It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone. I finally saw a sub doc and am deciding to stay on maintenance for a bit at low doses. I'm prescribed 8mg daily so I can make this last me a looong time. I'm used to the Roxanne generic subutex, the bigger white pill with 54 411 print on them. I got the newer generics with an 8 and an arrow on them. They are MUCH smaller and I think I definitely took a bigger dose than usual because I feel a pretty good buzz right now. I'm guessing I took 0.5mg at once instead of my regular 0.25 twice a day. Does anyone else get these kind of subutex and do you like it better than the other kinds?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sleepy,
Great you choose to go to a bup Dr and glad s/he had an opening! Such good news. IDK on your monproduct generic buprenorphine manufacturer change. But given you now have plenty of access to bup, you gotta quit your snorting. For all the reasons you already know from reading here. Take it sublingual!! When you take this med the right way - better results happen! We've had a few posters snorting bup and wow, what a mess and nose damage. Plus, its addictive behavior, you get more in too fast and wow, then it becomes psychologically addictive. Use your time on bup to leave active addiction behind! Best, P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Pelican!

The whole point of taking buprenorphine medication is to leave the world of 'a good buzz' behind. People here are taking steps in another direction; the goal is to see using behavior in the way they used to see it, before addiction-- as an ugly part of their lives, and a waste of a few (or more) precious years of life.

I encourage people to always take using thoughts 'full circle'. Don't stop at the 'good buzz'; make sure you connect the thought with reality, and include a thought about how you felt when you were too sick to go to your daughter's recital, or when you were sick in bed while your family ate dinner. Or think about the fear or shame you felt the first time you were arrested, or the loneliness you felt when someone important to you said he/she has had enough.

Sleepyone, I hope things work out. But understand that lying to your doctor, even to get a larger 'stash' of an important medication, interferes with treatment and makes recovery less likely. We all used lies during our using days. It takes years of telling the truth (what AA calls 'rigorous honesty') to erase the character damage caused by those years of constant lying. You'll do better if you have an HONEST therapeutic relationship with someone.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply Pelican! I'm very happy too and I actually did take my dose sublingually this morning! I'm a bit confused with dosing since these pills are so much smaller, but I think I took about 0.5mg sublingual and it worked great. So I think sublingually I'll start out with 0.5mg twice a day for 1mg total. I'll stick around and try to help others and track my progress (:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the reply and I completely understand what you're saying doc. I apologize if anything I said came off the wrong way, I really want to do better and get clean! I'm 18 days clean from H now and to me that's a miracle. The Dr. I met yesterday was very nice and understanding. He was the only one that was willing to give me subutex over suboxone. It was just hard because I had to borrow cash from my family since I'm out of a job now that I quit dope/selling it. California medicaid/medical is horrible, they don't cover the Dr. visits and only cover the suboxone film. The reason I choose subutex over suboxone actually stems back from my first month ever on bupe back in 2015. I was on suboxone for two months and was suffering extreme panic attacks, fast heart rate, depression, sweats, and a bunch more uncomfortable symptoms. I was at the point of either ending my life or just going back to dope until I came in to see a new Dr. and told him my experience. He told me to try subutex and after my first dose I immediately felt better and stayed there for over a year. I'm not sure if this was all mental or if I'm sensitive to something in the suboxone films or what. Do you ever see people that are sensitive to the naloxone in suboxone? Because as I understand the naloxone doesn't really get into your system if taken sublingually/orally right? But I have also heard that naloxone blocks the production of natural endorphins, so if it was getting into my system maybe that would explain my anxiety/depression. I plan on taking the subutex sublingually like I used to so I can have a much easier time tapering once I decide to get off completely.