It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey all,

I've been on suboxone for nearly 3 years now.. About 6 month into it my doctor started me on Valium which turned out to be a huge issue (obviously.. I'll explain more later), I started on a small dose of around 2-4 mg and quite quickly worked my way upto a daily dose of 24-28mg. I now really want off the stuff, I just quit the Valium (been 6 weeks) and I did that from a high dose... It was of course a nightmare, I had gotten to the point where I was taking 50+ 5 mg at time for about 4 months then had to go back to the prescribed 25-50 a week... Which was usually spaced out but just took as much as I could when I could. I underestimated the benzo W/D process but I'm glad it done. In regards the Subs I am at the point where taking it annoys me to take it, I haven't craved opiates for a long time and I started bringing down my dose about a month before but steps at around 14mg when the Valium wd got rough... I would love anyone's input/stories if they are similar.

Thanks and hope to hear from you guys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi SimpleHendrix, welcome to the forum!!

I see you're already off Valium and have been for 6 weeks, that's good. When someone comes on the forum wanting to quit Sub's and Benzo's, I'll usually advise to get off the Benzo first, then give it some time and wean down Suboxone.

The best way to get off Suboxone is to taper your dose down. We usually recommend dropping your dose by 25% at a time and stabilizing there for a week or so before dropping your dose again. Once you get in and around 4mg or so, you can start by dropping your dose by 10%.

These are just general guidelines. Some people drop their dose much quicker, some slower. You have to find out what works for you then work it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there simpleh! Great job quitting the Valium! Romeo gave you good advice I think. You might want to start a new thread in "stopping suboxone". I think there is might be more traffic there, and you'll find more support.
Thanks for posting and good luck!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey there dude. I my self have just decided to quit the devil suboxone. I'm on day 11 and it's no cake walk that's for sure. I truly find that kratom is a huge help. At least I can get out of bed when I take it. The other thing I can say is no matter how bad you feel you have to get up and move. Even if it's just a short walk it really helps. I go and play disc golf every day even when I don't want to because the benefits of light exercise are amazing. Just remember every day life gets a little better, easier, and back to normal. F!?&$ the subs and the drug dealers that prescribe it. Suboxone has been the worst thing I've ever done. But at least I've turned the corner and I'm slowly coming back to normal.