It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yesabela - I'm so sorry that your doctor is a douche. There seems to be quite a few of them in the world of Sub doctors. He really left you up the creek & I completely understand why you had to do what you had to do.

I used the water method to taper myself off Suboxone and it worked great. The short story is you dissolve X amount of Sub in X amount of water and then measure out the solution accordingly. I found that .5ml of water was a good amount for a dose - not too much water to hold under your tongue but not so small that it was hard to measure. Since the Sub is already dissolved in the water, it seems to hit faster, so I'd only have to keep the solution in my mouth for about 10 minutes.

I was on 1mg when I started this process and my first decrease was to .8mgs. After that I decreased my dose by .1mg (100mcg) every 10-20 days or so depending on how I was feeling. The long story is here:

Liquified Suboxone Taper Method

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask! I found this way of tapering much easier than trying to jump from 1mg to .5mg, or trying to dose every other day. I hope it helps you too.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: Thanks!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Diary...

Oh thank you soo much! My plan is to cut my dose about every 10 days. I am scared it is too fast but Subs are really expensive off the street! I cut my dose to 1mg from 2 just about4 days ago and I am having some withdrawls (Insomnia, RLS,supersneezes, and I am pretty emotional) but they are not so bad that I cant stand it. I think I am going to rethink my jump off date a bit and try cutting my dose by .2mg at a time instead of by half. I am going to post my experience in a new thread. Thanks again!