It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Questions of stopping...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all. I've been on this forum before, and I never thought I'd see myself back here in the "stopping suboxone" section asking for advice. I've been on subs for 8+ years. A year and a half ago I was at 12mg and felt I hit a wall and couldn't decrease anymore. I work a lot and couldn't afford to be missing work trying to get off subs, so I took a vacation and went to rapid detox. Rapid Detox worked great, I went there on 12mg of subs and left a few days later and was totally clean again, it felt amazing, especially not feeling like a normal human being for years. I was jamming out to music, doing things, and just generally loving "feeling"' again. Unless you've experienced it, it's hard to understand. So anyways, I got the Naloxone shot when I left RD that lasted for 3 months and prevented me from getting high and to help with cravings. Once the 3 months was up they prescribed me the pill version of the Naloxone. I took it for a about another month and just really wanted to be pill free, bad mistake. I would not be here right now if I would have just kept taking my Naloxone as I was told to... I thought I could stay sub/op free myself so I just stopped taking the Naloxone pills. I did fine for another 3-4 weeks being on nothing at all, then vikes dropped in my lap and I wanted to get high. I used vikes/oxy's for a few weeks, thought I was addicted (never know if I actually was) so I took a suboxone, because I still have my script, and wow did I get high like no other drug other made me feel. It's un-real that after using suboxone for 8+ years I've never felt the high I hear about all the time from subs, until being totally off subs for around 4 months. That started up the cycle again.... Long story short, I'm now on a daily dose of 1mg - 1.5mg and really want to quit this shit. I got a bottle of Tylenol 3's that I want to use to get me past the sub detox, then I want to start taking my Naloxone again. The RD clinic I went to will write me scripts of Naloxone forever. I hear/read mixed things on the internet about how long it takes to feel opiates after taking suboxone. The one I am continually seeing is that for every 4mg of subs that you take it takes 12 hours to feel the affects of opiates. Is this true? Before the whole RD thing I never messed around with drugs, just took my subs, so I don't know how this will work. So, me being on 1mg daily for the past year or so, how long will it take me to feel the Tylenol 3's (30mg of codeine)? Please tell me if this is stupid or if there is something else I should do, but I plan on taking the 30mg T3's for a few days to get the subs off my receptors, stopping the opiate usage, and then taking my Naloxone again. I can't afford to be sick in any way. I have a very demanding job. I took my 1mg for the day just a bit ago at 8:30AM. Tomorrow at 8:00AM would I be able to pop two of those T3's and feel them? I feel so ashamed for being back on this shit after spending 8K to go to RD. RD works like a charm if you just listen to them and follow through on all aspects, this was my fault... =/ Please advise.

Thanks,

Chaz.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:56 pm 

Chaz,
Ya, I remember you. Welcome back!! Sorry no one has answered you yet. Just jumped on here myself. Busy summer, but here we are.

So , Rapid Detoxed worked well for you? I don't read that very often . Well thats great.

When people stop taking there Naltrexone shot or pills the danger is that your receptors become hypersensitive Chaz. My guess is this is why you became so buzzed after you took this sub dose. Your tolerance was way low. Even after the vikes you swollowed before hand.

The problem is you need to be opiate free to begin your Naltrexone again. If you add the codine in you will just be delaying the process or risking the chances of becoming sick if you same the blocker to soon.

Ive never heard of this 4mgs to every 12 hours to feel opiate effects before. With subs halflife this does not sound right to me.

Your questions are not "stupid " Chaz, they're good questions. But, if it were me, and its not, Id think about tapering down further and Slowly. Then ask your drs for your blocker. You cant be sick? My opinion is if you take your Naltrexone with opiates in your system, you could become very sick, and fast.
Maybe you know all of this already. ?
If you just want to Feel" your codine over your sub, well i cant answer that. That seems like your just wanting to get high.
This is why staying on a maintenance med is so important. Dr J talks about it in the blog. And most of the time RD is a waste of money.. The person most of the time ends up just useing again..

Best of luck Chaz..for real.....

Razor57

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah the rdd worked great but my dumb ass did some vikes then subs after stopping the naltrexone. I want to use the vikes to get through the sub detox before I get addicted to vikes and then stop the vikes and get back on my naltrexone. Make sense? I just wanted to know if I go 24 hours after my last 1mg dose will I feel the vikes?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:55 am 

Well, ya that plan in theory could work, but you Still will have to be off All opiates to start up the Naltrexone. .

Imo, wd is coming one way or the other. Can you go 24 hours then feel the vikes? Thats your question. ?

I can't answer it. How much you will be taking is really the answer. Tolerance.

Be careful Chaz. I personally can't aprove.
Razor....

Maybe some will offer an answer, or has been though it....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Chaz

My question to you is why do you want to "feel" the vikes? It's a matter of if the vikes will help you transition back to the opiate blocker, so it shouldn't matter if you feel them. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Chaz,
I'm a little confused at your post and questions. I have a couple questions. Do you really think taking some Tylenol 3s are gonna help "get you through" your sub detox? What about when you stop taking them? There's no way to skip out on the piper here I don't think because if there were EVERYONE would be doing it.

I think your best bet is to taper as low and slow as you can off the subs if you really think you need to be off them. Which in my opinion listening to your story may not be the best bet for you at this time. But anyway, if you are determined you can do it and go to work through it, especially on the low dose your on. Its not as bad as coming off dope, its a lot less intense. Just lasts a little longer.