It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My quick taper story
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi long term lurker here! Really admire the attitude of the folks here so I took the plunge

ive just started a bupe quick taper after around a month of use. Im following the 1/3 reduction every 3 days protocol which thus far has been a resounding success. Ive gone from 3mg to 1.2 thus far and am going to keep edging down till I reach .07.

I split my doses throughout the day since ive found that any dose no matter how large holds me for around 4-5 hours. A 0.3 dose provides equal relief to a 1mg dose for the same time frame for whatever reason. This allows me to keep steady throughout the day rather than peaking early and crashing to earth like a sunburnt icarus

The worry is that once I get down to the lower doses im going to suffer significantly since I keep hearing rumours about stays of longer than a month equate to prolonged withdrawwal pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI

while I dont have experience with taper myself,
have you looked at this thread here??

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

many people have used it as a guide, as what to expect.

theres also many, many stories, (even GOOD ones) in the stopping subxone section.

You can post anytime you'd like to vent!!!!
thats what we are here for!!!

and in my opinion, distraction is KEY

good luck!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Cheers Amber :D I'll level with you and say that I have absolutely no support around me - at all. Right now I feel great in terms of pure withdrawal symptoms especially since ive been cycling for around 2 hours morning afternoon and evening today. However the feeling that im in this alone feels like a constant ache. Its something i've somehow adapted to, but it feels like wherever I turn someone is just waiting to screw me over with pleasure.

Im living at home and my relationship with my family is characterised by this current of hatred. I dont hate them, but my mum thinks im a : "disgusting dirty drug addict". I'd have a heart made of sheet metal and rivets if that didnt get to me. It aint pleasant thats for sure. Thing is I used to be that guy, but ive made so much progress! Ive gone from a suicidal agorophobic addict to a young man with a future. Ive turned my life around and I had to work out my demons totally alone. I had noone to spur me on or to rally with me. All my triumphs and all my despair happened internally.

The last 5 years were hell on earth. I dont even bother to try and sort through the memories. Its just one white hot painful blur. I spent the years totally isolated and all I had were the opiates which fed my isolation. I showed few vital signs - youd have to hook me up to a monitor to check whether I was alive or not! Word got out in my local community and that was something else. Suddenly people who barely knew me were making ironic snide comments like "And what are YOU doing" "At least your doing something" "So apart from sitting in front of the computer..." It wasnt the content of what they were saying but the fact that they knew about the intimate details of my life and to them it was hilarious. I was the butt of a joke that noone had cracked but everyone somehow knew implicitly. Course that made the agoraphobia worse.

My family tore e several new orifices while I was at home. I wasnt working and I was pretty much just vegged out. I was effectively dead. Just moving mechanically through it all living for nothing but the opiates which made me feel something! Of course that didnt go down well especially when I came back from uni in disgrace having dropped out of a philosophy degree at Cardiff. I descended into this mania where I became truly paranoid believing that I had died and gone to hell! I tried to commit suicide multiple times in that manic state but thank God I even sucked at that!

I remember the self fulfilling prophecies - I believed I was in hell and humanity was just an illusion. Life was punishment divine retribution that I had merited due to my suicide attempts. Because of this I ended up living that fantasy out and almost was lost to it. It was so profound and complex and yet so simple and rational at the time. The despair was unimaginable. I dont think I can do it justice. It was this anguish that swelled constantly in the pit of my stomach until I couldnt feel anything else or imagine anything else could be possible. I experienced absolutely no human compassion at all - I may have been offered it, but I didnt perceive any. Had I had that experience of someone empathising with me, I think that I would have snapped out of it in that exact moment.

Eventually I was hospitalised at a day unit and switched to brighton uni upon discharge where I attempted to complte my philsophy degree again but failed miserably due to unresolved issues. This brings me to the present where somehow all that is behind me and is nothing but a vaguely painful memory :o

I suppose I joined because ive seen that theres a real sense of community here. People care about others' struggle and rejoice with other's success. Thats what ive been missing all this time and without that I dont think that im going to make it. So thank you all for what I hope will be the greatest achievement of my entire life thus far!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Alone
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:31 pm 

Wow, your story is so very sad to read. I do applaud your strength having gone through hell and back again. And yes, this is the place to make friends, good friends. We are all addicts trying to help each other through the tough times of life and you are more than welcome to join us.

