It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:27 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Wrote this am that I still had the headache and that after talking to my dr. last night he felt I was underdosing and wanted me to take 8mg and then another 4mg in an hour.

It has been one hour since that 4mg totaling 12mg so far and the headache is finally gone.
So, my experience jumping from 75mg methadone to sub is that I needed a higher maintenance dose than 8mg.

I'm ok with that...I had been wanting to remain at 8mg but its not worth it to feel badly.

Hopefully my energy levels will now improve as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:00 pm 
Thats super great!! I believe your energy will fall in place soon enough. For it too have only been 9 days, you've stabalized pretty well other than the few bumps in the road(headache, no energy etc.) It should be nothing but forward movements from here on out. Im glad things are going well and keep us updated!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to hear you're feeling better. A little more sub did the trick. Good to know for our future methadone to suboxone friends too.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you're doing well. Most people stabilize after induction on a higher dose, so in a month or two (or whenever down the road) you can always get down to 8 mg. Just don't be too quick to get there. Listen to your body/mind.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Thanks all for the encouragement. My dr. called me again and said to try another 4mg to see and so today's total dose was 16mg. All symptoms subsided at that dose for me. (slight residual headache this am)

I am ok with a higher dose. I was on methadone and a moderate dose so....like we know, everyone is different and sometimes it takes some playing around to get the right dose. Same on antidepressants...sometimes it takes 3 or 4 tries to find the right one.

So, overall today I just feel great. I have more energy and got some things done finally. I actually feel "stable". No anxiety or weirdness like I had at day 5,6,7.

My dr. gave me the go ahead to do 12mg in am and then another 4 mg in afternoon if I need it. I'm really glad to have a dr. who calls me back, or calls me and checks up on me. Compared to some of the posts I am lucky apparently. He is NOT a quack at all. He talks to me for 30 min every time he sees me and his fee is not outrageous. I wish everyone could have that experience with their sub dr.

Thanks, again, for the support.

Post subject: day 10 on sub
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:31 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Today was the best day by far. I am day 10 on sub now and I think i found my maintenance dose: 12mg.

Had energy, no nausea, no headache and overall just feel myself. I don't feel high or anything. Just normal. I can see how people say Sub makes them feel normal. It's true for me, as well. I had no idea. And, for me, and this is my opinion only, there is a huge difference between Methadone and Suboxone. Huge. For me. I wish I would have gone on Sub from the beginning but the cost was prohibitive for me at that time. I am actually glad I have had the experience being on methadone replacement as it helps me understand my own clients more....but it is night and day with those 2 medications in my life. Maybe things will change the longer I am on Sub? Maybe I will have a blunted affect like I did on Methadone. I hope not and from what I read it doesn't sound like it. A few say they have that experience but the majority seem to be doing really well.

Thanks again for the support.....probably won't be on line for several days..not that anyone is watching for my breath taking updates or anything!