out.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Step by step

If you are the poster child for bad luck then we must be related :lol: My Aunt says if we didn't have "bad luck" she would have "no luck" at all :D

Try to flip this around and use it as Good Luck. You wanted to get off, you were on a low enough dose (1mg) and you didn't suffer terribly when you didn't have it for 11 days so you may be one of those people who have very manageable symptoms.

Thought i would offer some support and give you a way to see it as some "good luck"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tiki I appreciate it haha. Why are some people so stuck with crappy luck?? I'm so use to it at this point it's just another day lol. It may be that I was born on Friday the 13th. Well today's day 5, woke up this morning with that feeling in my stomach (which has always been my worst wd symptom), legs are a little sore so I threw on some muscle rub and took some aleve. Other than that my symptoms are manageable right now

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there..

Well I am pulling for ya! I bet the short duration you mentioned (4 months) and the 11 day break are helping you out now tremendously.. and I think some of us just may actually have an easier time.. I don't think everyone has the nightmare situations that some do..

I know in the past I have had the hell W/D's but maybe my body chemistry changed after having my baby last year plus I have been really careful this time not to go over 1-2mg's and not take daily.. but I am sure I will have some mild symptoms..

Have a wonderful day and keep us posted!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Stepbystep,

Welcome to the forum. :D The fact that you are on day 5 of a 1mg jump and still have a positive attitude is great news! You should be really close to peak wd's by this point, if not already there, so way to go! Now it's just about putting up with the crappy feeling until it goes away. It sounds like you are a very physically active person, and I would bet that has helped you a ton. Keep up the exercise routine as much as possible, and that will give you a leg up. I need to take a page from your book on that one. I hate exercise....

BTW - you don't have to share any private details about your job, or any other area of your life here to get help from us. We totally understand the need for anonymity. I would much rather see our members err on the side of caution when it comes to these things.

It's funny how we all come to those cross roads when it's time for us to make our jump. It sucks that yours wound up being somebody breaking into your car, but you took it and ran with it! If you weren't solid in your recovery you might have used that as an excuse to do something really terrible, so props for that!

Q

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey norcal and horsehal thanks for the post! It honestly Makes my day when I come back on here to see if anyone has posted and I have the alert for a new message! Most people I know that have any idea what I'm going through are either still using or just have such a negative vibe so I don't talk to them. If you have a negative mind set about it, you'll have a negative experience. It's like anything in life, if it's not hard it's not worth it!. Just a little update for everyone, it's day 5 since my last dose. I am having some rls but I immediately put on muscle rub and make myself do some type of physical excercise for 10-15 minutes. It sucks but I do feel a lot better after. I have been taking a coctail of vitamins daily (mostly those I got from forums such as this). I go back to my main job tm morning which does have me a little nervous. I have an hour commute each way so I'm going to take some Imodium with my vitamins.

i keep thinking to myself that this cannot be the same wd everyone is talking about. Then I get in my head for a little and my stomach feels like someone lit a fire in it and the anxiety goes to he!! and back!!

I had a "friend" check up with my yesterday and all he had to say was that my wd didn't even start yet and that those 11 days I spent without anything was just the beginning!! I wanted to go through the phone and choke him!! That set my mood back a little and made me really think, wtf am I doing if this is only the beginning??!

How's everyone else's day doing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Working out is one of the best things you can do for yourself right now. I have been getting up and going for runs (the best I can) every morning.. I try to do 20 mins of physical activity..

That was not very nice of your friend.. everyone is totally different but for me coming off of 1mg I start feeling it the next day and by day 5 am well in the sh*t if not starting to see the light.. so I would imagine you've at least begun.. don't listen to that person..

KEEP IT UP!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

He's been a good friend to me throughout the past year but when it comes to that he's just not there. I have some things I need to get done now that I'm out of work ( I'd rather get hit by a bus lol) so I'll try and get back on here later today or tm before work and give an update!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Did you know that pupils grow? They don't always stay those tiny little things were use to seeing. So I guess I had to open this one up with a little humor because today's been a little rough. My wd symptoms are still tolerable but my anxiety has been kicking my a$$ since about 4 today. Work had me busy and I came to my buddy's house after to cut the commute ( he has no idea anything is going on) but since I left work my anxiety has been through the roof!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:43 pm 

I'm sorry today has been a little rough, at least the evening part. Is there anything that helps you during a period of anxiety? For me when I'm having anxiety I'm in a really emotional part of my brain. I'm sure you know it well! The part that worries, the part that fears, the part that hurts, etc. The best thing I can do for myself at that point is to try to throw my brain into some sort of mental activity. I will imagine that I've won 128 million in the lottery and work out what I'd do with the money. It doesn't matter that it's completely unrealistic, lol, it only matters that I'm doing math inside my head. I could probably get the same results if I were making lists in my head or calculating just about anything. This is the only thing besides xanax that can help during a panic attack. I have to really focus to do it though. I hope your night is getting better!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to stop by quick and let everyone know I'm still going strong with today being day 9. I've been really busy so the days have been just melting together. I'm still having stomach issues (not AS bad), the rls are still there but seem to have chilled out a little, anxiety comes and goes when it feels the need to but so far they have been tolerable.
Hope everyone has a great day!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Stepbystep! Yay and congrats on 9 days!! I'm happy you have been staying busy and feeling better! Just think how tough you are for making it through.... It's going to be smooth sailing from here on out. I just woke up to day 6...I thank the lord for suboxone, it saves lives...but what a Great feeling to be free, isn't it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Appreciate it fish! How are you holding up on day 6? That was pretty much my peak point (as of now) on both the anxiety and the wd. Even then they were still tolerable. Are you taking anything to help you get through it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Step,
Funny you say that day 6 was the peak for you with anxiety... Today I'm getting pretty intense anxiety, probably the worst its been. But like you said, its manageable.

Also yesterday and last night I think I pushed myself too hard. It was a family party that I was committed to co-hosting and it ended up lasting until after midnight. Yuck.
So I feel pretty gross today. I took zofran for nausea and I have clonidine for other symptoms but I'm not feeling much like taking the clonidine. I don't like the way it makes me feel...

On what day did you really feel like the anxiety started to get better? Do you/did you take anything for it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It was the end of day 5,beginning of day 6 when it really started. I still have it but nowhere near as bad as day 6/7. By the end of day 7 it was coming and going in spirts unlike day 6 when it felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin the entire day. No matter what I did it was there, took my dog for a walk, went to the gym and went on the stepper for 25 minutes, sat in the hot tub and sauna. While I was doing those things it seemed to be calmed down a little but within a minute of ending the activity it came back full blast.

As far as taking anything I did not get any type of rx. However I have been taking a coctail of things I've read on forums like this . I take a multi vitamin in the morning and mid evening. I got some b6 and calcium tablets which I take at lunch. Also I stocked up on anti diarrhea pills/Imodium. I only took those days 3-5 due to the fact that many people become addicted to the opiate like chemical it resembles. Even when I was taking them on those days I would only take them if I really needed too. Since that is one of the main ways your body removes the toxins in the body I wanted to let it flow ( haha sorry for the possible visual) because with my job I couldn't be in the bathroom non stop. Also I bought a liquid anti acid (like pepto) from walmart that was $2.50 since my WORST wd has always been the burning like sensation in my stomach.