May I assume you've read several posts about tapering and jumping off of Suboxone? If not, please take some time to go through what Amber posted to you and read as many as possible in the "Bupe in the Rearview Mirror" section. Everyone seems to have a different experience quitting Sub so we can't say what you will go through. What you have on your side is the short time you've been on it. It should make it much easier to stop.

Take Ambers advice and stick around. Vent if you're angry, rave if you're having a good day.

Post subject: Re: Alone
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
Wow, your story is so very sad to read. I do applaud your strength having gone through hell and back again. And yes, this is the place to make friends, good friends. We are all addicts trying to help each other through the tough times of life and you are more than welcome to join us.

May I assume you've read several posts about tapering and jumping off of Suboxone? If not, please take some time to go through what Amber posted to you and read as many as possible in the "Bupe in the Rearview Mirror" section. Everyone seems to have a different experience quitting Sub so we can't say what you will go through. What you have on your side is the short time you've been on it. It should make it much easier to stop.

Take Ambers advice and stick around. Vent if you're angry, rave if you're having a good day.

Thanks for making me feel welcome :-) . Ive had a sort of panic episode which peaked about 30mins ago so I was venting, but I wanted this thread to be less venting and more a taper diary to help others enduring the same thing. My post belies how well im doing. Thus far ive been extremely comfortable stepping down and the reason for this I believe is my habit of splitting my doses up.
I used to take a large dose in the mornign as recommended but I found it would only hold me for a few hours then i'd need to redose. What I do now is split the doses up into 4-5 equal parts and ive found that 1mg feels the same subjectively as .2mg - very bizarre I know but great news!
I havent felt any real discomfort at all doing this other than some slight between dose restlessness and anxiety... yet. Once the depression sets in I dread to think what will happen but im going to take this one step at a time trying to focus on everything but how bad im feeling. The way I see it each day of my taper brings me closer to my longed for freedom! Every day is a crown/medal/trophy.

Im using high vitamin and mineral doses (espciallly magnesium and zinc which are nmda antagonists and thus lower tolerance) ULD Naltrexone (Is supposed to have tolerance reducing powers being a full antagonist to bupes partial) and water which surprisingly has been my elixir. I'll drink a litre of water and actually feel as if my dose has been kicked up a notch - I drink around 4 litres of water a day particularly after doses and I find that no dose is complete without it. I know to be careful to avoid drowning my internal organs as ive heard its actually quite easy to do with excessive water consumption though ....

Im an avid cyclist too. I cycle 30mins morning afternoon and evening and follow that with milk and carbs to avoid stiffness. Exercise provides its own euphoria for me - it brings us into the present completely and withdrawals become totally irrelevant while I cycle and for a while after. Ive read soooo many reports of exercise being the difference between failure and success. It thrusts the brain back into equilibrium and cuts paws massively. I can see that exercise is going to become an addiction for me in fact (I can spot these things a mile off due to my experiences) but I can live with that haha.

Other thing is ive quit cigarettes and weed. The latter was pulling teeth and the former was actually a non issue probs due to the subs. Cigarettes were messing with my adrenaline levels and giving me severe chills Since quitting theyve calmed down significantly and I generally feel a huge mood elevation and a sense of wellbeing.

. Ive spent hours and hours reading taper accounts and plans. Ive been a lurker here too so im really familiar with the stickies and it was ths forum that gave me the idea for the liquid taper. I havent checked the rearview yet so im off to do so now. Ive got 2 weeks left on the clock now and my next reduction is in 2 days to .8 from 1.2. I'll probably split it into 0.2 doses using the oral syringes I purchased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey buddy,

I am in the same boat as me but I am at 2mgs a day. I wish I was at that 1 Mg range your at. So you should be proud of yourself. Your almost there bud. As like you my support in very tiny as of now. Slim to none. All I have is hopefully some peeps on this site. We can do it. Keep up good work. Lets put this demon to sleep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to pipe in here and say,,,,,,

even if your 'support system' is nil,,,,,,

YOU are your biggest enemy or advocate. I know BOTH of you can do this. meister glamis,, you've come so far already, I know you are leaning toward the 'advocate' side, ha ha ha.

and I dont think theres anything wrong with being addicted to excersise, as long as you dont injure yourself!!!!

