It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Guys,

I am quitting suboxone, after having been on it since Jan 10th, 2013. At peak, I was taking 2 mg per day, and over the last week, I have tapered further. I am currently at .5 mg per day, a quarter of a N2 strip, and am looking to go further before jumping. I am going to jail in the first week of May, so my sub doctor suggested to quit in three weeks and allow three weeks of no sub to return to equilibrium. I had not told my doc about having to go to jail, because I didn't know about the incarceration until my last court date. Assuming that they are not going to let me take it in jail, I plan on quitting sub no later than April 10th.

Any help would be appreciated coming off the .5 mg dose. I have Clonidine, 0.2 mg tablets.

*A bit more info, I was a heroin addict for about a year, up until last October. Smoked it for 4 months, then shot three bags a day for the last eight months up til October. Then, got arrested. Quit with three N8 (Suboxone 8mg/2mg) pills. I waited three months to go on sub maintenance, Jan 10th, because I couldn't take the depression or anxiety anymore. I knew subs could be more addicting than the H, but I just wanted to feel normal temporarily. I guess if I wouldn't have started sub, I would have felt a lot better than i did 3 months, but what's done is done. Sub's have helped me over the last 3 months, but I've had a foggy head and I guess quitting after 3 months could benefit me in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey good luck bud i hope you make it. i quit after almost 3 months and today is day 30. i jumped at 8-12mgs a day. so it can be done and it sounds like you should be fine although i am sure you will have some withdrawals. good luck to you i hope all goes well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Manny,

I'm sorry I don't have much wisdom for you here. I just noticed you didn't have many replies so I figured I would throw in some encouragement. I am in the process of tapering myself, but I have been on sub for a year now. Based on what I have read it seems that shorter term sub detox isn't as bad as those who have been on longer. I think your plan sounds very well thought out. I don't think I would change anything. Jumping from .25mg will be much easier than a higher dose, I don't see how going any lower would benefit you much. Especially from only using it for 3 months. I think you are going to be fine! I mean, don't expect to get out without ANY withdrawal. I would think you will still feel some, but maybe the duration will not be long. Based on your history I'm sure you have been through much worse! Just stay positive...think about how much better prepared you will be for your time away from home if you have already jumped this hurdle before you get there! By the way, how long is your sentence? I would just try to keep this in mind when you come out...let this be the last time you put yourself through this agony. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy return home!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys,
I'll keep you updated on how I am doing.

DeadSexy, thanks for the PM, will do !
HorseGal, thanks for the WISDOM, very much appreciated

Last night, it was 24 hours after my last dose, when I went to bed at about 11:30 pm. I went to sleep fine, but woke up in the middle of the night sometime with restless arms and legs, and just couldn't get comfortable. So, I took a .25 mg dose, somewhere around 28 hours after my last dose I assume (I don't keep an alarm clock in my room anymore, bright red light is a no-no for me during withdrawal/tapering, and I didnt check the time on my ipod -> no phone either, the cops took it).

My sentence is going to be 6 months, but technically, only 2 months. Basically, it is split up into three Phases, each 2 months long. Phase I, I will be incarcerated, in a program taught by an Ex-Marine. It will be boot camp style, and this is a big factor in wanting to have 3 weeks to reach equilibrium. Supposedly, having breakfast at 4 am, lunch at 10 am, and dinner at 4 pm. There will be a lot of marching, drug education / AA meetings and whatnot. I assume the majority of people in the program will have drug-related charges, looking to lower their sentences. Phase II, I will be allowed to sleep at home, but must report at 8am every morning. Phase III, I assume, will be a little bit easier but very similar to the second phase, being allowed to sleep at home, getting ready to get out in the real world, life outside of the program, etc. It won't be as physically exhausting as a Marine boot camp would be, as people in the program are going to be trying to quit meth, PCP, crack, heroin, and are not going to be the most physically fit people in the world. However, I think will probably be as tough for a drug addict as regular marine boot camp would be for a person wanting to be a marine. We'll see, based on the articles I've read, people have said it is a life changing experience. I hope so!

-Manny

-Manny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:21 pm 

Hi Manny, I think it's very wise of you to get off sub with a few weeks to spare before prison. Those bootcamp programs are designed to kick your ass so you'll want to be at your best.

I wish you luck coming off of sub. It's not easy, but it's doable. :)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Manny,

I just wanted to chime in and offer my support as well!!

You may have a little bit of a rough few days getting off Suboxone, but seeing as you haven't been on it too long and you were at a low dose, I think your wd will be fairly short and on the mild side.

Hang tough, man!