It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ditto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I also thank my lucky stars eveyday ......

Post subject: All I know is....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 pm 
1. I'm flabergasted by those links, especially the first one. That's exactly how it is: we need extra opiods to be "normal," just like some people need their Prozac, Zoloft, Cymbalta, and the rest of them. I actually need stuff from both groups!

2. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you've got insurance, figure out a way to stockpile Suboxone. I won't tell you how much extra I've got, but it's a bunch. And for every pill I actually consume, I squirrel one away. I'm not going to get caught hanging out in the wind.

3. I understand that some people do have to stop Suboxone due to side effects. That's not what this post was about. Anyway, everyone has the right to do what they want to do and manage their recovery the way they see fit. But if things are going good and your doing well on the Subs, I wouldn't try to fix what's not broken.

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
That's one incredibly funny visual, imagining all these Cymbalta users counting their crystals, LOL..... sounds more like something you'd find on the "Ritilin" forum.... It begs the question, "if we've bestowed you with enough energy to count Cymbalta crystals, then should you not consider the drug to be working, and leave well enough alone????"

Seems like a common theme on these forums.... So few that want to just rejoice in their sobriety, or lack of depression, or what-ever.....

Well, I have to call this out. Cymbalta is bad news and I know first hand. You cannot compare staying on antidepressants such as Cymbalta and staying on Suboxone- it's apples and oranges. Go up a few posts and read the links I posted, you will understand more.
People are being over-prescribed,mis-prescribed, under-prescribed because of fear and/or ignorance and I was one of them on multiple occasions. The Cymbalta fiasco for me was enough to work extra hard at my job of advocating for the patient's rights. If you know what I went through as a result of being mis-prescribed, it would not be so funny. People are afraid and that is nothing to laugh about, and it's because the effects of some of these drugs are worse than the withdrawal.I gained 50 pounds and lost wonderful intimacy with my husband which affected my marriage because of Cymbalta. So, please do me a huge favor, read read read the information in links posted, learn as much as you can, and realize some people have no choice about coming off of medications.I do get that you may be talking about people who are better off with than without, but in the world of the internet- specifics are important. Thanks.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 am 
I took Cymbalta, and yes, I spent quite a bit of time pulling the little blue and green capsules apart, pouring the tiny white balls back and forth trying to make ever-smaller doses. Oh my G-d, I don't know how many times I would finally get the level of "crystals" in the capsule just right, and then drop the damn thing, spilling those bastards everywhere! Mind-boggling!!! That is a REALLY hard mad to get off of. Plus, it didn't work for my depression. Of all the antidepressants, Cymbalta, Effexor XR, and Paxil are known for having the worst discontinuation syndrome. And the doctors don't want to even admit there's such a thing as SSRI discontinuation syndrome.

Anyway, I don't intend to stop my Suboxone ever, unless I have to. I literally start to feel panic, and my gut gives a jerk, if I start to ponder what would happen if I had to go off of it. When I first started going to my Sub doc 5 months ago, he seemed gung-ho and I though he said he would prescribe indefinately. He gives me 90 days worth at a time. So, I saw him a few weeks ago....he was nice, but didn't seem as forthcoming, and said something like, "I'll see you in three months, and we'll evaluate your need then." HUH??? At the time I didn't think about it....I have a feeling he thinks that I was "just" an "accidental" hydrocodone addict, that I had a very mild addiction and got my medicine legally. I never let him believe anything different, and I present very well. So, my doc may think I'm ready to taper soon. NO F*CKING WAY!!! I won't let that happen. Now I'm worried, and I'm going to worry until my next appointment 2.5 months from now. Damn! I mean, I have spent 3 of the last 6 years in jail because of my addiction!! I'm 27, and I've had heart failure once from painkiller overdose, and I've been intubated in intensive care 3 times because of painkiller overdose.

If I go off of the Subs, I may be ok, because I do feel that I have learned some coping skills and I have grown. BUT, I know the reality of my addiction, and I think that I would go back to using. I guess there's no need to panic, because I'm sure he would give me a couple more months....and I have 2.5 months left of this prescription. And out of this prescription, I only use 1 of the 2 pills he prescribed per day. I save the other. And I have 6 months worth of 8 mg Subs already stockpiled. Plus I have good insurance. So, I guess I'll be ok...it's just that this is the best Sub doc ever, because he does 90 days of Sub at a time, and accepts insurance for the visit. I don't even have a copy. I guess it was too good to last!

JD