I think every single person on the planet is addicted to something, like excersise, or shopping, whatever.

Just keep on fighting, I know you'll get there :lol:

we are definitely here for you, both in your times of hapiness, and/or sorrow.

Keep posting, and keep fighting!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys - been having a tough day today and reading those 2 posts really bouyed me up :) I highly recommend trying to follow the method I used - im still gobsmacked that it hasnt been traumatic.Im on 0.8 now! Ive noticed a pattern. Every 3 days, so either the night before my reduction or the day of I have magnified withdrawal symptoms. Its never anything major, but going from feeling great to feeling fairly low is a shock to the system. This is the relationship between the stacked half life and the 1/3/3rd day reductions. Every 3 days I start to feel the previous reduction giving my body time to readjust.
The cinic are reaaaaally frustrating me. I get the impression that theyre all about maintenance and not tapering. When I mention im tapering they dissaprove massively and give every reason why its a bad idea. I had to convince them that splitting my doses works for me and taking all at once is totally inneffective.

Im on supervised consumption at 6mg haha! So im having to bring in zinc tablets (look exactly like subs) and perform a sleight of hand keeping the 2mg tablets for myself. Yes its devious and yes its a massive risk, but I should only need another 12-20mg anyway for the whole taper, though of course I wont burn this bridge just yet.

Ive been experiencing the return of my emotions too. Its been quit profound. Deep and heart rending nostalgia mixed with optimism regret - all very bittersweet like an old black and white romance. I forgot that before the drugs I was infintiely happier than I am now. I crave sobriety far more strongly than I ever craved opiates.

Again thanks for being in my corner - were all the difference between each other's success and failure. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Realised that due to air bubbles collecting in the oral rig ive been "punchng beneath my weight" so to speak. I dosed an extra .2mg to compensate for that. Yesterday was pretty bad haha. Went out cycling and felt deathly once I was back at home. Part of it is the hostile atmosphere at home. Its a prison atmosphere in many ways - I suffer from a condition called misophonia or sound sensitivity in which certain sound stimuli induce panic reactions in me. The constant panic mode im in as a result does make me focus on my symptoms all the more.
Im drinking plenty of milk too since it has all 20 amino acids in its protein structure. Things like tyrosine tryptophan and phenylalanine are ESSENTIAL for restoring neurochemical balance.
Other than that im still going strong. The extra .2 has rallied me quite a bit - hoping I made the right decision there!

A little on my previous addiction! I was a Dihydrocoeine addict for around 4 1/2 years and an opium addict for another half a year. Ive been semi functional throughout as in I never went through periods of homelessness or incarceration. So ive been a long term addict to give some insight into my overall condition

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow, you sound a bit like me. I am also tapering, but I am at the 1.5 mg part. I would be lower, but I relapsed. I have anxiety too, and I have also noticed after reducing my dose, at about day 3 I get the anxiety. Sometimes it is hard to concentrate on my surroundings. At work, I convinced myself everyone was in a plot to fire me. An hour later, I realized everyone liked me. I had no concrete reason to think that they were going to fire me. It is things like this that constantly plague my mind. That is one of the motivating factors for quitting opiates. First, it was all the side effects of the brown. So I started suboxone. Now I am so paranoid that my family will catch me doing the subs or people will start noticing my pupils are small. I am also someone who does not go out much but I love to ride my bike too and I am also counting on that to reduce the possibility of withdrawal symptoms. I also have no support system. Only 1 person knows that I do subs. And I recently broke up with him, leaving me basically with myself. We will at least have each other here.

