It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey so I used fentanyl or morphine everyday by injection for the last 8 mths. I decided to quit on Friday. I smashed my last bean pill (fentanyl) on Friday note around 8pm. I used about 10 pills a day. So by 1:30pm sat I felt like I was a 26 for withdrawals. I took a sub 8mg pill and went into PW. Obviously it was terrible. So I panicked and tried scoring more pills. No luck so I just continued taking 1mg of sub every hour until I eventually stabilized 4-6 he's later. So now I've been taking 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening and its working. But I bought the sub as its almost impossible to get help where I live. I've been on a waiting list for 4mths to get on methadone. So I only have 2 -8mg sub pills left and then I have to cold turkey it from there. Will I be okay with symptoms after 5 days of sub hiding my WD symptoms or will I start over again. Thanks for any help you can give me everyone!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Suboxone is a great tool for short term detox. Personally I'd take the subs you have left and take about 2mg a day till there gone try and stretch it out. You'll probably still feel kind of crummy once there gone but you should be through the worst of the detox. I used methadone that way to detox from heroin, it worked but I will say I didn't have any plans on how to stay sober afterwards and ended up relapsing. Having a good plan to stay sober is just as important if not more important than the detox itself.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was just curious about the response to you. I noticed that you said suboxone is a great tool for a short detox. I have been on suboxone for years. How do you feel about that. I get a lot of shit from my family about still being on them. I hope you can find some more to help ease the withdrawal, or I think relapse is coming. I agree that you should makes subs last, but I think you need more. I'm not thinking very well, as I am pretty sick, but I would really try to get more before you run out.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:57 am 

Stakzz so u were using fentanyl, which is a pretty strong opiate plus morphine. I can't say that I've had experience in only using sub to detox because I haven't. But I had a long period of time where the only opiate I did was shoot morphine and another shorter period of time chewing the fentanyl patch, it took me awhile to feel better even using oxycodone afterwards consistently. I don't think all the withdrawal will be gone completely but that's just my opinion. I answered ur earlier post in another section, but I thought u were seeing a sub dr so forgive the confusion when u read it lol.

Misti, I absolutely believe in using sub long term. There's nothing wrong with that imo and many many ppl here feel the same way. There're ppl who don't feel that's what's best for them and that's cool, but not everyone is the same. There's lot's of different factors to each person that make us choose different paths. I understand the family not totally understanding about being on suboxone long term, mine was like that and still may be somewhat. But the way I see it is it's my life and my journey and only I know what's best for me. They'll either accept it or learn to deal with it ya know? Don't feel like ur doing something wrong by being on suboxone long term, there's a lot of ppl who are, like myself. If I need a medication every day to keep me from relapse, then so be it. I'd much rather do that then be in active addiction like I used to. Ok enough of that speech lol hope everyone has a great day today!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Misti suboxone can be a good thing long term IMO as well it's all about the individual and their circumstances, I was on suboxone for 5 years, it helped me get my life together and get an awesome job. I needed the time away from my drug of choice to learn how to be sober and successful. Others can successfully use suboxone to detox and be done with it and some are happier just staying on suboxone, there's no right or wrong answer that's the same for each person.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

HI misti. I agree with what Impala and Jenn said. Everyone is different. Some short term and some long term. It's very individual in my opinion. I personally believe at this point I am going to be in the long term catagory. I do think the pot smoking could be contributing to your depression like you said. I know for me it makes me just want to lay around and that also leads to me feeling more depressed. It fogs my brain too. I'm not saying you have to quit . That's your decision. I know for me it was causing more problems than helping so I quit. Ithe seems like you are really down on yourself right now. That plus physical withdrawal is no fun. You have a lot to sort out which can be so overwhelming. Try to take it one day (or hour or minute! ) at a time. One thing at a time. Can't fix everything in one day. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep posting. Everyone here is so helpful. It's so nice to have people to talk to that understand exactly how you feel. Take care.

Willow

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:55 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

HI stakzz. Welcome to the forum. I think impala is right on stretching those out. I am using subs longterm so don't know about using to detox. I do know if I had tried that I would not have been successful but maybe you will be. I think a plan for after is important. A plan to help you stay sober is very important I think. Take care. Hope it goes well. Their are a lot of people here with great advice!

Willow

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. I am so extremely happy for your responses to me. I don't know why it's so comforting to know I'm not alone, but it is. I have always felt like I was doing the right thing for me. Yes, it's pricey. I work very hard, and I pay for everything with my earned money. I have two ex husbands and four daughter's. I care what they think of me, but I have been through so much of a battle with this that I had to do what I thought was best for me. I did intend a long detox, but have not wanted for any pills since the first day I started on them. Frankly, I'm just to scared to stop the subs. I don't want to want pills. When I get off of subs, it will take some time. I know myself pretty well, and I know I will need a little time to get off of them. I will need a week or so. Maybe more like two or three weeks. Finally starting to feel better about my choices. My head really messes me up.
For the guy who was doing morphine, I hope you can find more subs. I feel for you. I just hope you don't experience years of active addiction. It's not much fun.