It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was inducted today at 4mgs and that was 7 hours ago and I still feel energized and pretty content...haven't thought about taking pills at all. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and take another 4mgs now so I don't take it too close to bedtime and stay up all night? Do you usually need another dose the same day as induction or should I just wait and take it tomorrow morning? I don't want to overdo it and then start feeling nauseous from taking too much, but I don't know if it is going to wear off in a few hours and I'll need to take more and then not be able to sleep. My doctor gave me a pill to take with it to keep me from having nausea, so I don't know if I should take that with it every time I take a dose for a while or just skip it? That damn extra Rx cost me $80. I kinda wish I didn't get it, but maybe that's what kept me from feeling sick??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There's no guarantee that you're going to feel sick from taking it. And if you feel fine, and you think you may not need your prescribed amount, then divide your dose in half and take that now instead of the entire dose..that way you aren't without or the suboxone doesn't come out of your system in the middle of the night, but you're also only taking enough to do you until morning, when you take your next full dose.
So if you're supposed to take 8mg of it 2 times per day, then you feel pretty good now, or at bedtime, then on the 2nd dose, instead of 8mg, divide that dose in half and only take 4mg. Its as easy as cutting/bending and tearing the film into half....

I found that if you fold the film and match the corners, then fold it back the opposite way, it tears relatively easily.
That's IF you don't get film that are torn already when you open the package.
Here lately I've been having to take whole films, because there are small pieces of the film when I open the package, and it's something that Reckitt Benkiser is looking into.

It's rare that I take my entire dose...but sometimes I do. Just depends.

Post subject: Last night
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My strips all seem to be unintentionally?? broken in two places. Its a jagged rip on 2 spots on each of them. Like they are broken or something so it makes it hard to fold to get exactly half. But I don't think I even need half of one. I took another 4mgs last night and felt good, and then 5 hours later got a bad headache and puked twice. So I took some aspirin and felt all better 20 minutes later.

When I went to bed, for the first time in 20 years, I had absolutely no neck/shoulder pain or tension at all! I wondered if this is what normal people feel like when they lay down?? I have never been a good sleeper because I toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable because of my neck pain. I'm usually tired, but can't lay still long enough to fall asleep. This has effected my life drastically since I was 15 years old. I don't know what causes my pain because I've never been in an accident or anything, and the doctors have xray'd me and sent me to physical therapy, but don't know why my neck hurts me every day of my life. Some days are worse than others, but it ALWAYS hurst when I lay down for bed. I've just learned to live with it and I'm sure that is a huge part of why I have been depressed for so many years because when you can't sleep and have constant pain at night, it affects your quality of life every day. Anyway, I was laying there pain free and so excited that I might actually get a good nights sleep for once, but my mind would not turn off. And when it did, I would fall asleep and start dreaming for like 30 seconds and then wake up. This happened over and over and over ALL night long! Has this happened to anyone else? I finally started sleeping for about 20 minute intervals around 4 or 5am, but ended up getting up at 6:30 because I wasn't feeling tired anymore.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thats great that your neck doesn't hurt anymore. It's crazy how oxy didnt get rid of the pain for you but the subs did...potent drug. About the dream thing, I havent dreamt then woke up but I noticed that I have these very vivid nightmares all the time. Crazy.

Post subject: Headaches
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today is my 3rd day on subs. I took 4mg twice the 1st day and felt great with the exception of a headache and neck/shoulder tension later that night, and I threw up one time right before bed. I took aspirin and felt fine after I vomited. Also, the headache and nausea happened like 5 hours after my 2nd dose (and I ate a normal dinner), so I thought that was kinda weird. I would think if it was going to make me sick to my stomach, it would do it while I was feeling high, not 5 hours later. I was pretty high both times after taking the 4mg dose. So yesterday I took 4mg in the morning and felt really high again for like 5 hours, then I got bad tension in my neck again and a really really bad headache to where I couldn't even move for 3 hours. I took aspirin and it didn't help after an hour, so I took ibuprofen (400mg) and that didn't work, and then I started feeling nausea again. I made myself throw up and my headache and tension and nausea were gone within 10 minutes. I don't know if it was the ibuprofen that helped or actually throwing up, but whatever it was, I finally felt better...just exhausted from being in pain and so tense for 3 hours. Anyway, I decided to cut my dose to 2mg last night because I don't think I'm supposed to be getting so high from this med, and I don't think I need 4mg. My doctor said I could cut down if I feel I don't need as much as she gave me, and to just see how I feel and take what makes me feel normal. I didn't feel anything from the 2mg dose, just normal. Slept ok last night, so I plan to take another 2mg dose tonight for a total of 4mg instead of the 8mg the 1st day, and 6mg the 2nd day. I hope this is ok. I know there is a long half life, so I'm not going to cut down any more until a couple of days pass and I know I am doing ok on the 4mg/day. I was wondering if anyone else got relief from he headaches by cutting down the dose a bit, or if they tried taking a higher dose of sub to get relief? I just didn't think I should go higher because of the high and wooziness I feel off of 4mgs. I hope I don't get these headaches every day because they are horrible! I feel like I can't make any plans with anyone for anything until I get stablized on this med because I don't want to be out somewhere and one of these headaches come on. I've never had a headache that bad...and 2 days in a row. I also notice my jaw hurts...I think from clenching my teeth while I have this tension and headache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

So sorry to hear you are getting sick and have headaches. I never got any of that. But the good news is that you seem to be doing just fine on 4mg. Keep on that for at least 5 days so you have the stacked up sub out of your system. Just listen to your body. I have also foind that with the sleep issues, exercise (if you are able to do it) is key. Even a half hour walk is enoguht to tire you out. My legs seem to be loaded with lactic acid lately, but after working them out for a bit and a hot bath I feel much better. Maybe a hot bath will help with your neck pain as well. I also found that I ground my teeth something fierce the first few weeks. It has mainly subsided now.

Post subject: Another thought
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

You may have a sensitivity to Nalaxone. That could be the source of the headaches and nausea. You need to ask your doc if he will prescribe the Subutx which is Bupe wihtout Nalaxone. Just a thought.

Post subject: Subutex
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did ask dr for Subutex when I first got on this, and she said no. But I'm going to ask again at follow up appt after I tell her about my symptoms. So we can spit out the excess saliva after the films dissolve too? I thought that was just for if you take the pills and there is a little bit of pill left in your mouth. I'll try it.

Post subject: Headache
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I got another headache a little bit ago and took aspirin...didn't work. Took ibruprofen 45 min later...didn't work. So I took Aleve 45 min later and then fell asleep for an hour and woke up and headache was finally gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:34 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I am not sure about the whole spit thing. Both drugs go in through your membranes sub-lingually. It is not like the Nalaxone settles to the bottom. I think you are just wasting bupe if you spit. Ahh, the age old debate.. spit or swallow.