I have to tell you a word of advice. At these low doses, it is a bad idea to shove a bunch of suboxone in your mouth. I was paranoid everyone hated me one night, and it kept building up as I ran into more people that hated me. (The next day ironically I did not think they hated me anymore. it was just a stupid paranoid mood. It got so bad that a customer at work told me to smile one day. I got embaraased and said, "But I am already smiling at you". He said, "No.. you are always worrying. Don't be so paranoid. Relax". I replied that I was not paranoid. But it made me open my eyes. I really am always worried about what everyone is thinking. I don't conform to norms like wearing makeup 24-7, I don't follow the crowd, yet I actually do care what people think of me.) Anyways, all of this I believe was fueling my addictions from the beginning.

If you have any advice on how to calm myself, that would be great. I would love that so much. Even things to tell myself during every-day events.

Anyways, to the advice I was going to tell you! That day when I was so mad at everyone for thinking they hated me, I went and shoved a 2mg piece of sub in my mouth. I told myself not to, but the evil part of my brain said "shove it in! Once it's in, it's wet, and you can't take it out! Put it in there before your Good side intervenes! It will make you feel good!"

My problems went away. I got so much accomplished in the next 5 hours and stayed up til 3 AM. Bad idea.

I slept until 11:30 the next morning. I am supposed to be slowly taking my wake-up time to 6 AM for the things I have planned next week. So I messed that up. Also, I got absoluetely nothing done all day. And this was the 4th of July. My day off. The day I was supposed to get so much stuff done. I had the worst headache in the entire world and every bone and muscle in my body ached. I could barely open my eyes, and it was so obvious to my parents that I did drugs or something. That made me 10 time more paranoid. Let me tell you, slipping up and taking a bunch to binge is NOT WORTH IT. For those 5 hours of goodness, I had to suffer miserably for 16 hours, until bedtime, in which I had to take seroquel to go to bed. I took the tiniest bit and I overslept once again and had a terrible time getting up the next day (today). It is almost 4 PM and yet again I have accomplished absolutely nothing today. So let me tell you, if you get paranoid, taking extra suboxone will only make it worse in the long run. Not only will you feel twice as much pain for the time you were high, you will have to start your taper process all over again to your previous dose until you can reduce it again. If you get paranoid, I recommend you come on this website and post how you feel. I am here for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

invisiblemovement wrote:
Wow, you sound a bit like me. I am also tapering, but I am at the 1.5 mg part. I would be lower, but I relapsed. I have anxiety too, and I have also noticed after reducing my dose, at about day 3 I get the anxiety. Sometimes it is hard to concentrate on my surroundings. At work, I convinced myself everyone was in a plot to fire me. An hour later, I realized everyone liked me. I had no concrete reason to think that they were going to fire me. It is things like this that constantly plague my mind. That is one of the motivating factors for quitting opiates. First, it was all the side effects of the brown. So I started suboxone. Now I am so paranoid that my family will catch me doing the subs or people will start noticing my pupils are small. I am also someone who does not go out much but I love to ride my bike too and I am also counting on that to reduce the possibility of withdrawal symptoms. I also have no support system. Only 1 person knows that I do subs. And I recently broke up with him, leaving me basically with myself. We will at least have each other here.

I have to tell you a word of advice. At these low doses, it is a bad idea to shove a bunch of suboxone in your mouth. I was paranoid everyone hated me one night, and it kept building up as I ran into more people that hated me. (The next day ironically I did not think they hated me anymore. it was just a stupid paranoid mood. It got so bad that a customer at work told me to smile one day. I got embaraased and said, "But I am already smiling at you". He said, "No.. you are always worrying. Don't be so paranoid. Relax". I replied that I was not paranoid. But it made me open my eyes. I really am always worried about what everyone is thinking. I don't conform to norms like wearing makeup 24-7, I don't follow the crowd, yet I actually do care what people think of me.) Anyways, all of this I believe was fueling my addictions from the beginning.

If you have any advice on how to calm myself, that would be great. I would love that so much. Even things to tell myself during every-day events.

