It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am trying to quit methadone and some doctors i've talked to say they haven't noticed a difference in patients withdrawl pains once under 50mg for example I wouldn't feel any better detoxing at 5mg then i will now at 50mg. But, I also know that when your not the one who's sick, it's easy to say that it's not so bad. So I was hoping there were a few of you out there who have stopped using closer to my does and at a lower dose and if you've noticed a difference. I have to pay $15 a day, so i don't want to waste the money to lower my dose if it isn't going to change anything. Also, any suggestions on things that helped you deal with quitting, i'll try anything! For me my biggest problems are joint pain and trouble sleeping because I pretty much radiate heat. I have tried melatonin and that helps ALOT it does help you sleep, all be it for only about 4 hours, and it doesn't make you feel worse like tylenol pm or nyquil does. I highly suggest it, but i would like to sleep longer then 4 hours!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I just jumped from 8 mg of suboxone after 6 years so we are in a similar boat, I would go to an inpatient facility only if your ready to get off for good, if not don't waste your time, but the inpatient facility will give you the best chance to get off in my opinion. Good Luck, and sleep will be hard to come by, I went almost 3 days without any sleep, so sick but it can be done. After 31 days I am getting 6-7 hours now in 3-4 hour chunks. It gets better man, but we need to get some time under our belt and constantly work on ourselves so we never go back to getting raped by drugs. Fuck That! I had enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:58 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Can't help you regarding jumping from 50mg methadone to nothing...I jumped from 75mg methadone, waited 6 days, then started Sub. and did great....had minimal w/d symptoms.
But as far as sleep....there is an extended release melatonin now. I think it is a 5mg (ER or XL, not sure how they label it) and you can buy it at places like GNC. I haven't heard it is available in grocery stores yet...but you might try that if you are waking up after 4 hours on the regular melatonin.