It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: QUESTIONS, NEW BIE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been reading posts after posts, and it just seems like everyone is trying to do the best that they can at the time. Ok heres goes, my story,
Been addicted to Vic's 13-20 750 mg a day for 10 years and yea had my 1st induction last Tues. insurance covered my most of visit co-pay $15.00 but after going into bad withdrawals at 11.00 a.m. Dr wrote the script took it to the pharmacy next door and my script card did not help with any coverage $76.00 for 10 8 mg. only had $50.00, as you guess didn't get the script so oh well took 2 vics so i could drive home and told dr. be back next week when i got paid. So Wed. at 10.00 will doing the 1st induction.
Question is will i be able to drive home from the Dr.s office ??????????as it took all the praying in world to get me their safe,as we all know the WITHDRAWALS are non-controllable. and then 45 minutes after taking the vics to be able to drive back home.
Please help to explain how the 1st visit goes??????????? as i have NOBODY to drive me their, my daughter will be going with me but she cannot drive my truck as it is a standard. I'm so scared as i don't want to be stuck on the other side of town, because i 'm just going to tell her that if i can't drive to just to call EMS and have them take me straight to DETOX. This is my BIGGEST FEAR so far about going, Will i be able to work then next day, as i've noticed that alot of your posts say how sleepy you get.
PLEASE PLEASE REPLY

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi jlfinfo - welcome to the forum. I hope you find as much support here as I have.

I'm sorry your first induction was a bust. Is your doctor going to do the induction right there in her/his office? Or will you have to go pick up the script and take it home? I'm not clear. If it's in the office, then usually the doc will give you a small amount, then wait an hour or two and take more. It depends on how you respond to the medication and how quickly your withdrawals go away. Many people feel "normal" right away, while others as you've read, get a bit sleepy or even feel a bit high for the first few days. I don't think anyone can tell you for sure how you'll feel or if you'll be able to drive home. Many people do spend hours at their induction, so the doctor can gauge how you react to the med. I'm sorry I can't give you more definitive answers. Again, welcome and I hope your induction goes smoothly this time.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm 
Hi jlinfo. I'm guessing the doctor wants you to pick up the script and bring it to the office for induction. You should be in moderate withdrawal when you get there (which is the hardest but most important part). If the doc knows what he is doing, he will give you 4mg and check on you every 15 minutes to see how it is affecting you. He may give you a 2nd dose if you need it. BUT you should be feeling relief from your withdrawals when you are sent home. I was fine to drive when I left my induction. The hope is that you will leave the appointment feeling much better than when you arrive.
Good luck.
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jlfinfo,

I'm new as well, but wanted to let you know how my induction went. I was there for about 3 hours. The nurse came in and asked lots of questions, took my vitals, yada yada yada. Doc came in and went over the same things. Vitals, exam, my addiction history, and then suggested what the starting dose would be. The nurse came in with 2-8mg tabs, explained the whole "under tongue dissolve" theory and said she'd be back in 15 minutes. She checked on me the first 15 minutes and I had very little change in the way I was feeling. She came back every 15 min after that. After 30 min I actually started feeling really good - back to the normal way I think I had felt years ago. I didn't get the "high" others talk about, as I wasn't looking for that to begin with. I was sent home with a script for 2 weeks worth and an appointment card to have a recheck in 2 weeks. After that appt. he kept me on the same dose. I left with a script for 30 days. Granted I have to pay all out of pocket which comes to nearly $600 mo. but it is worth it.

Short version is that I did drive myself to and from both appointments and have luckily felt no side effects (sleepiness, nausea, etc) while on suboxone treatment.

Hope all goes well for you!
Lisa