It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Last week's questions included the value of counseling, handling the 'buprenorphine issue' at meetings, and metabolic questions about buprenorphine.

Post new questions as replies to this post... and thanks for contributing!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I was wondering if height and weight play any factor into a person's daily dose. Also, if there's any difference from taking it on a full stomach or empty stomach.

For some drugs these factors matter, but because it is taken sublingually and not swallowed I was curious if it mattered.

You may have answered this question in the past so a video response may not be necessary. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any more questions?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

what is the procedure for pre-employment drug tests...is bupe usually included? if they just test for opiates will bupe show up? should i tell them im on suboxone? if the suboxone shows, but i told them beforehand, can/will the test people inform the employer? i would prefer if the employer did not know if they don't have to. its a concrete company and use of machinery such as forklifts and cranes are part of the job. just curious about any info about tests for employment, i just got hired and will be taking a test in 2 weeks, and would like to know how i should go about doing it. should i bring my suboxone box with the script attached as proof? any info would be great doc, thx!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This question may be a bit out of the scope of what you're looking for, but I've been wanting to broach this subject for a little while.

Do you think that maybe part of the reason people want to get off Suboxone is part of the "addict condition." I know that may sound counterintuitive because normally we addicts seek drugs, but as you've seen, a lot of addicts seem to want off Suboxone and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the addict in us? Do you follow or am I just nuts?

In one of the threads on this board titled What is Addiction, there's an explanation in there about how there's a part of the brain in addicts where judgement resides and apparently our judgement isn't always the best. I guess that's part of what I'm getting at.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo, that's a really good question. I think I know what you're saying but I was wondering if you could elaborate on what exactly you mean by the addict condition. Like in other words, are you saying some people want to stop suboxone because of the addict condition as far as wanting to use again?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is a great question Romes! I'm interested to hear Dr. J's response to that one...

I don't know if my question is worthy of a video response, but I have been wondering how much smoking actually effects the absorption of buprenorphine. Especially in the smaller doses. I am currently taking 2mg per day. What would be the best amount of time to wait after smoking to take my dose, and how long should I wait after placing it under my tongue before smoking again?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not sure if it's just my device or what, but I don't see any box with a play icon like I normally do in order to play the video for the week? anyone know what gives? is it just me? :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
Not sure if it's just my device or what, but I don't see any box with a play icon like I normally do in order to play the video for the week? anyone know what gives? is it just me? :oops:
Hey Lizzie,

Must be your system because I had no issues and was able to see it just fine as usual?
I copied the link after watching and will put it here in hopes you can click on it this way and take a peek.
Hopefully this will work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sif0nEV ... ded#at=114

Karen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks Karen, I can see it now! :-)