It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok many of you have fallowed my situation and have helped me drastically over the last 2 weeks, especially Hatmaker so hats of to you hatmaker. Well I have been taking pain meds for a little over a week for sever back pain and don't want to take them any more so today I would like to start subutex again but worried how to properly induce myself again. Anyone with any info. pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows how to contact Dr. J and could have him voice his opinion on this that would also be great. Please and thank you for all the help I cant wait any longer and want off the pain meds today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh sorry my main question is when should I induce myself on the subutex again should I wait until I am in WD's :cry:. The last time I took pain meds was 7hrs. ago (8am) today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Joseph,

It sounds like you're anxious to get back on the sub. I can't blame you. I felt the same way and I'd only been off them for a few days. I'm curious, did the pain meds do ANYTHING to help your back?

Ok, it is my unofficial, non-medical opinion that you should be fine to start back on the sub if you wait about 12 or so hours. I'm basing that on what my doctor told me to do when we thought I'd need to be on pain meds for about a week - he told me to just wait about 12 hours and go straight back on the sub.

I hope this works for you and you can get back to basics soon. Please let us know how you make out.

(And you're very welcome - it's been my pleasure to help support you through this - we're all in this together.)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The pain meds (norcos 10/325 & ms contin 30mg) did absolutely nothing for my pain all the did was keep the WD's away and they barley did that. Every morning I would wake up with the beginnings of the wd symptoms and I slept horrible for the last week. So even after 10 days of being of the subs I still felt nothing from the pain meds, no relief no other feelings nothing. I have to walk out the door so I will be back latter.