It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have read several posts (possibly from same person....not sure) that refer to "biting" sub and smearing paste around mouth....or doing that with the remains after a certain amount of time. Can anyone help me understand this? I thought it was to be taken sub-lingually which I thought meant under the tongue and I thought that was b/c that is where the membranes that absorb it are. Is it OK to the smear thing? Has anyone asked their doc or Dr. J? From the posts I read it seems to work but I'm scared to try. Also can someone please let me know if all this talk of "maximum absorption" is a real issue or if that is just our dope fiend behavior at work? Sometimes it makes alot of sense to me and then after reading all of these tips and methods, I get confused and just think forget it.....I've always just put it under my tongue and forgot about it (sometimes I fall asleep with it there). Any feedback appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dr. Junig is the one who advocates chewing the sub in the front teeth then spreading it throughout one's mouth. You should be able to search "maximum absorption" and find his blog entry or a forum posting about it. Personally I go sublingual, but occasionally I'll chew the last bits and spread it around. It is my understanding that it is quicker that way.

I'm sorry I can't give you more info...I'm sure others can offer more.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Here it is
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here's his blog entry about it: http://suboxonetalkzone.com/?p=1179

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Monica65 - Good evening. Here is a thread where people in detail are discussing how they dose with Suboxone.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=256

Seems like a lot of people use the Maximum Absorption method including myself. It absolutely works for me. The main reason I use this method is because it works fast. For me the pill dissolves immediately. The blog that Hatmaker510 provided for you from Dr. J really explains the Maximum Absorption method well. If you haven't read it already make sure you do it soon. SuperBuper