Anyways, to the advice I was going to tell you! That day when I was so mad at everyone for thinking they hated me, I went and shoved a 2mg piece of sub in my mouth. I told myself not to, but the evil part of my brain said "shove it in! Once it's in, it's wet, and you can't take it out! Put it in there before your Good side intervenes! It will make you feel good!"

My problems went away. I got so much accomplished in the next 5 hours and stayed up til 3 AM. Bad idea.

I slept until 11:30 the next morning. I am supposed to be slowly taking my wake-up time to 6 AM for the things I have planned next week. So I messed that up. Also, I got absoluetely nothing done all day. And this was the 4th of July. My day off. The day I was supposed to get so much stuff done. I had the worst headache in the entire world and every bone and muscle in my body ached. I could barely open my eyes, and it was so obvious to my parents that I did drugs or something. That made me 10 time more paranoid. Let me tell you, slipping up and taking a bunch to binge is NOT WORTH IT. For those 5 hours of goodness, I had to suffer miserably for 16 hours, until bedtime, in which I had to take seroquel to go to bed. I took the tiniest bit and I overslept once again and had a terrible time getting up the next day (today). It is almost 4 PM and yet again I have accomplished absolutely nothing today. So let me tell you, if you get paranoid, taking extra suboxone will only make it worse in the long run. Not only will you feel twice as much pain for the time you were high, you will have to start your taper process all over again to your previous dose until you can reduce it again. If you get paranoid, I recommend you come on this website and post how you feel. I am here for you.

Hey Inmov! Im really surprised at how similar our experiences have been. For me its less paranoia and more panic episodes. Im becoming extremely germophobic. I bought a UV light to scan for contaminants for pities sake. Cleanliness is a virtue and all but thats just crackers lol.
Im sorry to hear about your breakup too - worst possible time it could have happened. Im really impressed that you're still toughing it out. Mad props to you :-) How did you manage to stay strong
Ive found some information suggesting that effexor might be a lifesaver during withdrawals. At the same time many have reported crushing anxiety and depression weight gain and serious withdrawals.Still the medical trials were VERY promising when compared to placebo and this specifically for addicts in our sit.
Imma try the effexor hopefully on monday in time for my jump which will be 2 weeks from then. I'll let you know how I find it! I'll play guinea pig for ya ;-)

Other than that im on 0.53 (May round it down to .5 to quicken things) tomorrow! .8 has been a little tough i'll admit. It hasnt licked me by any means, but the chills are a little more frequent as is the apathy. I have to really ride myself to get doing anything including my exercise. I took a day off for the most part today and funnily enough I actually feel great at the moment. This might be because ive split my doses up yet again. Now im going to be dosing thus:

.1 6am
.1 12am
.1 3am
.1 6am
.1 10am

Thats my .5. My next split will be a .5 split at 6am so my last 2 doses will be .5 + .5

Managing anxiety is a tough one too. Ive been used to lighting up either bud or tobacco during periods of stress. Now however I tend to try and put everything in perspective. By this I mean that I focus on what sobriety will bring me - it makes the suffering worthwhile. My theism also helps. Im not exactly a Christian but I have a sense of a creator which gives some purpose to it all.

Exercise and music are perhaps the 2 greatest tools in all this. While im cycling I forget about my withdrawals entirely. I even feel great for a while after. Theres an adrenaline thrill to it all: weaving in and out of traffic;careening down hills; narrowly escaping apallingly embarassing accidents haha. Main thing though is that while I do it I have a total escape from the symptoms.

Really glad were on the same team too - if your struggling any pm me anytime and i'll do my best to help you out.Im here for you too! Having support is number 1 with this. Doing it alone is possible but in this case we dont need to :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This morning was awful in a whole new sense. Im on my .5 now and the .1 dose I took on wakinng barely held me. Im having some GI issues (may be unrelated to my taper) and I was in a really dark mood for a whiles - this too shall pass. Im going to try the wellbutrin on monday for sure since I know this is a taste of things to come.
Ive come to the conclusion that my taper is only useful in the first 2-3 weeks of withdrawal. During that period the subs just keep you from flaking until the SAO withdrawals have concluded. After that your dealing with sub withdrawals and everything that goes with that.
Im going to hold at .5 though if only because raising my dose is unacceptable to me. Maybe im too heavily invested in getting this particular tapering method to work rather than getting this attempt at sobriety to work.
My final .5 schedule is thus

Morning : .1 / .1
Evening : .1 / .1

Im not sure what do do with the remaning .1. The obvious answer is to take during the afternoon but I find that afternoon dosing is often uneccesary for whatever reason. I may take a third morning dose to get me going and see if that helps at all. Im not going to go for .2 at any cost however - I need to get used to the feeling of a .1 dose since thats where im currently at.

I also technically have .03 left to play with (dose is actually .53) problem is I dont really have the tools to measure that out atm.

As the morning goes on im rallying somewhat - I took my first dose around 7 and ive now taken a second at 10:30 exactly. Ive been rocketing down the dose curve with a devil may care bravado but now im starting to feel the burn. Ive heard astonishing things about welbutrin or venlafaxine. Some people have claimed that it interrupted their withdrawals completely! Thats at the optimisti end of the spectrum but some relief is better than none I say. Only problem will be know it all doctors prescribing yoga and pilates - great long term but im tapering now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im going to be switching to a short acting opiate for the final part of my sub withdrawals. I know this goes against all advice, but it makes sense on a logical level. Sub withdrawals are far longer than SAO ones. Dihydrocoeine or Codeine for 3 weeks or so (Tapering down all the while) will be like opening up a parachute mid freefall.
In fact an SAO withdrawal can be practically painless. Last time I kicked dihydrocodeine I felt mild chills and depression with the use of various aids. My concern is that I dont have long to kick before university starts. If I follow this method i'll be well within the same amount of time I would be with a sub taper but with significantly less pain.
What probably got me last time I tried to kick was the fact that I was sedentary for the entire time. I wasnt eating or drinking properly or even sleeping properly. It was far easier than this however.
Im not particularly worried about getting hooked on DHC if only for the reason that im terrified of being an addict at university - I have nightmares about that.

Ive read loads of success stories about subs and how some people have tapered down and experienced no paws and insigfnicant withrawals. This isnt my personal experience however. I feel as if im taking the hard long way out.

The plan would be to switch to around 118.72mg Dihydrocodeine split into 2 daily doses. I may be able to function on much much much less. A single dose costs around 2.00 so its cost effective. I'll stay on that for 3 weeks costing a total of around 40 pounds or so. Then i'll just jump. I hope.

I'll use an SSRI and healthy living to get through the paws, but im hoping that this will prove a whole lot easier.

My only criticism is that I was addicted to codeine before. For someone whose DOC was another stronger opiate this method would present virtually no problems for me however there are alot of addict memories associated with DHC.

Do you guys think this is viable at all?

PROS

Short manageable withdrawal
Withdrawal can be eliminated almost 90 to 100 percent
PAWS might be shorter(this is a guess)

CONS

Addiction might resurface
Lose my connection to the clinic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think that logically, your plan makes sense, but in reality, it might get you back into the trouble that you were trying to get out of when you started sub in the first place. I understand why you would want to switch to a short acting opiate toward the end of your taper, but I think it's really risky as far as addiction goes. It's your decision though.

I had never heard of misophonia before until another member stated that they had it in the "Does Suboxone make you EMOTIONLESS???" thread. I googled it out of curiosity to find out more about it, because they said that their misophonia just added to their irritability on sub. And you probably already know this, but it might take a few weeks before the Wellbutrin kicks in and you feel any relief from it.

Good luck, and let us know how you are feeling today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The problem with opioids is you always have to pay the tab, one way or another. You really can't dodge withdrawals by switching from long-acting to short acting, or vice versa. After using Sub, your tolerence is increased, so your taper off the codeine will not be the same as you're used to. I wish you luck, but I'm afraid you're just dragging things out. We addicts are always looking for a way around the miserable withdrawals. But unfortunately, time is the ultimate healer.

Just for the record, misophonia is "hatred of sound." It's extreme sensitivity to noises and sounds. Lack of emotional response is anhedonia. Benefits of too many years in school.